Old March 14, 2002, 05:45   #1
{\S/}Tripa{\S/}
Settler

Local Time: 07:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Bug Fix
Just thought i might let all know that Skaven has just hired a programer who is currently working on a Fix for the Rush Buy Bug. We are hoping he will be finished soon but the truth is that he may not even finish till augest somtime. He is a freind of mine so is trying hard to fix the problem for me. What would be even betta is if Activision just got off there ass and did for us. But as we all know this wont happen.
I will let all know on the progress of the FIX and will Post a D/L on skavens site wich all will be free to D/L.
I hope this will be finished soon and we can all get back to playing without being paranoid about some one cheating.

www.newskaven.com

Skaven Forums

Skavens Sponser
Old March 14, 2002, 09:12   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 23:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You mean someone who try to hack the ctp2.exe or just sliciing? More whishes I have more whishes in my mind: Sea-City-Sprite-Bug, get to work the city style placing buttons to work probably, fix Goods.txt, fix diplomacy photos, .......................................

By the way nice new forum you have there at Skaven, I only registered in one Ätzbrett forum, I hated this pop up windows, therefore I didn't registered at Skaven, now we got another nice backup forum, I just have a small problem with using cookies in general, therefore that is the only small problem that I have with your forum.

-Martin
Old March 14, 2002, 09:40   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Tripa,
We've been looking into solutions for the bug here as well, maybe cooperating would work? If you're trying to hack the exe there's only two or three people here who might be able to help (the only possibilities that come to mind are the both Martins and yours truly - but AFAIK none of us are experienced hackers), but if you're trying with SLIC or by other means, we have a whole team of people who might be able to assist.

BTW, you Skaven guys should register in the MP registry (topped thread in this forum)...
Old March 16, 2002, 23:04   #4
{\S/}Tripa{\S/}
Settler

hey you are looking at the wrong bloke lol. This guy is a pro i wouldnt have a clue anything about what he uses or how he does it. He is one of my freinds dads and i asked him if he could do for me if i payed him. So i am getting him to fix and then i will pay him. if you like i can ask him what ever you like but just dont ask me. I am a webdesigner not a hacker or programer.

As i said i will keep all posted. Whoever it is that does know hacking and Programing if i could get yous to post ya MSN or ICQ here i will get him to contact yous and he can give you what hes got so far and you could do the same for him.

as i say i dont know bugger all bout it tho. all i can do is be a middle man, hehehehe
Old March 17, 2002, 03:44   #5
stankarp
staff
Age of Nations Team

Local Time: 21:43
My veteran knights are sharpening their swords and polishing their armour

However, there is another problem. Saved MP games. I found out from another leading Mp player about shifting saved games between folders on your C drive so you can check your enemies position. Even if you are not the host, if the host drops out for 20 seconds, you can save then check it later. There needs to be some system to prevent this. I had a feeling that maybe a prefix added to the the name of the saved mp games might prevent them being loaded in single player. This is as big a problem as the rush buy bug because you can delete things from the game at the start (such as wonders) which eleminates most of the consequences of the rush buy bug but unless games are finished in one sitting, the second one is a bigger cheat problem. Very few GL games I played were finished in 1 sitting, in fact, I can only remember 2.
Old March 17, 2002, 04:20   #6
{\S/}Tripa{\S/}
Settler

this is a big issue and i did know about this wich i y i only ever played with ppl i new or trusted. or played myself as host. that way i had the only save.
I will ask my programer if he can fix it. as i hav said i know stuff all about this kind of stuff but i will ask hime and get back to yas
Old March 23, 2002, 19:52   #7
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by {\S/}Tripa{\S/}
hey you are looking at the wrong bloke lol. This guy is a pro i wouldnt have a clue anything about what he uses or how he does it. He is one of my freinds dads and i asked him if he could do for me if i payed him. So i am getting him to fix and then i will pay him. if you like i can ask him what ever you like but just dont ask me. I am a webdesigner not a hacker or programer.

As i said i will keep all posted. Whoever it is that does know hacking and Programing if i could get yous to post ya MSN or ICQ here i will get him to contact yous and he can give you what hes got so far and you could do the same for him.

as i say i dont know bugger all bout it tho. all i can do is be a middle man, hehehehe
Sorry for the late reply, RL has been taking its toll lately. The most important question I have for your programmer is what exactly he is doing: is he using SLIC? Is he hacking the exe? And whatever approach he is taking, has he made any kind of progress yet, learnt anything that could be useful for the modding community?

If you could ask him those questions or tell me how I can contact him, that would be great. Anyway, great to hear you're working on this (or rather, getting other to work on it ), Tripa