Old March 20, 2002, 11:01   #91
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 15:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My preference is toward a Mesoamerican civ (Mayan), but it's not a big issue for me.

Second choice would be the Egyptians (but since that is already in the other game...)

Third choice is Rome.

Actually, I wouldn't mind trying one of the Victory Condition setups, just to see how easy/hard it is. (Does anyone have an opinion on how easy/hard they are, based on the victory parameters as they are set up).

And it would give a clearly-defined goal for all of us to shoot for - and we could still attempt to conquer the world if the goal turns out to be unreachable.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old March 20, 2002, 11:38   #92
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:51
Agusta,
Yes, we should all have v1.3 installed but since that might be a little buggy it might not be wise to play with it. However, if you start up ModSwapper with Cradle v1.3 installed you will notice that next to the default v1.3 game there are also several other options to play with. One of these options is a stable version of v1.2 (which is basically the same as v1.3 minus some extra features, IIRC). So even though we might not play with v1.3 itself, everyone *should* have it installed, and the only thing that might change is with what option we start the game up in ModSwapper.

Quote:
Originally posted by hexagonian
My preference is toward a Mesoamerican civ (Mayan), but it's not a big issue for me.
Actually, that would be my preference as well Hmm, maybe we should have a vote...

I think at this point it would not be wise to play with the Victory Conditions setup. Like v1.3, it's still in beta but it also involves a good deal of personal preference when it comes to choosing which version to play with. So it would be hard to find a version of the game that everyone is truly happy with. Besides, succession games hardly measure how hard something is as we won't be playing the best possible game anyway, with a relatively low difficulty level and (more importantly) human strategies changing every 10-20 turns. I think more bold choices for succession games would be interesting but that's IMHO something for the future.

All,
Boney has informed me that events in his personal life will prevent him from participating in the succession game until mid-April at the earliest. So we will simply have to start without him. I will send out the test games in a few hours, after I had a chance to test Cradle v1.3.
Old March 23, 2002, 19:30   #93
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Have any of you guys of team 2 received my test game? I sent out the file over 36 hours ago with the request to reply ASAP but I haven't heard from anyone but Dave yet...
Old March 24, 2002, 13:51   #94
yservel
Settler

Local Time: 20:51
I received your file. Sorry for the delay, I had some assignments to do...

I am going to install cradle 1.3
Old March 25, 2002, 07:27   #95
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Just a quick and obvious question - Craddle 1.3 that we are using for the next sucsession game is the Craddle 1.3 Beta option while in modswopper right?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old March 25, 2002, 08:54   #96
Locutus
Deity

yservel,
Thanks, that's good to know.

CoT,
Yes.
Old March 25, 2002, 18:31   #97
Agusta
Settler

Local Time: 15:51
"" Have any of you guys of team 2 received my test game? ""

Got it

I played it a few turns last night just to make sure it is OK.

All A - OK here !!!

Chuck
Old March 25, 2002, 19:05   #98
Locutus
Deity

Chuck,
Did you send the file on to Dave (hexagonian)? If not, please try to do so before Wednesday (from Wednesday onwards Dave will be on vacation), that way we can be absolutely sure that there are no problems between players either.

Agusta/yservel,
I'd still like to your your preferences for what nation to play with. If you could email/ICQ/PM/post your top 3, that would be much appreciated...
Old March 27, 2002, 06:44   #99
child of Thor
Emperor

2 days unable to get on aployton(more or less).
what's the latest news on the Craddle 1.3 sucsession game?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Old March 30, 2002, 18:49   #100
Locutus
Deity

It's taking a long time to set everything up for the second game. I still haven't heard from Badfuzzy yet, while I've both emailed and PM him in person (after sending out the test game). For now I'm assuming he's no longer game. I have one, possibly two replacements standing ready. One is Hermann the Lombard, another is someone who emailed me a while ago (noone you guys know, I think). In a moment I'll email both of them and ask them to join us. I want to get this game going ASAP now. One other issue is that yservel still didn't have Cradle v1.3 installed a few days ago, but I haven't heard from him since. For now I'm assuming he'll be okay (I can move him to the back of the order of play to give him more time if he needs it), but I would appreciate a status update from him.

Anyway, I hope to get this game going within 48 hours now, but that mostly depends on how much time the replacements need to respond and set up their game. I will email all players soon with a final order of play (which will depend on how much extra time yservel and the replacements need). Unless more people respond to my request to send in a top 3 of starting nations, we'll be playing with the Maya.
Old March 31, 2002, 16:27   #101
yservel
Settler

Hi I finally managed to install the cradle 1.3. I played a few turn, it seems to work.

I have got a problem with my e-mail (i can read it but i cant download attachment file and send emails for some reasons...)

In a nutshell, I am still alive...
Old April 3, 2002, 13:19   #102
Locutus
Deity

yservel,
Ok, thanks for the update.

Guys,
Sorry, I'm having the same problem some of you had a couple of days ago: I can't access Apolyton for some mysterious reason. This, combined with some email problems, made it impossible to set up the second game. I now found a way to access Apolyton anyway but it's quite a 'hacky' solution and VERY, VERY slow, so it'll still take me some more time to set things up. Matthew and Herman will be the replacements for Badfuzzy, Herman is ready to play and Matthew will be very soon as well. I hope to be able to get the game underway within 24 hours now (if no more problems arise and I can solve my email problems in time - which I expect I can).
Old April 5, 2002, 19:17   #103
child of Thor
Emperor

This is mainly for the guys starting/taking part in the VI sucsession game ' The Balam warriors of the wind'. Two links to sites that might be useful/interesting here
and another more serious one here
enjoy

Old April 9, 2002, 07:52   #104
child of Thor
Emperor

How do i add the little screen-shots to my write-ups in a succession game? And if it involves some piece of software/hardware i don't have is it possible to get around this buy sending my end-turn save game to someone? If it's too much of a hassel then never mind. If ever other/few turns a pic is posted as well that will be enough to give eveyone an idea of how things are looking

Old April 9, 2002, 07:55   #105
Locutus
Deity

Nice links, I added them to my collection...

This explains your display of intimate knowledge of Mayan mythology in the other thread
Old April 9, 2002, 07:57   #106
Locutus
Deity

Crosspost...

When inside the game, press the Print Screen button. Go to your favourite graphics editor (if all else fails MS Paint) and paste the captured picture in. (Didn't I explain this already? Or was that in private mail?)

Edit: found it, it was in the Empire of Ra thread:

Quote:
Assur,
All you need is Paint: Start->Program Files->Accessories->Paint. From inside the game, hit PrintScreen; Alt-Tab to Paint; Edit->Paste; File->Save. Send the BMP files you save to me (zip them if you want to keep the upload small - doesn't matter to me but if your ISP isn't happy with large uploads it will come in handy) and I'll convert them to JPG, resize and upload them...

Last edited by Locutus; April 9, 2002 at 08:03.
Old April 9, 2002, 08:16   #107
child of Thor
Emperor

i seem to remember some kind of conversation on this topic? Hmmm after reading some hefty Phd documents about the Mayan's(from those links), i think they may have scambled my brains a bit! As it was i found myself sitting in front of my computer to play my round, wearing a sheepskin(couldn't find a Jaguar anywhere) with paint daubed on my face and too much 'Metaxa' in my glass ,but thanks for telling me again......i think

EDIT: thanks for the edit!

Old April 9, 2002, 12:02   #108
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Local Time: 16:51
Quote:

Hmmm after reading some hefty Phd documents about the Mayan's(from those links), i think they may have scambled my brains a bit! As it was i found myself sitting in front of my computer to play my round, wearing a sheepskin(couldn't find a Jaguar anywhere) with paint daubed on my face and too much 'Metaxa' in my glass
I think you have a causality reversal there; I think the Metaxa came first! But I think I should lay in a supply of Del Dueno Riserva for use during my turns.
Old April 9, 2002, 13:22   #109
child of Thor
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard

I think you have a causality reversal there; I think the Metaxa came first! But I think I should lay in a supply of Del Dueno Riserva for use during my turns.
yeah that's it - i remember a glass of Metaxa, then all hell broke loose(Evil stuff), i although i don't think it helped that i tried to stay with 'tradition' and snorted it to help with my vision quest (dont try that one at home kids - its very stupid )