Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 2, 2002, 15:22   #1
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 17:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Vote for your two favorite abilities
I would have to say that I like them all, but by far I like industrious the most. I played my first three games with very different combos each time. First the Americans, then the Japanese, then the French. I really like the Military/Religious combo on small maps. I can beat emperor with the aztecs, because they can pump out temples and jaguar warriors extremely quickly. I also like the expansionist trait when coupled with an early UU like the Iroquois. You can hunt down the other civs and catch them.

I choose Militaristic/Industrious.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old March 3, 2002, 00:28   #2
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 22:15
Industrious and Religious - Because Industrious allows you to get that infrastructure down quickly and hopefully give you a few cities producing 7/8 or 5/6 shields (for 20 shield and 30 shield units), and will let you get a road to any nearby resource quicker. Religious is good if you want to beeline to monarchy, and it lets you get the basic culture improvement, temples, out quicker and cheaply. The 1 turn revolution is another great bonus. Plus Industrious/Religious gives you the war chariot too - very cheap horsemen, for the early rush they really kick ass
Old March 4, 2002, 08:41   #3
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 23:15
Quote:
Originally posted by DrFell
Industrious and Religious - Because Industrious allows you to get that infrastructure down quickly and hopefully give you a few cities producing 7/8 or 5/6 shields (for 20 shield and 30 shield units), and will let you get a road to any nearby resource quicker. Religious is good if you want to beeline to monarchy, and it lets you get the basic culture improvement, temples, out quicker and cheaply. The 1 turn revolution is another great bonus. Plus Industrious/Religious gives you the war chariot too - very cheap horsemen, for the early rush they really kick ass
My opinion also.

In fact,
I just can't play propely without Religion trait on Emperor level.
It's to much frustrating.

So I ALWAYS play Religious civs on Emperor+ level.

Industrious is good also.
Expansionistic on bigger maps, or together with Rligious (M. Warriors)

I never liked Commercial to much. Don't know why.

Scientific & Miltaristic are OK!
Old March 4, 2002, 11:25   #4
Blaupanzer
lifer
Emperor

Voted Industrious and Religious. However, I tend to choose one or the other as the Egyptian War Chariot UU triggers too early Golden Ages and has limited terrain abilities during a time when mountains and jungles are plentiful and unroaded.
Old March 4, 2002, 14:24   #5
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 22:15
Quote:
Originally posted by Blaupanzer
Voted Industrious and Religious. However, I tend to choose one or the other as the Egyptian War Chariot UU triggers too early Golden Ages and has limited terrain abilities during a time when mountains and jungles are plentiful and unroaded.
The GA is ideal as it comes at a time when you're switching from unit production to city improvements and it also helps you consolidate your new empire (conquered from AI).
Old March 7, 2002, 01:51   #6
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

39 voters, 81 votes. Some people can't count.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old March 7, 2002, 14:51   #7
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 21:15
religious and industrious. Pound for pound the two BEST abilities in my book.

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old March 7, 2002, 15:18   #8
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Looks like Religious/Industrious in a landslide. I really like scientific too (only with religious, which is the clear #1 for me), but if forced to choose, industrious beats it.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.