Old March 16, 2002, 22:48   #1
primemover
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ok... figured medieval bug out... a question for WesW and other modders
(see Medievel Mod bug post above)

Ok... after some spending some time looking into what is happening and learning some SLIC... I think I have found the problem: It is the kill slaving units and old units routine in the the file MM2_SLC_Wouter.slc. I built the two units I could that wouldn't be destroyed on turn 400 (which is the year that they all seem to die). They actually survived the massacre...

Which brings me to a few more questions...

I changed the file by commenting out that entire section. But it still happens! (but my non-listed units still survive). Is the SLIC saved as part of the saved game so that rules are constant throughout a game?

And a question for WesW...
Why do you do that... kill all those armys off? For crying out loud... some of my militia are of the type that get killed off. (In other words... I only have two or three conventional units that aren't on that kill list for year 400.) Now the only conventional units I have are the four units that I built to see if they would survive.

-prime mover
Old March 17, 2002, 08:33   #2
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 21:50
I think its part of the game - to keep ALL units in the game at the same level of tech(the AI losses his out-dated armies to). It is disconcerting at first but once you know the game and its era's(check out all the readme files and tech tree etc) you can plan ahead to ensure you have the latest units come the era change. On reflection i like the system in Craddle which gives you the option of upgrading your units rather than disbanding them.Still it's important to have some system that keeps all civs upto date, and you can take some small comfort that the AI is as weakend as you when this happens.
Old March 17, 2002, 13:32   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 23:50
Go to this thread , we don't need two of them. This thread has more to do with modding therefore the creation forum.

-Martin