Old March 5, 2002, 18:09   #61
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 15:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Nothing much.

I press ctrl-n at the end of my turn but it doesn't seem to work as my units do move or have a go-to command on. Any ideas?
Attached Files:
File Type: net athens742.net (223.8 KB, 2 views)
Old March 5, 2002, 19:19   #62
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 08:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Histiaea Taken

After a successful campgain against the Greek Rebels in the Northern part of the Island, Histiaea was conquered.

Heres the Save
Attached Files:
File Type: net xa_auto.net (223.8 KB, 3 views)
Old March 6, 2002, 18:44   #63
Cyrion
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 22:42
New Colony founded, and pirates village sacked...

More comments next time, sorry...

The save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net corinth_b742.net (223.9 KB, 2 views)
Old March 7, 2002, 07:32   #64
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 20:42
The first Theban ships were completed in Atalanti this year, and an expeditionary force was landed on the home island of Chalcis. These troops victoriously sacked a barbarian village. The warriors of another village were so impressed by the mighty armies of the Tyranny that they decided to join them.

The Chalcidean tyrant is assured that the troops on his island are merely helping to pacify the area. These forces, having accomplished their mission, will be withdrawn next turn.
Attached Files:
File Type: net thebes742.net (223.9 KB, 2 views)
Old March 7, 2002, 17:17   #65
Soundwave
Prince

Oh thanks for telling me and stop stealing my villages ***** they are my slaves!

Next time i wont take it so kindly!
Old March 10, 2002, 15:05   #66
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 17:42
Sparta has moved.
Attached Files:
File Type: net spartamoves740.net (223.9 KB, 2 views)
Old March 10, 2002, 21:40   #67
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Iron route between the two great poleis of Athens and Miletus has been established. It is the Tyrant's hope that this will encourage good will between Asia Minor and Hellas.

Note to All: Nisaea and Sunium are under Athenian jurisdiction. Any attempt to take these will be met with swift and dealy force. If any forces land on Attica without the express permission of Athens, the polis involved will get a declaration of war!
Old March 10, 2002, 21:43   #68
The ANZAC
King

Here's the save! Forgot it
Attached Files:
File Type: net athens740.net (223.9 KB, 2 views)
Old March 12, 2002, 15:15   #69
Soundwave
Prince

British Governmet Supports the New Union of America

The British Government will support it with trade and money... but not with arms.

Also Montreal-Dalhousie Railway Finished
Attached Files:
File Type: net british1861june.net (164.5 KB, 2 views)
Old March 12, 2002, 17:42   #70
Cyrion
King

Hmmm... wrong pbem???

Old March 12, 2002, 17:47   #71
Soundwave
Prince

Scyros Taken!! Next Stop Pirate Stronghold! and Cryme!

Also Thebes better move its units out of Chalcidean Waters and island or they will be sunk and destroyed... Thank you

In other words go back the way ya came!

If you want my save its in American Empire PBEM... thanks again Cyrion

GOD DAMN!!
Old March 13, 2002, 04:56   #72
winterfritz
Prince

Decree from Thebes
In response to the Chalcidean tyrant's inflammatory statements, Janus offered the following statement:

'While the chariots in the north of the island will be withdrawn immediately, the horsemen further south cannot be shipped off until the turn after that, when a new craft is completed in the Theban shipyards.

However, the strait along and around the northern end of the Chalcidean Island is the only route Theban ships have into the Aegan. Thus our ships will continue to use them. These waters are not Chalcidean property, or anyone elses. They are free for the use of all the Greeks.

If Chalcis denies us freedom to use these waters and attacks our ships, then we will fight them. And we will be confident of victory, as we are sure that the rest of the Greeks will not allow such an affront to their natural rights to go unanswered.'
Old March 13, 2002, 06:56   #73
Soundwave
Prince

"Ummmm... Well the Put ships in these straights and we will find out?....."

"League or no League, we agreed on the Position of Empire if you change them , Athen and I will act, and you will not feel so confident..."

Tyrant Xanthus
Old March 13, 2002, 17:21   #74
Cyrion
King

A few mercenaries agreed to join the Corinthian Tyranny near our last Colony!!

Apart from that, not much to say, except that the Tyrant Cyrion is realizing that Corinth is falling behind in techs...

And the save:
Attached Files:
File Type: net corinth_b740.net (223.9 KB, 2 views)
Old March 14, 2002, 07:26   #75
winterfritz
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Soundwave
"Ummmm... Well the Put ships in these straights and we will find out?....."

"League or no League, we agreed on the Position of Empire if you change them , Athen and I will act, and you will not feel so confident..."

Tyrant Xanthus
A message from the Theban Polis and its allies, to the Chalcidean Tyrant:

Firstly, the Tanagran league has agreed to no general partition, other than the recognizing of Athens' rights to the people of Attica, Chalcis' rights to the island of Euboea, and Theban rights to surrounding Boetia.

And even if we had agreed to any grandoise division of Greece, proposed and fueled by Chalcidean over-ambition, we might add, this would not have included exclusive Chalcidean rights to the straits of Euboea. These waters are free for the use of all the polises.

Thus the Thebans will put as many ships as they desire in these waters. And if the Chalcideans treacherously attack, they might note that the terms of the Tanagran League make it a defensive organisation. So the Athenians would be obliged to declare war on Chalcis rather than aid you in bullying the Greeks of Boetia, as you so rashly assume they would like to do.

The Chalcidean Tyrant should think twice before wilfully provoking Thebes like this; our great polis was founded by a son of Zeus himself, and we shall always feel confident, for we know we have the king of the gods himself on our side.
Old March 14, 2002, 08:15   #76
Soundwave
Prince

"I the Tyrant Xanthus, have gone to the Oracle at Delphia and Prayed to Ares and Poseidon for guidence in these matters, as the Priestess Democrates came out, she forsaw a Great Alliance of three city states, one she said showed a great snake shape which must of mean Athens, another was an back bird which meant Corinth.. as i held my breth the third was an upside down V with gold, which meant Chalican..."

"if Thebes wants to fight us let it be so, i have gret conact and understanding with the mighty leaders of Corinth and Athens, and the mighty god Ares who blesses our troops and Poseidon who blesses our war ships"

"know this is a Thebean ship is not recalled back to Thebes, it will be sunk and war will being... Thebes verus, the Corinthian League"
Old March 14, 2002, 12:06   #77
Cyrion
King

Surprise in Corinth...
Tyrant Cyrion was really surprised to notice that everybody was informed about the Secret League between Chalcis, Athens and Corinth, so secret actually that even Cyrion had never heard of it before!!!

But the athenian and chalcidean emissaries are welcome to Corinth : "Corinthian League" has a ring Tyrant Cyrion likes...

Nonetheless, there is no reason now why Corinth should be at war with our Theban neighbours with whom we have been living peacefully for decades!!
Old March 14, 2002, 20:02   #78
The ANZAC
King

winterfritz and soundwave: I have an idea- first no foreign units on Euboea, Boeotia, and Attica. Then the straits and waters: they should be open to all city-states. But ships should not be parked there. Ships are allowed to go, but not to block it. So blocking ships should be removed. But the straits should be open otherwise Thebes is blocked in and that can't be allowed.
Old March 15, 2002, 01:51   #79
winterfritz
Prince

The Theban people have praised the Athenian Tyrant's voice of reason. He has suggested just what we wanted: free passage of all the Greek straits and seas, for all the Greeks.

Our Theban expedition has been removed from the Chalcidean island - although we had already stated our intention in doing this previously.

We are enraged at the Chalcidean threats to our great Polis, however. Does this talk of the 'Corinthian League' mean that the evil Tyrant of Chalcis, not content with oppressing his own people, is attempting to array the city-states of Greece against freedom loving Thebes? We hope and pray that Athens and Corinth know nothing of this treachery (and thank the Corinthian and Athenian leaders for their statements, which seem to support this.)

Know this, despot of Chalcis: the Theban people have the right to passage through the Euboean straits. Should you attack us, we will fight for this right. You may think that you have the blessing of Ares and Poseidon, but the Theban peoples established their city with Zeus' blessing, and have his support and help to count on, should any bloodthirsty neighbours threaten Theban independence.
Attached Files:
File Type: net thebes740.net (223.9 KB, 2 views)
Old March 15, 2002, 04:01   #80
Soundwave
Prince

I hold the right to these waters, what Athens does in Attica is there business none of mine, what Chalicans do in the Chalican Straits is ours, if you do not turn back to Thebes you ship will be found and sunk you have been warned... -Tyrant Xanthus
Old March 15, 2002, 09:18   #81
The ANZAC
King

But if Boeotian ships are not allowed through the straits, how their navy function at all? First I just realized something: the Chalican Straits should not be needed by the Boeotians because there port is north of that and they only need the northern strait to go out. I think I have a compromise: depending on where the Boeotian coastal-city is (probably north of Chalcis) then I have a map. the northern straits can be used by Thebes and Chalcis, the southern straits by Athens and Chalcis, by the central strait is off limits except by express permission, here's a map.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	compromise.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	11465  

Last edited by The ANZAC; March 15, 2002 at 09:24.
Old March 15, 2002, 14:10   #82
Soundwave
Prince

Chalicans do not care for this opinion, we respect the Atheninan Opinion but the Straits you have names to be shared by Thebes and Chalicians is unacceptable, there are my straights by birth right... is Thebes wants out, they will go thourgh the Straits marked, shared by Athens and Chalicans and Nationalized.

Last edited by Soundwave; March 15, 2002 at 22:48.
Old March 15, 2002, 18:05   #83
The ANZAC
King

But if Thebes isn't allowed to move through the straits by Chalcis, then how are they going to get out? They don't have a coastal city south of that, so it is impossible for them to reach the strait you say they are allowed to go through.
Old March 16, 2002, 00:34   #84
The ANZAC
King

We need a replacement for El as he is backing out of all PBEMs. Any ideas? Who wants Sparta?
Old March 16, 2002, 15:19   #85
Soundwave
Prince

HMMMM LOOK AT THE PBEM THREAD!!!!
Old March 17, 2002, 04:10   #86
winterfritz
Prince

Quote:
Chalicans do not care for this opinion, we respect the Atheninan Opinion but the Straits you have names to be shared by Thebes and Chalicians is unacceptable, there are my straights by birth right... is Thebes wants out, they will go thourgh the Straits marked, shared by Athens and Chalicans and Nationalized.
How can these straights be the birth-right of a Tyrant who has illegally seized the power in Chalcis from it's established and rightful heirs? Rather, these straights are the birth-right of all free Greeks, and the Chalcidean Tyrant's attempts to reserve them for himself are an affront to all the Hellenes.

The Thebans cannot use the part of the straits shared between Athens and Chalcis because they are too far away from our infant ports and harbours. Besides which, we have no interests in the areas that this strait opens onto.

The Thebans commend the well thought out Athenian compromise. However, the shared zone for Thebes and Chalcis would have to extend further south through the straits, as our new port city is slightly to the east of the area outlined. Nonetheless, the people of Boetia appreciate the addition of another voice of reason to this dispute, as opposed to the tyrannical rantings that continue to issue from Chalcis.

We Thebans repeat that they will continue to pass ships through the northern straits as we please. We will treat any destruction of Theban vessels as a declaration of war. The brave and heroic citizens of Boetia are ready for any Chalcidean treachery.
Old March 17, 2002, 05:09   #87
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 06:42
Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
We need a replacement for El as he is backing out of all PBEMs. Any ideas? Who wants Sparta?
I'll take Sparta
Old March 17, 2002, 12:29   #88
The ANZAC
King

Then if nobody else has any reservations, I guess Case gets Sparta!
Old March 18, 2002, 01:37   #89
winterfritz
Prince

The Theban people gladly welcome the new Spartan King

Other than a defensive pact between Chalcis, Athens and Thebes, there are no alliances that I know of (and that pact is nothing like the ones in AoW - its very loose, we don't co-operate, and basically just argue alot But being Greek city-states, its historically accurate, I suppose )

Heres the new player list. Case, it's your turn now.

Other Greeks - AI
Sparta - Case - nick_dowling@hotmail.com
Persia - AI
Athens - The ANZAC - theanzac@optonline.net
Chalcideans - Soundwave - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
Corinth - Cyrion - vfrache@hotmail.com
Thebes - winterfritz - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com

Has Soundwave left for his holiday yet?

Last edited by winterfritz; March 18, 2002 at 01:43.
Old March 18, 2002, 18:15   #90
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 06:42
Here's my turn (nothing much happened)
Attached Files:
File Type: net sparta_b738.net (223.9 KB, 2 views)