Old December 14, 2000, 06:38   #1
Stuff2
Warlord

Local Time: 00:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
fix the 3D - bug
I've alreay posted this in another thread, but i wanted too make sure that someone was reading it so... Programmers, please read this.

When firaxis implements fancy 3D-graghpic-units (Which i'm pretty sure they will). Why not have it as an extra device that you can switch on, instead as something that you have to switch off? I mean this as in how the programming is done and not how the game will seem for the user.

As it is now, it's obvoius that even though you switch of this 'wonderful feature', the result is that the computer still calculates how to show the movement and then just don't show it beacouse it reads it shouldn't. That's really silly. Instead, could the 'graphic calculations' be done only if fancy graphics are turned on? Otherwise it's a waste of CPU. I mean, it will work smother for those who have it turned off and it will make no difference for those who have fancy graphics turned on.

But maybe this is a mistake that only are made in my copies of civ2 and SMAC and i'm arguing over nothing. Sorry about my lousy english...
[This message has been edited by Stuff2 (edited December 14, 2000).]