Old December 24, 2002, 06:18   #91
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 06:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
"A lucky few reached the trench, but were quickly bayoneted to death."

If this is what it means to be lucky I hope I'm very unlucky! Dude, why do you say I'm bad if I want a good slaughter? You write about a good slaughter so does that mean you are bad?

Anyways, I better stop faning the flames of anger or we'll end up with Mellian in here flaming away again.

Please continue with the invasion dude. Are the Americans gonna get reinforced soon? They need some tanks, and I'd like to see some jap tanks too.
Old December 24, 2002, 11:26   #92
Easthaven I
Prince

Local Time: 15:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Lol, dude, I was just kidding about the bad thing. Everybody knows we're a couple of ghandi's. Tanks are in the next section, patience, man, patience...

Thanks Chrisius, I didn't know changing direction like that was such a good thing.

ALso, if you guys don't remember, Jamison was mentioned earlier.
Old December 25, 2002, 22:21   #93
Easthaven I
Prince

Battle of Sutsuma
Stranded Salvation

PFC Jamison was in an old 3 story building, about two blocks from the Government building. He was sitting, with his back against the wall, on the 3rd floor…eating an MRE. He was exhausted from running, shooting, and fighting. He had no ammo left neither in his rifle nor his Colt 1911. His bayonet was broken and all he had left was a K-Bar knife holstered upside down on his left shoulder. His right shoulder stopped bleeding, probably from being plugged up by so much dirt and soot. Adrenaline still pumped profusely in his system, and the sounds of battle could still be heard outside, as if it was happening further away. He finally finished eating and found the strength to stand. He walked to the window and looked out onto the battlefield.

Houses were in rubble, and the houses that were still standing were on the verge of becoming rubble. Craters and dead men littered the ground and still bombs pounded the earth nonstop. He saw Japanese soldiers flood the area, moving their way towards the government building. He could see the structure quite clearly from his vantagepoint, but still was but a shadow in the greater darkness of night.

An hour ago the last signal was given, for the retreat into the government building which was codenamed ‘The Citadel’. PFC Jamison ran as fast he could throughout the turmoil with nothin but an empty rifle and a broken bayonet to show for it. He was but a couple of blocks away. So close yet so far. He knew he could never reach it now, not without a rifle…

To be continued…
To come…THE CITADEL.
Old December 25, 2002, 22:41   #94
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG irich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 22:35
Looking forward to the Citadel
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 27, 2002, 22:23   #95
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Local Time: 21:35
Great stuff! Keep it coming! Yeah, I can remember Jamison. Glad you've brought him back into the story.
Old December 28, 2002, 01:11   #96
Easthaven I
Prince

Stranded in Sutsuma
Bloody encounter

PFC Jamison silently crept down the stairs, his empty rifle slung over his back, and his K-Bar in his hand. As He reached the bottom floor he heard the sound of metal on metal. He froze like a solid statue. A bead of sweat rolled down his cheek as his ears strained to listen to any unnatural noises.

Clank!

There it was again. Then he heard a voice, a whisper. His beating heart relaxed as he recognized the americanized twang in it. He entered the nearby room where he concluded the origin of the sounds.

There below the window, lay a soldier. Staff Sergeant Clayton. Jamison remembered him clearly, they both attended jump school together at Ft. Bragg. SSGT Clayton was shivering, and his clothes were soaked in blood, blood dripped from his mouth as he stared blankly at the ceiling. Corporal Enders was crouched beside him, holding his hand tight. Whispering words of comfort to his platoon Sergeant. Two other men were in the room, Jamison recognized them, too. Private Jenkins and Private Gonzales.

He stood in the doorway for a few seconds, observing the stranded group before any even noticed his presence. Staff Sergeant Clayton was the first to notice.

“Hey there, Billy. *Cough* *Cough*” Blood splattered from his mouth onto his uniform. “Good to see you alive.”

The others looked over to Billy Jamison. At first they were surprised and somewhat startled, but quickly relaxed when they realized there was no threat. PFC Jamison shut the door behind him as he went over to sit on an old wooden chair, next to the wounded Staff Sergeant.

“Sergeant, you doin ok?” Jamison asked Clayton.

“Sure I am, Billy. Just restin alittle before we go out for another hunt.” He said as he coughed up again.

Jamison looked over to the Corporal…the Corporal shook his head slowly and a look of despair overtook the man’s face.

“So is this all that is here?” Jamison asked no one in particular.

“Nope. Private Kimmons is out searching a clear way to get to the Citadel. There’s four more of us standing guard.” Private Jenkins said as he garbled up a can of beef and then tossed it away.

PFC Jamison was glad to hear that his buddy Kimmons was alive and well, and that he would see him again…hopefully.

“Well they’re not doing such a swell job standing guard. I came in here undisturbed.” Jamison informed the others.

“I’m sure they saw you.” Jenkins replied simply. Not feeling like partaking in any conversation.

They sat quietly for a long while, just waiting. Waiting for nothing…or maybe waiting for death.

Then PVT Kimmons entered the room, an M60 machine gun in hand.

“I think I found the least congested area where we can ease our way to the Citadel…Hey! Jamison! Glad to see you ok, man.” He walked towards his old friend.

“You too, bro!” Jamison stood up and shook Kimmon’s hand and then hugged him somewhat roughly.

Jamison went back to the Staff Sergeant. Kimmons went to the other Privates to bum off some MRE’s.

“So who are the other four?” Jamison asked.

“There’s Private Kemp, Private Calvin, Private Mendez and Sergeant Kyles.” Kimmons replied as he numbered them off on his fingers. He then gulped down some other can of food. Probably tuna.

“You guys got any ammo?” Jamison held up his M4.

“Yes sirree, rig-----“ ta-ta-ta-ta-ta

Bullet holes appeared in the walls and ran down all the way to the door. Dust fell from the ceiling. Everybody in the room dove to the ground for cover. Then they heard a call from the hallway.

“Its japs! Get the hell outta here!” More gunfire erupted.

Corporal Enders stood as he helped SSGT Clayton up to his feet.

“GO GO GO!” He yelled to the other four. Pvt.’s Jenkins and Gonzales were the first out, then it was Kimmons and Jamison. They turned right towards the back. SSGT Clayton with his arm around Corporal Enders were the last out of the room. The Gunfire splintered wood as bullets skimmed off the walls. Jamsion looked back and over the shoulders of the Corporal and Sergeant he could see SGT Kyles and Pvt Calvin firing in the opposite direction at an unseen foe. Then a grenade blast took them both out. Jamison kept running down the hall towards the back door. It was but 25 feet away. Pvt Jenkins was the first to pass through to the outside, closely followed by Gonzales.

Jamison looked back again and saw Corporal Enders and SSGT Clayton working their way towards them. He finally reached the door and waited for the last two to arrive. Then he saw a bullet hole explode out of Clayton’s good leg and he collapsed in pain. Corporal Enders then picked him up over his neck, and began slowly carrying him towards the back door, where the others were. They cheered them on, yelling for Enders to hurry. Then a bullet hole erupted out of Enders’ chest, but it neither stopped nor slowed him down. Then another hole appeared as blood splurged out. Then four more. Blood trickled down his chin as it gushed out of his mouth. His eyes became bland…then blank. He fell forward two feet from the back door launching SSGT Clayton at the doorway. The SSGT sat up, struggling to his feet. Jamison looked over his shoulder and saw Japanese soldiers rushing towards them from down the hall. They fired. SSGT Clayton was directly in front of Jamison. Jamison reached over to pull him out but then several bullets crashed through the young platoon sergeant. He began to fall forward, then the top right of his head exploded and brain bits and skull fragments splashed onto Jamisons soot covered face. Clayton fell in his arms and Jamison pulled him out. Kimmons slammed the door shut. Bullets pounded through the door.

“Lets GO!” He yelled at Jamison, the others had already began running off for cover.

Jamison didn’t move, he was entranced.

“Damnit! Billy! Get the fu*k up!” Kimmons grabbed Jamison’s arm and began dragging him. Jamison snapped to, and began stumbling after. Then he stopped.

“Wait!” He ran over back to the dead SSGT and grabbed Clayton’s rifle. Just as another round of bullets blasted through the door. Jamison blocked his face from the wood fragments and began running after Kimmons. They ran to a ruined two-story building 15 yards away, and they ducked behind some rubble. Guns pointed towards their former hideout’s back door. They waited…

Then the door slammed open and three Japanese soldiers jumped out followed by two more.

Jamison and the others opened fire. At such close range it seemed most bullets hit their targets. The Japanese men were hit with dozens of 5.56’s. They fell in a pile. Four other Japanese men, unable to stop their momentum fell into the killing zone, and four more were added to the pile. A gun peeked out from the door way and opened fire blindly over the heads of the Americans.

“Give me a nade.” Jamison asked Kimmons.

Kimmons unstrapped a grenade, then he pulled the pin and tossed it to Jamison. Jamison pulled back like a major league pitcher and hurled it directly into the doorway. Two seconds later…BOOM!. Fragments and dust came from the opening. A few cries came from the explosion as well, then silence. They turned away from the building and leaned against the wall of rubble as they tried to catch their breath. They tried not to remember their friends dieing but the effort was futile.

“Ok, Kimmons. Lead the way.” PFC Jamison said as he panted.

“Alright, buddy. Lets hit it, guys.” In a crouched position he began making his way through the rubble, followed by the others. They halted at intersections, and gave cover to one another as one by one they ran across the street. Soon they were but 50 yards from the Citadel. They peeked around the corner of a white bullet-holed building and they could see the defenses and the Citadel itself, and every now and then they saw an American helmet pop up from one of the windows.

“We’re here, fellas.” Jamison said as he stared at the elevated building. “Home sweet home.”

To be continued…

========

OOC: Thanks for the continued feedback, bros. I really do appreciate it.
Old December 28, 2002, 15:37   #97
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG irich tuireann
Emperor

Another great piece of dramatic action East

Youre the man!!
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 28, 2002, 17:28   #98
Easthaven I
Prince

Heh. Thank you...thank you very much.
Old December 28, 2002, 20:15   #99
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Great stuff! Keep it coming!
Old March 24, 2003, 03:02   #100
Easthaven I
Prince

Time for a resurrection....
Old April 6, 2003, 16:08   #101
Sparkle
Chieftain

I cant see the beginning of the story, posted by id "easthaven"... it tells me that this person is on my ignore list, although my ignore list is empty and I never put anyone into it... so what does that mean? A system bug?
Old April 19, 2003, 01:52   #102
Easthaven I
Prince

Hey. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I've been real busy and haven't been on Apolyton for quite a while. I hope you're still there. Anyways, where it says "to view this post click [here]." Well click on the '[here]'. It tells me id easthaven is on my ignore list too. I hope you're still there and want to read my story, I'm planning on continueing it.
Old April 19, 2003, 06:54   #103
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Oh goody goody well be waiting with baited breath.
Old April 20, 2003, 04:13   #104
Easthaven I
Prince

Heh. Loyal Chrisius, good to hear from you again! Long time no see. Anyways, the Land of Darkness will be recieving an update before this one. But as always, thanks for always reading.

BTW now that I have returned, I will be looking for another one of your stories, bro. So crack those knuckles and get to work. Yours always have a definate path and ending. I can never reach one with either of my stories, maybe that's why people lose interest with mine, except for you of course. Anyhoo, good to see ya again.

(BTW, it looks kind of dead lately...)
Old May 6, 2003, 21:20   #105
Paulypav
Warlord

Excellent Stuff, Hope you decide to resurrect this story again sometime soon.
Old May 7, 2003, 01:41   #106
Easthaven I
Prince

I've actually been working on an installment but I have writer's block for this story. I need to watch a war movie or something to get in the mood of modern warfare. I'm still stuck with ancient battlefields and such...

Thanks for the feedback!
Old July 14, 2003, 21:56   #107
Easthaven I
Prince

The Citadel

PFC Jamison huddled behind the white bullet-holed building. He tapped the soldier behind him and he then sprinted to a pile of rubble 20 yards away. The next soldier tapped the one after him and sprinted to the same rubble and fell beside Jamison.

Jamison squinted towards the Citadel searching for one of his own. He looked to his side, and Gonzales was there staring back, panting quietlyhis face soot-covered.

Ok bro, seems pretty quiet. Im gonna make a run up the hill and to the trench. Be sure no japs hit my ass, eh? Whispered PFC Jamison. Gonzales nodded.

Jamison got up and sprinted forward. All of a sudden bullets began ripping at his feet, ricocheting off the ground all around him. He dove to another pile of rubble at the bottom of the hill.

EAGLE EAGLE!!! He cried out desperately, cowering down, hugging the earth below as bullets whizzed by.

A few seconds passed in silence then came

BALD! From up above.

PFC Jamison clenched his teeth in frustration.

The purpose of the password is to cry out before coming into our field of fire! came the call from above.

Jamison thought for a moment, he had a point. He dropped it and began crawling his way up towards the Citadel. He came into the trench, and met his almost killer.

Yo, hows it hangin. Said the machine gunner, an unlit cigar protruding from his mouth.

Jamison didnt answer. He looked back over the hill, M4 carbine in hand.

Soon, all of his buddies were in the trench next to him.

========================================

Jamison and the others walked around trying to find the CP so that they may be assigned to a company and platoon. The Citadel was quite a large compound and gave the defenders a huge advantage in its easily defended position. Finally they found it in a courtyard in the center of the compound. The men called it Ground Zero.

A few mortar rounds would land every now and then. Gunfire was sporadic all throughout the perimeter. The Americans were corneredworse than corneredthey were surrounded.

The two commanders and other subordinates were situated around a table arguing and discussing. They looked very much like regular soldiers, for they were as dirty, soot-covered, and exhausted as any grunt. Colonel MacArthur no longer had his sunglasses or cap but now had a rifle in his arms. Lt. Colonel Barrett had his helmet under his arm as he stared at a sketch of the Citadel displayed on the table. Major Garcia was stripping his weapon. Major Patton was the only man who seemed to have a slight grin hiding behind that cigar of his.

PFC Jamison began walking towards them but was halted by a Marine Gunnery Sergeant.

Hold it there, Private. What do you want? he asked.

Weve just arrived. Weve lost our platoon and need to find them. Jamison answered.

Damn. I dont know how the hell you got in here, the Japanese has this place surrounded and have launched already a few minor assaults. The SFC said somewhat surprised. Though it quickly faded, being too tired to hold the expression. Well, were all mixed up now and not many made it to the Citadel. Were down to about five hundred to eight hundred men and four damn tanks. The colonels split the defense into four sectors: North, South, East, West. Barretts got the North, MacArtys got the South, Patton the West and Garcia the East. Each sector has one entrenched tank and between one hundred and two hundred men. Including the two majors and two colonels we have but two other officers. Marine Lieutenant Puller and Army Lieutenant Androfini.

He then pulled out a slip of paper from his chest pocket and began writing on it with a broken pencil, using his thigh to write on.

Jamison and the others couldnt believe it. Theyve been totally annihilated. The greatest most horrific defeat the US of A has ever experienced. All due to the overconfidence of a few higher ups, including the late Burnside.

Im assigning you four to the 2nd platoon of the West, under SGT Lewis. He handed the slip to the PFC.

A platoon under a buck sergeant? Kimmons said to no one in particular.

Thats right, son, the SFC patted Kimmons on the shoulder in comfort, you all watch each others back. Never hesitate, and be prepared to lead. He then walked off.

Jamison stared at the slip. He felt like crying, but he didnt. He knew his life was over, but did not let loose the lump in his throat. Eight hundred surrounded by tens of thousands of well trained and armed Japanese in their home territory with no chance of reinforcements any time soon did not allow an ounce of hope to seep through to these men. Jamison realized he would never see his wife nor his newborn baby again, but he still did not shed a tear. He had to stay strong for his friends. All of them had to stay squared away for each other. Its all they had left. Its what they were, are and always will be fighting for.

Lets move out. He said.
Old July 15, 2003, 12:45   #108
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Excellent
Old July 28, 2003, 05:25   #109
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 17:35
Cool story.
Old August 19, 2003, 16:20   #110
Matthew Hayden
Chieftain

from me too, keep up ze good work!
Old September 1, 2003, 05:52   #111
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG irich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I like the depth of this story.

I do hope that ther will be more.
Old September 2, 2003, 22:54   #112
Easthaven I
Prince

The Citadel Day 1 0500 hours

The darkness began its transition into the gray gloomfilled sky. A steady light rain remained constant.

Up in the bell tower, the highest point of the Citadel and the city, lingered Army Special Forces Staff Sergeant Marcos RomeroScout/sniper. He laid prone, in the depths of the room, looking through to the world from his 10x Unertl sniper scope. He laid still as death, for behind the crosshairshe was death. His finger caressed the trigger of his M40A1 Sniper Rifle as he waited for his prey to show itself. In the distance, the unsuspecting Japanese soldier revealed his back out from his haven, a 2nd floor room 600 yards away. The window was the kill zone, and he lingered about it carelessly. The Japanese soldier felt secure and safe thinking the Americans were cornered and trapped blocks and blocks away. Little did he know that the hairs rising on his neck and the goosebumps chilled into existence across his body was the crosshairs of Marcos Romero.

He willed it, and it happened. The trigger gave as if on its own, the picture on the scope became a blur. When it refocused, the victim was no longer there.

The .308 caliber bullet spun out of its cave. It sailed through the moist air, racing past the sound barrier. One purpose it served, one motto it held true: To Whom it May Concern.

Such a beautiful shape it held, until it pierced the flesh of its enemy and crashed through the mans spine at the base of the neck, taking his life with it as it exited the body deformed and mangled, leaving the body lifeless before it hit the ground.

-----------------------------

Staff Sergeant Marcos Romero, Weapons Sergeant of his Alpha team. The only A-team to accompany the invasion force. Captain Broan was the leader and answered only and directly to the commanding officer of the invasion forces, who was now Lt. Colonel Barrett. At the moment, the A-team was helping lead and guide the soldiers of the Citadel. Captain Broan ordered Romero to the tower, and with the purpose of reporting any major enemy movements and to act as both countersniper and sniperin other words kill any Jap you see. He was a talented shot, and did not hesitate to undertake an assignment in which he could use it.

-----------------------------

Cling!

He slid the chamber open, ejecting the spent casing and allowing the next cartridge into its nest. He closed the chamber with the sound of a vault shutting. He did this with the speed and finesse of a fox. He quickly acquired a new target, an expected one. A fellow soldier in the room, 600 yards away, ran to aid his companion.

Death came from afar once again. The Japanese soldiers upper left head exploded as the .308 bullet crushed through his skull, splattering brain bits and bone fragments across the wall. The man collapsed on top of his comrade, a heap of flesh.

Cling!

The chamber door opened and closed. The Sniper pleased with his shots. No guilt, no sorrow. Just doing his job.

His mind unfocused a bit as a thought came to him abruptly

I need a smoke.

================================================

OOC: introducing a new character. I'm getting this story back up. I have another installment for my other story but its not done yet. Anyways, just a quick little tingaling....

Last edited by Easthaven I; September 2, 2003 at 23:00.
Old September 3, 2003, 02:39   #113
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Oh East Baby youre such a tease

Nice stuff BTW and good to see you after so long.
Old September 3, 2003, 19:04   #114
Easthaven I
Prince

good to see you, too, bro...
Old September 5, 2003, 06:26   #115
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG irich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Excellent. thanks for that.
Old September 7, 2003, 13:49   #116
LordVipper
Chieftain

i am trying to get that scenario for a month now and every time i try to download it i get 404 or something similiar.why?
Old September 30, 2003, 00:01   #117
Easthaven I
Prince

The Citadel Day 1 0700 hours

Sporadic fire still reigned the perimeter, and mortar rounds still crashed the government compound.

Hows the line, boys? Major Patton asked as he walked up to a section of his sector.

Its still here, sir. And it aint gonna move. Answered Pvt. Kimmons, hunkered down behind his M-60.

Good to hear, son, good to hear. Patton said as he kneeled down, behind some rubble, looking out into the cityknowing thousands and thousands of Japanese soldiers were out there ready to kill.

Another mortar round hit nearby, sending stone fragments and dust particles through the air.

We need to do somethin about those mortars. Patton said to himself.

Then a bugle call was sounded from the depths of the Japanese buildings nearby. And hundreds of Japanese soldiers emerged seemingly from thin air, charging towards the Citadel, crying their war cries.

Alright men! Let em have it! Make every shot count! Major Patton yelled out over the gunfire and explosions as he began firing his newly acquired MP-5 submachine gun.

The Japanese soldiers began making their way up the hill, under the hailstorm of gunfire, grenades, and booby traps. Mines exploded and claymores triggered. The roar of combat was constant.

Staff Sergeant Marcos Romero heard the bugle call. It was from the West. Facing North, he re-situated himself facing West, where the bugle call was sounded. Then he saw them. He looked for the leaders, any sort of leader as fast as he could. The crosshairs were set, the trigger squeezed. A radioman was sent hurling back from the impact of the .308 caliber bullet piercing his chest. Blood spurts out of the dead mans chest as a new hole is forced through.

Cling! Bullet ejected, chamber shut. New target acquired, trigger squeezed.

Cling!

Another Japanese soldier sent to his death, this time worth more, being an officer.

Cling!

Romero shoots a lowly Private in the gut.

Cling!

Shoots another.

The chamber is opened, ejecting the last casing, and five fresh new rounds are inserted with lightning speed. The vault is shut closed. The sniper resumes his work.

To be continued

============================

OOC: another itty bit to get my writing mind back in business. Not much but as much as I could do at the moment. Hopefully others are still interested...
By the way, LordVipper, I have no idea why you can't download the scenario, I downloaded it ages ago I don't even really remember the game anymore...
Old September 30, 2003, 01:06   #118
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Two magnificent chapters in the course of one hour? East, you are a writing machine!

Sweet stuff. I like the battle description. Although I do have a minor "complaint", if you would like to consider it. In this paragraph:

Quote:
The crosshairs were set, the trigger squeezed. A radioman was sent hurling back from the impact of the .308 caliber bullet piercing his chest. Blood spurts out of the dead mans chest as a new hole is forced through.
I totally see the kind of effect you were going for - the sort of movie-like thing, where the battle is so intense that the time seems to slow down. (I, personally, have tried to capture that kind of feeling a few times to no avail.) In that context, the battle is done very well, I think (the stuff that follows the quoted paragraph is really cool in that respect - the sounds intermingled with descriptive sentences make you feel like you are there and send blood pumping through the veins so you can almost hear your own heartbeat). However, in that paragraph I quoted, you make the jump from the past tense to the present tense. That kind of reads awkwardly. Almost feels like a bump that throws you out of it for a moment. I am not sure how to best revise it to achieve the desired effect, however. Maybe break up the paragraph into two, kind of like so:

Quote:
Staff Sergeant Marcos Romero heard the bugle call. It was from the West. Facing North, he re-situated himself facing West, where the bugle call was sounded. Then he saw them. He looked for the leaders, any sort of leader as fast as he could.

Crosshairs set; the trigger squeezed. A radioman sent hurling back from the impact of the .308 caliber bullet piercing his chest.

Blood spurts out of the dead mans chest as a new hole is forced through.

Cling - bullet ejected

Other than that, I must say, I enjoyed this chapter. Looking forward to more from you.
Spore page
Old September 30, 2003, 11:54   #119
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

I sort of see what Vovansim is saying but as ever dude that was superb stuff
Old September 30, 2003, 23:47   #120
Easthaven I
Prince

Yes I understand what you're saying. I just didn't know how to change spurts into past tense...spurted? and I just went over it and forgot it. Thanks though, teaches me to not lose focus to detail, will heed your advice for future chapters.

Thank you both, again.