Old March 2, 2002, 15:59   #1
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 16:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Whole Map
I understand that it is not proper to download the game file and play it (and I am not interested in that). But is it possible to download the file just to examine the current situation (city actions, caravan trade goods, stacked units, etc)? It is difficult to respond to some polls without knowing the larger picture.

Or is that lack part of the point of this game (in which case it is perfectly OK)? Should a citizen (i.e., not an elected official) focus on the actions of a particular city or perhaps a specific function (like trade or military placement)?

Are we using the CivFanatics Democracy Game Rules? Or are there rules specific to this game?
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old March 2, 2002, 23:43   #2
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 15:15
Only the president and vice president actually have the game. All others, ministers included, need to use the screen shots in the update threads. Hopefully these will contain all you need to know...

We based our rules on the civfanatics site, but have ad hoc modified them to our own preferences. At base it is the same, tho.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old March 4, 2002, 09:29   #3
shade
King

Local Time: 22:15
I agree with cavebear,or at least for a part.
I know it is decided that only the president and vice have the game but take a look at the screenshots our empire is becomming quite large(surface) and it is almost impossible for me to get any orders.the maps that show me something usefull are to small(most of the time you almost see 1 city so I have no clue where it is) on the screens that show the entire empire I have no details.
I have no longer a idea of distances or where units are stationed.
Try to build a military strat on that.

I think the entire cabinet should get the game so they can each search for the specifics they need(this is something that will become impossible for the president the farther we get ingame).
Then it would also be possible for them to post the appropriate screenshot with the poll's they are making.

This way our president can still put up his 5-turn post of how things are going on a global scale and the cabinet members take care of the specific info the citizens need for a poll.

I know there is still the risk that one could continue playing==>immediate impeachement
we should trust the integrity of our cabinet.

Shade
slightly down because he has no clue what is going on in our empire
Old March 4, 2002, 22:31   #4
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 16:15
FWIW, I totally agree with Cavebear and Shade. i feel like I'm voting in the dark on most issues. it would be nice to know that the ministers at least have enough clue to ask intelligent poll questions.

Also - any chance that the subject line of polls could contain the post-time so that those of us who do this at work don't waste too much time waiting for closed polls to download?

It's only my $0.02 but what the heck, it's a democracy...

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old March 5, 2002, 11:35   #5
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 15:15
Screenshots should be enough - IF they are frequently updated and PMs are sent to the ministers...

However, in our imperfect world, this just might not work too well. I'm okay with ministers having the game, as long as they don't play ahead. Or at least don't get caught...

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old March 5, 2002, 11:54   #6
shade
King

Local Time: 22:15
I know it might not be a good idea to make it open for every-one but I think the cabinet should have it(unless we would decide to go OCC then screenshots are enough but our empire grows large and it's getting hard to do any decent military proposals or strategies.)

Shade