Old March 13, 2002, 19:00   #1
John Ross
Settler

Local Time: 16:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
New Patch/Gme Editor Function
Hello everyone....
I just downloaded the new (1.17f?) patch, and I want to go into the editor to implement the changes that will affect corruption as some of you suggested to me on another thread. My question is, what exactly am I making the chanegs TO? Is there a certain file I should be modifying in order to affect the whole game? Thanks to whoever answers!
Old March 13, 2002, 19:17   #2
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 14:42
OK, first of all, make sure you have the correct editor. There was a mistake when the patch first came out and the editor wasn't compatible withe the game, so you couldn't start any new games after making changes. You need editor version 1.15, the one that came with the patch was 1.17.

The file the game uses for all it's parameters is called civ3mod.bic. If you are going to change anything, make sure you back it up before you proceed. I can happen that making any alteration can corrupt the file, and you don't want to have to reinstall the game because you didn't back it up. Or else you can save your changes as a scenario, then use the Load Scenario link in the start menu. This is what Firaxis highly recommends you do.

All you have to do is double click on the icon for civ3mod.bic, and the editor will automatically load up. You can also make a shortcut if you like, and place it on your desktop. Once in the editor, go to Rules, then select Edit Rules, this will bring you to the various menus. There's a couple of thing you can do. First, if you go to the World Sizes area, look for something called Optimal Number of Cities. If you increase this number, you will have less problems with corruption, but then so will the AI. Or you can go to Improvements & Wonders, and select the Reduces Corruption box for any improvement you think would be appropriate.
Old March 13, 2002, 19:45   #3
Bolleck
Settler

Local Time: 22:42
Aaaargh!
Argh! Argh! Argh!

I just tried to start "my" map. Guess what?

Wrong editor. Updatet. Cant open anymore.

Is the a way to rescue the mapping work?
Old March 13, 2002, 19:53   #4
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 14:42
You might try using the MultiTool, it will allow you export the map. I don't know for sure if it will help, I haven't worked with that function myself, but it might worth a try. That's about all I can think of at the moment I'm afraid.