Old March 8, 2002, 00:44   #1
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 16:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What would have been cool....
Now, I dont want this thread breaking out into what I think will eventually happen, but i was just thinking while i was at war with India...

Wouldn't it be cool, if a nation is completely losing in a war, and the leader looks sad in the diplomat screen? I mean, If I have completely embarrased Lincoln, wouldn't it be more real if He looked sorrowed cuz his nation has been humilliated at war, instead of just mad?

I mean, nations aren't ALWAYS furious about losing a war, sometimes they are quite sorry for starting something bad, ala Germany post ww2.

Now, reply to my idea i guess, come out with your own "Wouldn't it be cool's". But please none of the "Wouldn't MP have been cool" posts... its been heard enough, this is just for ideas that havent been heard yet, or haven't been heard publically atleast.
Old March 8, 2002, 11:26   #2
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 17:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Wouldn't if be cool if...

Religious civs had major problems switching to Communism.

Militaristic civs suffered from reduced (1/2) war weariness.

Militaristic civs suffered from a wave of unhappiness if you cave into a demand.

Commercial cives got a small (5-10%) discount on trade deals.

Manhattan project was a small wonder.

The Sistine Chapel expired once Theory of Evolution was built.

Civs could, under extreme duress, surrender and become a vassal state (kinda like SMAC).

The UN did something other than ending the game.

Some AI's built up differently than others (militarists would be like the AI is now, building tons of units and picking fights, whereas a scientific civs would concentrate on research, and not quite so many units). Some personality, in other words.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.