Old February 18, 2002, 18:05   #1
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 15:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Playing 1.17
I have a couple of comments. The game seems to play smoother, the unit activation sequencing is much improved. I have not seen the AI offer or accept gold per turn trades anymore. Has this been disabled?

The play is still linear but at least it seems a little more polished.

Did the correct editor ever get bundled in the patch?
Old February 18, 2002, 18:25   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:45
I get the AI to accept gold per turn for tech all the time. I like to give combo lump sum and per turn. If they flip out and attack me later, I get a discount. Actually, when I ask them what they want for it, they always come back with a per turn amount if I don't have enough in the bank to cover the lump sum.

I think they will be less prone to declare war if they are getting something from you per turn. I have no proof, but it makes sence to me so I do it.

Wrong editor in the first release of the patch. Might be updated Tuesday. You can get the right editor (and the first release of the patch) here on Poly. See the main Civ3 page.

Salve
Old February 18, 2002, 18:28   #3
Soren Johnson
PtWDG Gathering StormC4WDG The GooniesC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 ParticipantsApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Realms Beyond
Civilization IV Lead Designer

Re: Playing 1.17
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick
I have a couple of comments. The game seems to play smoother, the unit activation sequencing is much improved. I have not seen the AI offer or accept gold per turn trades anymore. Has this been disabled?

The play is still linear but at least it seems a little more polished.

Did the correct editor ever get bundled in the patch?
generally speaking, the AI won't accept a deal in which you offer more gold than you can provide. So if you offer a per-turn gold deal and are not generating gold (and don't have cash reserves to provide it), the AI will refuse...
Old February 18, 2002, 19:12   #4
Salvor
Apolyton University
Chieftain

Interesting, and smart. But I could use clarification of how it determines what you can provide. Does it take into account only your present tax rate, or is it smart enough to know whether you could afford the payments by increasing your taxes?