Old February 22, 2002, 16:34   #1
SK138
Warlord

Local Time: 15:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question about speed time goes in game
I was wondering if I could slow down the time in Civ3. I am finding it a little hard to actually having lengthy battles with modern units like the stealth and armors before game ends. Does anyone know a way I can slow it down so I can have all the techs needed to build these units and actually have good wars?
Old February 22, 2002, 17:13   #2
Moonsinger
Warlord

Local Time: 14:55
I never have that problem. (At the emperor or deity level on a large/huge map) I normally have stealth technology between 1600 & 1700 AD. Because the map is so huge and the AIs are cheating so badly, it has always been a big show down between me and the AIs at the end.

Btw, I think AI can also produce units at a much faster race than us.
Old February 22, 2002, 17:19   #3
Munroe
Civilization III Multiplayer
Settler

Local Time: 15:55
Lower the research rate in the editer so you can research much faster ... I did the opposite and turned the rate up so you research much much slower. So now the early ages would last longer because I found they always passed so fast I never got some nice long wars with the pre-gunpowder units...

Just goto the World Size tab in the civ3mod and lower the tech rate for each map. I believe that will work for you. However you might find yourself with alot of future tech by the end of the game
Old February 22, 2002, 17:20   #4
Seghillian
Settler

Local Time: 20:55
There's no way to change the flow of time as far as I know but you can use the editor to change the costs of the advances. That way you would get the modern tech long before the 2050 game end. Also if you look in the mods section, of this forum I think you might find mods which make the game pass more quickly and accelerate the research speed.
Old February 22, 2002, 17:27   #5
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 13:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Munroe

Just goto the World Size tab in the civ3mod and lower the tech rate for each map. I believe that will work for you. However you might find yourself with alot of future tech by the end of the game
You can also go to the General Settings area and increase the maximum turns per tech, or go to the advances area and increase the beaker cost of each tech.

BTW, Soren mentioned in another thread that they felt the techs were advancing to quickly.
Old February 22, 2002, 17:34   #6
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 20:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Willem
BTW, Soren mentioned in another thread that they felt the techs were advancing to quickly.
I'd say that really depends on the size of the map. I can't discover all techs before 1700 on a tiny map with 16civs but it's a piece of cake on a huge map.

Spec.