Old February 16, 2002, 19:09   #1
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 20:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Terrain Issues
I've seen people Moan about Terrain in several threads since Joining here, especially the crapstart thread. Now, there's many issues on Terrain people must have , so lets try and get them down here and maybe firaxis will listen .

Here's what I think

Less Tundra
Plains and Forest Should be More useful
Bring Back Bananas and Oasis

Sea and Coast! - This is my main problem, Coastal Cities are way Underpowered IMO, I think something needs to be done here, they are not very useful until near the end of the game, Perhaps Fish and Whale Squares should Produce 1 More extra food than they would , when a harbour is present in the city.

Farmland Irragation - Why was this taken away?? Too much terraforming?? Perhaps this should be brought back, but to Bonus Resources only, giving the user a headache on whether to mine his cattle or go right for Farmland Irragation.

People have spoke about Irrigating Hills, but i think thats silly, although how about the 'sheep' resource on hills???? giving +2 food and +2 Commerce ?? or something like that.

There needs to be the Option of Making something of a city which isnt posistioned on Grassland, which at current, there isnt!
Old February 16, 2002, 22:18   #2
Goatguy
Settler

Local Time: 15:40
get the Long Winded CHanges(LWC) mod...
The LWC's mod by Plutark is great, besides adding a whole mess of new units, techs, and rules changes, he has also added the coveted oaisis and fruit, the a bility to irrigate hills, improved use of plains and even the ability to mine jungles!?! His mod can be found un the Mods section of either CivFanatics or Apolton
Old February 16, 2002, 22:23   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 13:40
One thing you can do with your coast is create another version of the Harbour. This will add more food to any water squares. I've added Docks, which are available right away, and are also a requirement for the Harbour.
Old February 16, 2002, 22:26   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:40
Less Tundra. Try a warm climate option in the world generation screen. I found that I like it a lot.

Salve