Old June 12, 2002, 04:21   #121
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 07:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Belgrade has fallen to the German army. Yugoslavia's many ethnic groups will now prosper under German rule
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis_1940dec.net (234.9 KB, 4 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old June 12, 2002, 09:34   #122
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hello everyone!!

Sorry for breaking in but I noticed that Spain has lost it's leader. I played this game very often especially with Spain and Germany. Against the AI I also was able to run over Europe with Spain. I was stopped at the German/Russian border. But at least an impressive Empire given the starting position. I know that against experienced human players I won't get so far But I would love to play this game against humans especially with Spain.

thx
Old June 12, 2002, 11:15   #123
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 16:44
I'm ok with that. Welcome aboard!
Old June 15, 2002, 09:21   #124
Kalmer
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:44
To Soviets, Allies and France: Turkey wishes to hold strict neutrality in current war, therefore we can't take money and promise that we don't excange techs with Germany in future at all. But we expect that our science-excange agreements with you stay in force.

To Spain: we propose free science-excange treaty between our countries.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turkey1940dec.net (234.9 KB, 3 views)
Old June 15, 2002, 13:33   #125
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

ahem one question guys: a strange thing seemed to happen, I can no longer build the german Tanks but instead a strange mixture of Allied/Soviet and Axis Infantry and some very weak tanks. Furthermore all Cities are producing less food and began to starve. It is a strange thing as it did not happen before in my games and I loaded the correct files and also did the Delevent thing.
Old June 15, 2002, 20:18   #126
klesh
King

Local Time: 17:44
Greetings,

Did you run the file named "Europe.bat" (I think thats it for this game, maybe not. I am not at my home pc right now. You must select Winter '40-'41. If that isnt the problem, it might be due to the fact that this is a special PBEM test version. Did Marko give you the special set of files for this game? Other that that, I dunno.

-FMK.
Old June 16, 2002, 06:06   #127
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

Well it seems as it work now, I've downloaded the files again and voila no famine anymore

Btw I took the files from the first page of this thread thought these were the correct ones and with these I played my turn and posted it.
Attached Files:
File Type: net sp1940dec.net (234.9 KB, 2 views)
Old June 16, 2002, 08:17   #128
Marko
Prince

Local Time: 21:44
Welcome to the game, Markus!

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperial-Markus
Well it seems as it work now, I've downloaded the files again and voila no famine anymore

Btw I took the files from the first page of this thread thought these were the correct ones and with these I played my turn and posted it.
You did everything right. The three zips from first page of the thread are all what is needed (plus sounds from the original TSFE).

I wonder that you managed to conquer Axis with Spain. It is a great achievement! Was it with original TSFE or this new PBEM version (1.9)?
Old June 16, 2002, 09:27   #129
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

Ah it was with the original TSFE I did not even know there was a second part produced till I downloaded the files, saw the bunch of new units, wondered about half of an hour what is going on and afterwards realized it is another version
Thought you were playing with the old one. So ít looks like you're also one of the creators that give their scenario a new run with nemonization. But their looking really good and I consider your scen as one of the best concerning the historical accuracy. At first I was a little bit confused seeing so many files but after I played a few turns I couldn't stop.
Well I'm a special kind of player that wants to play with minor powers in the scens. It is a kind of challenge for me to see how much I can achieve with a civ that isn't state of the art from the start. Perhaps I should have said in my past post that of course in the beginning I had also major setbacks and had to restart the game but I think I figured out how to do it. Actually it is not too hard of course this works only against the dump AI. At first you need a low profile don't let yourself be pushed into a war and build up your forces and the economy. Secondly you need to wait for the right moment to strike a surprise attack. The best choice is when all the Axis forces are entangled somewhere in Russia than you can roll up the whole front from behind. But as I said earlier near the Russian/German border I was stopped. So I had to build up strength again but now with all of France/Spain and a great part of Germany and Italy in my back this will be done in the near future.
So once again you've done a really good job but I would like to know how long did it take before you finished the first TSFE. I mean with all these eventfiles it must be a long time. I think you actually need a couple of month to create a standard scen.
So keep up the good work.
Sincerely
Your fan
markus
Old June 19, 2002, 08:21   #130
The ANZAC
King

I am going to be gone from June 21st to July 1st. And I wanted to know if anyone wanted to take over while I was gone before I have get someone new from outside.
Old June 20, 2002, 09:23   #131
The ANZAC
King

Marko: do you want to take over for the Allies while I am away? If so you can get my password from Case.
Old June 20, 2002, 10:05   #132
Marko
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperial-Markus
I would like to know how long did it take before you finished the first TSFE.
It took me 1,5 years to make the original TSFE. I also made an upgrade (version 1.1) a month later but didn't released it - only gave a link to it in a scenario thread in Civfanatics.

Now TSFE 2 is almost ready and I'm playtesting it. The scenario has around a dozen new tricks which haven't been used in any scenario before for making the AI better. So I hope it will be interesting, once finished.

Quote:
do you want to take over for the Allies while I am away? If so you can get my password from Case.
Yes, I'll play as Allies.
Old June 20, 2002, 18:38   #133
The ANZAC
King

Sure take over. Two things first before you release: I hope to make some important changes to the SOMUA S-35 and two I haven't made a Matilda Mk I and I doubt I can You might want to find someone to do that.
Old June 23, 2002, 05:06   #134
Marko
Prince

No important news.
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies40dec.net (234.9 KB, 2 views)
Old June 25, 2002, 17:15   #135
klesh
King

We are recieving scattered reports from the west...

Nothing is clear as of yet... though explosions have been reported outside the city of Odessa...

Full story expected soon...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	panzer4.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	18185  
Old June 25, 2002, 22:02   #136
klesh
King

December of 1940 -- Operation Chetepaka
W A R ! ! !

One month ago, when Iosef Stalin got wind of the utter collapse of the Yugoslavian government, he sighed, shook his head and retreated to his office. After about an hour, he came out, and called for his assistant, Ludkova. "Get on the wires to Kyiv, I want Marshal Kleshnikov flow to Moskva immediately."

When the Marshal arrived, Stalin greeting him with a lifeless scowl, and the soon went into the Comrade's map room to have a conference. There Stalin explained why politically, after the fall of yet another soveign nation, he now had decided to strike the first blow at the fascists. "With Poland it was one thing, we still had protection in the south. But now, we have no more Yougoslavia, and we have what intellegence says is the German 3rd Army at our doorstep. England is backed up to a wall, she cannot possibly attempt an invasion with no one else fighting it out on the continent. Greece is barely holding on, and unless we act soon, the German 3rd Army will turn south, headlong into Greece" He went on. "We need to act now, and cripple their war effort... buy time for England and France to regroup in the south. Vasily, I am giving you command of this invasion. You will have the 3rd and 4th Guards Tank Armies at your disposal as well as the 112th, 91st, 34th, and 65th Guards Infantry Divisions. You have one month to excecute this manouver. You have one week to settle on an order of battle and return here by armoured train to get it approved. This, as you can imagine, is of the highest priority for not only the Union, but for the entirety of Europe.

And so it was done.

One month later in December, Molotov delivered the declaration of war in Berlin, just as the frontier positions were being crossed by the troops. Many German troops couldn't believe their eyes, as our tanks rolled past them with lightning speed. These soldiers hadn't been attacked in force during the entire war! Some fought valiantly, but other turned and ran, and were gunned down by our armour.

Victories were numerous, as the Germans were completely caught off guard. By the end of the advance, all strategic objectives were met, with minimal and less than expected casualties.

Preparations are underway for what appears to be possibly a major battle in the future between the 3rd and 4th Guards Tank Armies and the panzer elements (divisions unknown) of the German 3rd Army along the banks of the Danube River. This could be the most decisive battle yet in this war, as the fate of the Soviet invasion, as well as the strength of the German Army in the east might hinge on it.

When Stalin got word of the resounding success of the invasion, he turned to his commisars and said "You see, the never expected it! We've got them now. Their war machine won't last long without their precious Oil Facilities." He was quickly overcome with joy, and ran to his office to fetch his special box of goodies. He packed a celebratory pipefull of marihuana for the entire Supreme Sovieit to enjoy.

Cities Captured:

Oradea
Burgas
Varna
Constanta
Bucuresti
Ploesti
Attached Files:
File Type: net sovmov1940dec.net (234.9 KB, 4 views)
Old June 25, 2002, 23:16   #137
Case
Emperor

Bah! I didn't need those cities anyway
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old June 29, 2002, 06:28   #138
Marko
Prince

Congratulations to Soviet Union and especially to comrade Stalin and his brilliant Marshal Kleshnikov! They have certainly studied well the works of ancient master Xin Yu.

French Mediterranean fleet under command of admiral Jean Pierre Esteva liberated Corsica island.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france40dec.net (234.9 KB, 2 views)
Old June 29, 2002, 07:13   #139
Case
Emperor

Luftwaffe Strikes Stalinist Hordes!

The bombers and fighters of the Luftwaffe's 2nd Air Army have struck out at the Soviet agressors.
Jubilant He-111 Pilots have described how the Russian tankers of the 3rd Guards Tank Army abandoned their primative machines at the sight of literally thousands of the Luftwaffe's elite bombers approaching their encampments around Oradea!

Below: A He-111 is readied for another sortie against the 3rd Guards Tank Army

3rd Army Counterattacks

Following the 2nd Air Army's massive attack, troops of the 3rd army were able to secure the rubble of Oradea without suffering any casualties themselves.
Upon digging themselves in, the soldiers of the 3rd Army were thrilled to hear the news that reinforcements are flooding into the region under the aegis of the newly formed Army Group Danube.

Luftwaffe Active over Atlantic and Mediterranean

In addition to it's activities over the Balkans, the Luftwaffe has continued the campaign against Germany's enemies in the west. This month German bombers have slaughted the Free French defenders of Corsica and have sent even more British battleships and cruisers to the bottom of the sea.
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1941jan.net (234.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Case; June 29, 2002 at 07:18.
Old June 29, 2002, 08:38   #140
Marko
Prince

DECEMBER 1940

Axis conquered Belgrade in Yugoslavia.

Spain captured Porto in Portugal.

Soviets seized Ploesti, Constanta, Bucaresti, Varna, Burgas and Oradea in Romania.

France liberated Bastia in Corsica island.

1940 OVERVIEW

Axis conquered Denmark, Norway, Benelux countries, France and Yugoslavia.

Spain seized northern part of Portugal.

Allies captured Albania and eastern Libya.

Soviets conquered Romania.

France captured Sardinia and western Libya.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	nov40.gif
Views:	123
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	18428  
Old July 1, 2002, 13:58   #141
Kalmer
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:44
Due to the Axis-Soviet war Turkish army is in full alert.
We are ready to repel any possible invasion from any source.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turkey1941jan.net (234.9 KB, 2 views)
Old July 1, 2002, 15:31   #142
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

The Republic of Spain is proud to finally declare the end of the corrupt and completely inefficient regime of Antonio di Salazzar. Portugal and Spain are one once again. United under the prosperous and glorious leadership of “Il Marco”.

The people welcomed our troops as liberators from an oppressive rule and cheered them marching through the streets of Lisbon. Marco held a speech from the balcony of the townhall of Lisbon and he was overwhelmed by the spontaneous reaction of the people to declare a new holiday in Portugal: the liberation day will remind all generations on the heroic task done by Marco to bring freedom to Portugal.

Furthermore Marco would like once again express the absolute neutrality of Spain in this conflict and he hopes all leaders will continue their noble behaviour in respecting our borders.

Thank you for your attention
Marco
Leader of unified Spain and Portugal
Attached Files:
File Type: net sp41jan.net (234.9 KB, 2 views)
Old July 1, 2002, 21:33   #143
The ANZAC
King

Operation Taciturn Launched!!

Today the code of "Silent as the Wind..." was sent over Hellenic Resistance Radio and two irregular formations of Bulgars, Expatriots, and Greeks launched an assault on Plovdiv and took control of the city from German auxiliary troops who were whimpering at their boots. This is important as it links the Soviet and Allied forces together to form a better line to push the Hun out of the Balkans! God save the King!
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies1941jan.net (234.9 KB, 2 views)
Old July 2, 2002, 04:28   #144
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

The Spanish government is concerned about the sneak attack of Russian forces on German soil. Another nation had abandoned it's neutrality and entered the WW. Now more lives will be wasted. Given the complete new situation Spain is not only accepting the scientific exchange treaty proposed by Turkey but propose also an Alliance of Neutrality. We must bind together in order too keep potential invaders out. As Russia proves us that it cannot be trusted perhaps sooner or later they start to invade you with the same completely useless excuse of “securing” their borders. The last neutral countries in the world must unite or we will be eradicated one after another.

Last edited by Imperial-Markus; July 2, 2002 at 12:59.
Old July 2, 2002, 11:05   #145
The ANZAC
King

The United Kingdom would support an alliance of Neutrality between Turkey and Spain.
Old July 2, 2002, 15:43   #146
klesh
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperial-Markus As Russia proves us that it cannot be trusted perhaps sooner or later they start to invade you with the same completely useless excuse of “securing” their borders.

Pfft. Tell that to Denmark, Norway, Benelux countries, France and Yugoslavia.
Old July 2, 2002, 18:56   #147
klesh
King

January of 1941
Operation Chetepaka continues to advance its way across the Balkans! People everywhere welcome the liberating forces of the Soviet Union!

After the severe bombardment of Oradea, our forces climbed out of the rubble and were able to recapture the city from the counterattacking Germans. The first victories were scored on the Luftwaffe during this raid, and the old I-16's held their ground.

After encountering the Greek freedom fighters in Plovdiv, the 3rd and 4th Guards Tank Armees turned westward to advance on the Germans in Jugoslavia. The forces involved in the pincer movement which initiated during Chetepaka has now met at the city of Craiova. Here, Marshal Kleshnikov met with General Muzekya and prepared for the long push into Jugoslavia.

Sofia was liberated in turn, and the line alongside the Greeks was sured-up.

The 67th Belorussian Assault Engineers brigade advanced in motorized lorries just behind our aroured columns, and began the task of erecting sveral bridges across the Danube. Here, with the Red Airforce in sight, the dreaded Luftwaffe was no where to be found! Four bridges were completed in a matter of 8 hours, and a double pincer attack was initiated at dawn on the 3rd day of the continued attack.

Here we see a sniper from the 67th Belorussian Assault Engineers brigade covering the construction of one of the bridges across the Danube.

Beograd was encircled, and the confused commander of the Panzer batalions stationed in the city was taken prisoner, along with the Order of battle for the German 3rd Army in the comming weeks. This was a major victory for the Soviet liberators, as the capital of the recently stricken Jugoslavia is now free from the fascist dogs.

Oradea retaken
Craiova, Sofia and Beograd captured.

-Vasily Kleshnikov.
Attached Files:
File Type: net sovmov1941jan.net (234.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by klesh; July 2, 2002 at 19:08.
Old July 4, 2002, 09:27   #148
Marko
Prince

Some fights around Corsica.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france41jan.net (234.9 KB, 4 views)
Old July 4, 2002, 09:40   #149
Marko
Prince

JANUARY 1941

Axis liberated Oradea in Romania.

Spain conquered Lisboa and Lagos in Portugal.

Allies took Plovdiv in Bulgaria.

Soviets captured Sofia in Bulgaria, Belgrade in Yugoslavia and Oradea in Romania.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	jan41.gif
Views:	82
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	18773  
Old July 5, 2002, 03:50   #150
Case
Emperor

Luftwaffe Continues to Lash Soviets

The aircrews of the 2nd Air Army have continued to enjoy what the pilots have dubbed 'the Great Danube Duckshoot'. Luftwaffe forces have destroyed over 5 soviet Armoured Divisions this month, and fresh aircrews are rushing to the Danube to join in the fun!

Oradea Raided

Following more bombardment from the Luftwaffe, the 21st Panzer Divsion has mounted a 'hit and run' raid on Oradea. The Dision withdraw safely to it's inital positions after the divisional engineers had destroyed The Red Air Force facilities in the city.

Corsica Raided

The Italian Armed forces have Raided the Island of Corsica, briefly re-occuping the city of Bastia. The French defenders of the island have lost dozens of fighters and a squadron of cruisers.
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1941feb.net (234.9 KB, 3 views)