Old March 2, 2002, 13:40   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 21:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The List 4.0 for Civ IV
http://home.att.net/~civgames/ideas.html

Just a new place for you to post your ideas and grievances about Civ IV... I'll see what I can do about updating it

If you know of a thread where I can get some ideas: please post a transcript of it, or a link to it here... It doesn't matter which site you get it from.

Thank you

-DC
Old March 2, 2002, 13:42   #2
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Oh yes, and this was the FIRST List 4.0... I assembled it in Dec 2001 or such around that time, about a week after Civ III was released
Old March 2, 2002, 13:51   #3
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Just for the record, I don't appreciate it. BTW, I would really like to read a newer version of Apolyton the Book, taking in account the events up until 2002.
Old March 2, 2002, 13:57   #4
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 16:15
Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Just for the record, I don't appreciate it.
Huh... what don't you aprpreciate?

Quote:
BTW, I would really like to read a newer version of Apolyton the Book, taking in account the events up until 2002.
I agree... the book was a hit... but now...
UPDATE THE BOOK
UPDATE THE BOOK
UPDATE THE BOOK
UPDATE THE BOOK
UPDATE THE BOOK
UPDATE THE BOOK
Old March 2, 2002, 17:18   #5
DarkCloud
staff

It was that much of a hit?
Well- If I tried to update it from Aug 2001- It would be lacking a lot, since I haven't visited the OT extensively since then... I would need more submissions

I may even add Solver's alleged "Hebrew" nationality just for Civilization: CTP's sake
Old March 2, 2002, 17:20   #6
DarkCloud
staff

Thanks ming

Now- On topic- anyone have any ideas for Civ IV... If no one posts many ideas, I suppose I'll just do a quick update and post v. 1.1.0, then move on to Apolyton: The Book v. 2.5.0
Old March 4, 2002, 10:29   #7
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hey Ming, come on! Let's press on him together and get him to update the book again.

I really enjoyed looking there. And yes, I am and remain Hebrew, though it has nothing to do with CtP .
Old March 4, 2002, 21:38   #8
DarkCloud
staff

That's only what the leaders of your international conspiracy would WANT Us to think

Perhaps I'll update it... But I'll need material to do so- right now all I have are a few fixes including Solvers "nationality" and a mention of EVC allegedly hacking Wigalf's account.

As for other news, I know little
Old March 7, 2002, 03:39   #9
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

i suggest multiplayer for civ4

that and a scenario design tool.

Hey, these might seem like simple things, but they got left out of civ3, so i think its worthwhile mentioning
Old March 7, 2002, 08:12   #10
BucksRock
Settler

Have Sid design it.
Old March 8, 2002, 02:10   #11
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by BucksRock
Have Sid design it.
he desingned civ3, and look what we got

let Brian Reynolds design it
Old March 8, 2002, 03:49   #12
bigfree1

You've got to kidding, right?

They didn't get Civ 3 done, how in heck are they supposed to be think about/working on Civ 4? The game is a disapointment to me, FIX Civ 3 before anyone talks to me about paying MORE money for another one of Firaxis's games!

Old March 8, 2002, 05:00   #13
kailhun
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by bigfree1
You've got to kidding, right?

They didn't get Civ 3 done, how in heck are they supposed to be think about/working on Civ 4? The game is a disapointment to me, FIX Civ 3 before anyone talks to me about paying MORE money for another one of Firaxis's games!
But ...
- If you assume that Firaxis is not in the business of making good computer games, but is primarily focused on making money.[1]
- Then they would go for the option which makes them the most cash.
- You and perhaps 500 others who were disappointed in civ III won't but civ IV.
- But thousands will.
- A patch won't net you anything dosh (just more complaints).
- An expansion pack will net you green, but usually at about half the price a new game will.

So, Civ IV is the best option for Firaxis. Take Civ III, take the fan-feedback, put in the effort needed for an expansion pack, call the result Civ IV and sell it for full price.

If people will vote for Pimmetje, they'll buy Civ IV.[2]

Robert

[1] In which case they would be better of in the drug trade, I suspect.

[2] You won't get this unless you're Dutch. Don't worry about it, it just means there are many stupid people out there.
Old March 8, 2002, 08:04   #14
Flandrien
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers
King

Local Time: 22:15
Quote:
Originally posted by kailhun
So, Civ IV is the best option for Firaxis. Take Civ III, take the fan-feedback, put in the effort needed for an expansion pack, call the result Civ IV and sell it for full price.
That's how Microsoft sells windows, no ?
Old March 8, 2002, 08:12   #15
kailhun
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Maestro

That's how Microsoft sells windows, no ?
Indeed.
Why sell a thing only once? If you play your cards right, you can sell it again and again and again. Just stick a number after it.

Windows 95 -> 98 -> 2000
Rocky I -> II -> III

Gernally the thing doesn't get any better.
Although some say Empire Strikes Back is better than A New Hope. Me? I say ANH is a fraction better than ESB. I even like RotJ, even with the furballs. Jar Jar on the other hand was going too far.

Hm, a Star Wars mod with good graphics (set on a planet though): pods from a possible total of 16 spacefaring races crash on a planet and a civilisation develops, just as with normal civ. I'd pay money for that.

Robert