Old February 21, 2002, 12:54   #1
Moonsinger
Warlord

Local Time: 14:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Highest Score in CivIII
What is the current world record holder for the CivIII game at Deity level? 9000 points? I am just curious.

Moreover, does Firaxis offer any reward or free gift for the world record holder?
Old February 21, 2002, 13:06   #2
Minuteman
Warlord

Local Time: 20:52
Re: Highest Score in CivIII
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonsinger
What is the current world record holder for the CivIII game at Deity level? 9000 points? I am just curious.
Whew!! 9000 points? That may very well be, but I'll probably never know. I haven't been able to win one game on Diety. Has anyone else (without cheating)?

Quote:
Moreover, does Firaxis offer any reward or free gift for the world record holder?
Yeah, you get to have brunch with Sid Meier at his country club, which he designed personally with the Sim Golf game engine.
Old February 21, 2002, 13:36   #3
Moonsinger
Warlord

Re: Re: Highest Score in CivIII
Quote:
Originally posted by Minuteman
Whew!! 9000 points? That may very well be, but I'll probably never know. I haven't been able to win one game on Diety. Has anyone else (without cheating)?
There is a cheat in Civ3? How? I didn't know that it's possible to cheat. Anyway, I don't cheat. Victory is so hollow if I cheat. This is my first Deity game. I am only be able to play about two or three turns a day (I can play only about 2 hours each day). It's just too much works and not enough time to play! My last high score for a French Emperor was 6232 points (my save games at my website).
Old February 21, 2002, 13:58   #4
Aeson
Emperor

Over at CivFanatics they have a Hall of Fame scoreboard.

CivFanatics HOF

Before they disallowed tiny and small map submissions there were several 15-19k early conquest games. Right now the high score there is Zenon's 10850 Deity, but I know of a couple of 30k+ scores that will be included in the next HOF update. One game by SirPleb on Deity scored about 34k, and one I played on Emperor scored 37k. Those types of games just take forever to play, I'm sure that they will become more common once the game has been out longer.

The thread with the HOF games I mentioned
Old February 21, 2002, 14:44   #5
Moonsinger
Warlord

Aeson: Thanks for the link. I'm looking forward to beat those guys. I have always played on a large or huge map with max number of civs. Yes, it does take forever. Sometimes, it can take up to one hour per turn.