Old March 12, 2002, 17:55   #1
Knight
Settler

Local Time: 21:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Corruption Idea...
Sorry if this has been suggested before. I haven't been able to keep my lurking skills hoaned for a while. Anyway, I had an idea on a way to ease the corruption woes with the addition of three simple and historicaly accurate small wonders. See, from what I understand, corruption is the way they simulate the lack of communication with the heart of the empire, thereby keeping the empire from expanding. Good idea, but as time and communications technology progressed, this became less of a problem. Therefore, I propose three small wonders that I think would be easy to add and good for the game....

Postal Network - Decreases corruption by 25% for all cities connected to the capitol by road, airport or harbor.

Telegraph Network - Decreases corruption for all cities connected to the capital by road by 50%

Telephone Network - Decreases corruption for all cities connected to the capitol by rail or harbor by 75%.

Those are just my ideas. One can also consider adding in Radio/Wireless as well to bring the total up to four. Anyway I just wanted to forward my idea and see what anyone thought. Might make a good idea for a mod at least.
Old March 12, 2002, 18:12   #2
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 17:38
Others have had similar thoughts, and have used the editor to create what are essentially extra forbidden palaces. Some others have just added the "reduces corruption" ability to various city improvements (temples/cathedrals/barracks, whatever).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old March 12, 2002, 18:20   #3
Knight
Settler

Local Time: 21:38
I never particularly liked the Forbidden Palace idea, and I think these would be better and more accurate replacements. Now, if they changed the Forbidden Palace to something like a Governor's House, and limited building it to one per every X number of cities, I think that'd be just as good.