Old March 7, 2002, 22:45   #61
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Megalomania at it's apex...
I agree with Sprayber,

It does seem like everyone is "choosing sides" in the war. Sovereign has already discussed with me his viewpoint and I support it.

Just to make it clear, the galaxy is huge-mongous. Just because the Hive Empire and the Spartan Federation have totally opposing views does not mean that authors must take a side. In fact, neutral governments would make the story more realistic!
But for myself, it seems like the Hive and Sparta are the two major conflicts that will arise shortly. By "major" I mean galaxy-spanning conflict...but to respect Spray, I'll postpone our little "disagreement".

History-I don't think you stole the "Recon Rick" story! I think you've encorporated aspects of the game quite nicely. I also have been trying to insert aspects of the game as well..I.E.)Thought Control and my message to Sovereign (I now style myself...blah,blah,blah). Good job! I agree that letting readers have a glimpse of our societies lifestyle would be a refreshing change.

Sovereign-Let's discuss your ships further.....

To everyone, keep up da good work! And sorry for my little "writers bloc" I experienced as of late!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2002, 23:30   #62
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 17:16
Frankychan
Quote:
"One bamboo pole by itself is strong but can be broken. Hundreds tied together, however, are unbreakable. Like the hundreds tied together, that is the power of the Human Hive."

-Chairman Yang

What rhetorical nonsense!
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 07:13   #63
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 16:16
This will probably be my last post till April.

Franky. Do you think that all those Hive warships just might be noticed so close to Spartan borders? And don't be surprised to find out that the Sparta had the foresight to send undercover agents to the Cadre. I mean if we have people on Calisto
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 09:43   #64
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
LMP, what should we do about Gaians and Peacekeepers? There aren't any writers for them right now, and it will only get more complicated for them as we weave more webs of plots, battles, relations, etc. I know you guys gave me a chance to jump in to play the University and I really appreciate it. I don't mind other people jumping in, but I'm trying to put things in perpsective... Remember how hard it was for me to get started? Maybe the new writers wouldn't be as patient or eager as I to hammer out stuff. Just my two cents on this, thats all.
Don't worry about them, just try not to get them involved thought. The Peacekeepers is one of the biggest powers in Human Space, yet surprisingly quiet and not intefering in the past decade. They are keeping to themselves, but they watching what is going on outside of PK space... besides, don't think other factions will be interested in getting them on their backs again, lol As for the Gaians, they are generally quiet and keep to themselves. As long as you leave them alone, then won't cause trouble.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 10:02   #65
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
You are representing the TA as some invincible force that is ready to battle anyone it likes and that if anyone goes against its will, their resistance will be crushed. Is this the way governments or organisations with vast proportions such as this are meant to work in the future you prophesise? Anyways, we fought for independence from some outsider force who will command us what to do. We now see that an utopian TA is just an illusion and will look forward to slipping out of the alliance once our defences and infrastructure is repaired.
Do realize that TA will be in war mode, and makes quite some sense for them to b cautious. Once peace time happens again, the members can have whatever relations... which some minor restrictions to prevent crazy members like InEn to get themselves in war and drag TA into it It is not the will of just one, but the will of different members. Slipping out of the Alliance will make it harder o Titan as well, since they are located in the Home system of TA!!! I am sure other factions wouldn't allow independents running around doing their own thing within their Territory, which can conflict. TAF won't be policing, just keeping an eye just because of Titan's relations to the Morganites and they just joined the Alliance as well. TAF presense in the Saturn area is for Defence, not to restrict Titan... as it is War!!! Sure, depends on ones views...but Maria should must realize

Quote:
So yes Maria does consider this "alliance" just an object to use to stop Earthers attemping to retake Titan and Rhea plus because of the bigger trade income from the rest of the members. But really Maria despises anything even remotelly connected to Earth and it's domination throughout the Sol system. Now, just because she has similar plans for her little kingdom...
TA HQ and the Council is located on Earth, but doesn't mean TA is runned by Earth If Titan as a problem, they could always petition to move the HQ elsewhere....and doubt it will succeed, especially if it suggests to have the HQ on Titan What i mean by being tighter is, TA in general won't allow members to stupidly squabble among themselves when their is outside threats. TA was created because of the Chironians presense and growth throughout the stars after all And i am sure Titan will side with the TAF when the TAF-EC sparks, no? ;p

-LMP
Old March 8, 2002, 10:28   #66
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
If the TA officially declares war on Morgan, then the Spartans will declare war and quickly mount action against the TA. Most likely they would move against outlaying Terran assets. Wouldn't directly Sol right off the bat.
Which it is to be expected.... but realize, TA is declaring war in retaliation, same thing the Spartans would do in their place TA won't lose any systems to the Spartans, as there is big enough force defending Ross and Wolf 359 and reinforcements could easily be sent. Another thing, TA won't officially declare war until the Spartans does attack a TA system That way, the Spartans will be the Aggressors, not TA... which will discourage any thought of seperating from TA. TAF will be fighting in various fronts and forms you know. I just like when people has completly, almost different views from mines on how i see TA TA isn't tyranical

Quote:
Sparta will support any and all organizations seeking to break from the TA. And will in fact encourage it. (Terrans are not invulrable to this. )
I know that, but it will be hard. TA will counter any foreign propaganda by saying the truth and stating valid facts. Along with the definition of Propaganda and make people aware what it is, and that TA won't bother wasting resources on their own people and members. Of course, doesn't stop the members themselves to do propaganda on their own people TA as to many benifits and the members won't last long by themselves among the bigger factions in Human Space. I am just saying...
TAF will also be spy hunting as well during the war...which they are aware of many, most of them not sure where they are from, but know they are spies not of Sol TA

Quote:
One suggestion to all. There seems to be a push to create grand alliances. But for most factions, it doesn't have to be a matter of directly choosing sides. The Spartans have put themselves in a position that they absolutly defend the Morganites and the Drones. This should be common knowledge and your leaders should be thinking about this. For factions like the University, Believers and independt factions this course of action is very risky. I understand that it may be more exciting to be in a war with someone. But it isn't neccessary. The US isn't in an official war at the moment, but there are plenty of "exciting" (really poor words i know) things going on.
Yes, just like how US can bring down a country by force without declaring war on them Political and DIplomatic games...which TA willbe using a lot themselves. TA is alliance of various factions located in the same system, each only a fraction from the big star spanning Chiron Factions, even for the smaller ones like University, Believers and Gaians. Anyway, will be overlly silly to have big Alliance blocs... doesn't make sense. Each player/faction as their own views and each have ideas as to what should happen, and tries to achieve, only to end up being changed due to other players actions..... There is no script people, the story is made up as we go along. lately, I have stated what TA will be doing in the short term and discussing ideas with kass about whats will happen internally, which shouldn't bother others to much.... pretty much on kass, cyber and I playing the terran factions and TA.... yes cyber, since your faction is under TA, you do have input on what will happen with TA

-LMP
Old March 8, 2002, 10:28   #67
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 15:16
Um, Lord MP, could you please check your PMs?
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 10:35   #68
Mellian
Queen

As for things going on by fast, I know and slightly annoying.... things could happen in weeks, but all in a few days? impossible if you take the max FTL speeds seriously, and their where you can jump in limits. Surprising no ship FTL into another ship or a planet/moon/whatever by now, FTL in and out of the Jupiter area like that or in other cases. I say we get into 2701 now.

I expect big space battles to last more then a few hours too people unless your fighting a Fraal ship.

-LMP
Old March 8, 2002, 10:38   #69
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Um, Lord MP, could you please check your PMs?
sure, after i finish reading and replying here

-LMP
Old March 8, 2002, 18:13   #70
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Kass-- Good post. I was working on a new post attempting to capture the sort of stunned reaction after war that soldiers feel, but I think you did it very well. I loved seeing the two back. I like sticking recurring minor characters into the story periodically as you have probably noticed.
Thanks. I myself enjoyed your little "Recon Rover Rick" installment.
It'll be a most adventorous journey for our two friends.
Old March 8, 2002, 20:04   #71
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Franky-- Liked your last post, especially the bit about Kang's memories...but I have a question composed of a single word...

Bloodrats??

I want one!!

Kass-- Thanks. I must confess I look forward to the further adventures of a certain two-some.
Old March 8, 2002, 21:05   #72
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Kass-- Thanks. I must confess I look forward to the further adventures of a certain two-some.
Well see. There might be delays, you see -
*shakes involuntarily*
I just asked a classmate of mine, a very striking and intelligent female being, out. Well, via email, but still...
Old March 8, 2002, 21:12   #73
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
This will probably be my last post till April.

Franky. Do you think that all those Hive warships just might be noticed so close to Spartan borders? And don't be surprised to find out that the Sparta had the foresight to send undercover agents to the Cadre. I mean if we have people on Calisto
Have a good one Sprayber

As for our ships...we already have the Hive Second Fleet stationed just inside Hive space...check out my earlier posts. I haven't been able to post much about Admiral Brakus because of all the events going on elsewhere.

The fleet we are assembling is deep within Hive space...so no one will be able to see what we are doing...but the Spartans probably would be able to detect our Second Fleet.

Lonestar- you don't like my metaphor? I had to make that one up by myself...and I think it resembles the Hive well.

History- Thanks...just trying to give my main characters a little more substance. *scratches chin*hmmm, maybe I will make a Hive propaganda program...

Oh before I forget Lonestar- we really should discuss future events between our two governments.

Kass- GO GET 'EM! Yeehaw!
Old March 8, 2002, 21:29   #74
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Kass- GO GET 'EM! Yeehaw!
Yeah. No sleep for me tonight, though.
Old March 9, 2002, 01:39   #75
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 07:16
Another day, another tongue-in-cheek location entry for me (I'd be surprised if anyone here knows where Jamuraa is or that it actually has many princes), but little writing finished. I added a paragraph to my (unrelated to Apolyton) novel embryo, does that count?

The purpose of this otherwise irrelevant post is to say that I may not be posting stories for a little while since school has started and all is chaos. So until then you can all dream of things to come (yeah right!).
Old March 9, 2002, 12:19   #76
History Guy
King

Kass-- Good to hear. *leaning over to someone else* Some guys get all the luck!

Franky-- Yeah, but he'll have to be 'X Chaos Squad Leader Zhu' or something, knowing the Hive.

Mr. Prez-- Jamuraa...actually the name is familiar...was there a British colony there at one point?

Anyway, I'm wondering what I should write up now. Any suggestions? I was kinda thinking of asking the Pirate Clan known as the Novans if they'd like to be paid to protect some space stations near the Sol area. I'm not sure what to do concerning the Saturn Kingdom as Cybergod hasn't elaborated on his ideas concerning my diplomats there.
Old March 9, 2002, 12:22   #77
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Kass-- Good to hear. *leaning over to someone else* Some guys get all the luck!
Only prob seems to be, she doesn't seem to check her mail that often.

I was supposed to make an addition to my page, but the server is b1tching it out and my FTP program won't make the connection. I am implementing a couple of new characters, heads of Intelligence Service to be exact.
Old March 9, 2002, 15:45   #78
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 22:16
Quote:
I'm not sure what to do concerning the Saturn Kingdom as Cybergod hasn't elaborated on his ideas concerning my diplomats there.
Oh sorry! Here it is...

I think that they should stay the ambassadors but maybe for a neutral client (whoops - faction), but since there isn't one I can think of (that has made contact or that we'd be willing to allow ), I guess they could be marrooned there for the duration of the war (serving not much function).

About Sym...

Do you realise that we have a multi-functional AI running all Titan colonies? She... it () will find out about him sooner or later so we'll offer our fellow Sym a deal - he will meet with our security man Myodin who will be offered deal to trade techs between us and Morgan Interstellar, by us disclosing deeply encrypted data on Biotechnology for some Industrial/Computer technology (don't worry - he'll be payed for the job), or be covertly exterminated (since when you kill a probe team by a probe team in SMAC causes no Diplo strain.

In the post, I shall ask the people of Aztec, Maya and Inca (please - any other name?) to hold a democratic referendum on whether to join the Kingdom of Saturn. We'll also send a diplo message to President Tremaine.

Is that OK?
Old March 9, 2002, 16:44   #79
History Guy
King

Well...now that I've molded him for Franky I'm not too sure I want to kill him off right away...

Silence...good post!
Old March 9, 2002, 17:54   #80
Frankychan
King

Ok Lonestar,

I think tension is starting to build now between the GHE and the Protectorate. In an upcoming post, Yang will send a rebuke to Lord Ian's message that will be very condescending. (hope I spelled that right!).

History,

Thanks for not killing off Sym so soon! I'm starting to like him alot.
Old March 9, 2002, 18:59   #81
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
The name is familiar...was there a British colony there at one point?
Actually, you're probably right; there're a lot of names like that in India, but that wasn't where I first heard the word. Wizards of the Coast may have "borrowed" the name for Magic: The Gathering. I just found out that almost all the characters from my favorite cardset, Legends, are named after the creators' Dungeons and Dragons avatars. Very disturbing!
Old March 9, 2002, 21:25   #82
Sovereign
Prince

Hey guys!

I have been thinking about maybe one interesting sub-plotline for the UCS...

Here's my plotline... The Aritifical Lifeform Riots (ALR) from 2578-2626 led to the rise of an organization called the Yevan which are comprised soley of artifical lifeforms. Most of the rioting were done by hard-line Yevanic artifical lifeforms who had developed hatred for organic lifeforms, after some brutual mistreatment at the mining systems of Zak Prime. They wanted to get rid of the humans and establish a full robotic colony or faction. Government by the robots, for the robots, and are the robots. They engaged in several terrorist attacks aganist human settlements and human targets. In light of these attacks, Provost Randius declared AI and robots are equal to humans and then establish the Lifeform Egalitarian Act (LEA) in 2626.

The robots finally settled down, accepting the LEA. Through the actions of several human and robotic heroes during the ALR period led both sides to believe that each other are capable of fairness and equal treatment. Some heroics include humans sacrificing themselves to save several innocent robots from certain destruction, and vice versa in the volatile mining regions in Zak, independent of Yevan operation and sphere of influence, and the Meteoric Destruction on Nova VII where a giant meteor shower destroyed several major colony cities. The populace was saved through robots and humans working together. This led to increasing respect for each side from the other side. The rest is history.

The Yevan disappeared, and no one knows where the group went or escaped to. Some speculate that it stole a ship and led off to colonize a remote planet. Yet others speculate that they perished when an asteroid hit another one that was supposed to house their base of operations. By 2654, new evidence appeared that the terrorist robots had in fact escaped, due to minimal robotic parts and "corpses" when miners finally discovered the Yevan main asteroid base.

Yet, by 2700, UCS still doesn't know where the Yevan terrorist organization fled to. However, this is where I introduce the sub-plot. The Yevan will come back for revenge, and try to throw a wrench in UCS plans like the Promethus secret project and the Sentient Hunter Seeker Algorithm project.

LMP, your idea of malfunctions and quirks to the Promethus could be the doings of this Yevan organization, and also I will work up towards a climax with loyal UCS AI's and robots fighting the Yevan ones. It would be interesting, to see a "Good vs Evil" struggle between cold and logical robots rather than emotional humans.

I'd like to introduce a new element, because humans eventually will "play God" and create lifeforms that may support or may not support the humans. Also I'd like to provide a new perspective and style of "Good vs Evil"... Tell me, how many non-human "Good vs Evil" stories or sub-plots have you guys ever seen? And what about "Good vs Evil" plots about artifical lifeforms? I don't want to portay them as the universal Human killers, Human haters, Slaves, etc.I would like to give a new dimension and new levels of integrity to artifical lifeforms.

What do you guys think of my plot idea???
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2002, 22:27   #83
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 21:16
Well I was thinking of having the Hammer of God strike down on your systems kill millions of people and then FTL back to their hidy hole and have the Conclave get blamed for it.

So what do you say open up the Universty Believer war again?
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2002, 07:01   #84
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 22:16
Quote:
Well...now that I've molded him for Franky I'm not too sure I want to kill him off right away...
I wasn't thinking of killing him (ooh a nasty word) but offering him to do a job for me in return to allow him to operate from Titan. I just hope TA doesn't find out...
Old March 10, 2002, 21:19   #85
History Guy
King

TA wouldn't mind, Cyber, as Sym is, after all, a traitor to Morgan. If the Morganites find out about Sym's activities, my friend Mr. Ku will be sure to have one of his men stationed on Titan to make Mr. Sym disappear. In fact, I was thinking of doing a post much later where Ku personally goes after Sym after Sym does in a Morganite operative.

Anyway, do what you will, but remember, if the Morganite diplomats get wind of it, Mr. Sym is doooooooomed! Doomed! Doomed ya hear? Hahahahahahahahaha!

Franky, you are beginning to like Mr. Sym??? What have I done?? I've tried every way I could to make this guy look bad, in fact in descriptions I'll have the mark of Cain on his forehead...and still you like the guy!

Anyway, to Lord MP, please tell me how I should go about contacting the Novans for the proposition I have in mind for them?

Anybody have any ideas for what I should do to develope some plot or anything? Struck a membrane reef here as to what I should write...I have a bunch of ideas, but it's too early in the story for them! I think I'll be doing some light posts for a while...or at least ones concerning Titan...until the Terrans declare war.
Old March 11, 2002, 12:23   #86
Sprayber
Emperor

Greetings From Beautiful And Intoxicating Germany
Hello all. Just had a few minutes at a computer to say hello. Between all the flight delays, long ocean crossing(thank god of alochol sales on planes) and a very long night of riding, I almost forgot that I would have sporadic internet use.

Don't expect too much posting, I have lots of beer to drink, people to see and places to go. And oh yeah, lots of actual work too.

Keep up the good work and try not to do anything that you will cause the mighty Spartan Federation to come down upon your little governments
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2002, 14:10   #87
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Friends,

I've had a very hard day, probably the worst since the day I was taken away from the warmth of my mother's womb.
Getting rejected by the girl of my dreams and losing my best friend are things I hope I will never have to take on a single day.
I feel very depressed at times, and hope it happens only from time to time. Writing to BAC feels difficult at times.
I did, but do not anymore have suicidal thoughts. I am going to concentrate on my studies, and I want to somewhat isolate myself from this world; that is, do a spiritual suicide and be born again in an entire new world, summoned up by a novel (or, maybe some day a series of novels) I am going to continue to write. Or well, start again from scratch, but still, with an idea I have dreamt of for a couple of years now.

However, the Coalition is facing times of trial, and I do think that Elise should not be left alone at a time like this. So I think I'll at least try to steer clear of this crisis; fortunately, I can always decide to appoint Mellian to continue for the EC, as he is aware of the plans that are set for her. But I am not doing such a decision yet, I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

- Kass

PS. Sprayber, you Dumkopf, the number one thing not to do on a holiday is posting here...
Old March 11, 2002, 17:48   #88
Mr. President
Emperor

Kass, I'm so sorry to hear that. Take all the time you need. It may be hard to see now, but the dawn will come again, brighter than before. The only thing we can do, I suppose, in such situations, is try and bounce back as best we can. Take care.
Old March 11, 2002, 19:28   #89
History Guy
King

Kassiopeia--

I'm very sorry to hear it, old man. I must say though, having lost both a best friend and being rejected and all that in my relatively short time on earth, I can actually be honest when I say I know how you feel.

Anyway, I hope you don't drop out of BAC, as you are a gifted writer.

I'll pray for you, mate.
Old March 11, 2002, 23:01   #90
Frankychan
King

Kass-Hey, you take it easy.

Do what you gotta do and just remember this one saying that my friends told me when I got "burned" by my girl.

"Dude, there's plenty of girls out there. You might think that she's the 'one' but I'll tell you this Franky, all of 'em are a learning experience until you actually meet the 'One'. Good, bad, rejected or accepted, everything that you experience with each girl no matter how extreme or how insignificant, will help you out in the long run."

Take care dude.