View Poll Results: Is 1.17f buggier than earlier versions?
Yes, 1.17f is buggier. 10 25.64%
No, earlier versions were buggier. 13 33.33%
There is no difference between versions and how many bugs they have. 9 23.08%
I don't know. 2 5.13%
Bananas. 5 12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19, 2002, 12:02   #31
Jawa Jocky
Prince

Local Time: 13:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
This was an older game that I already finished. It was my 1st attempt at emp. I was able to get caught up in the tech race. Nobody ever declared war on me until I tried to set up cities on the continent. Corruption made them useless and I couldn't get a leader to move my palace. I thought I was going to win the Space Race but England ended up with the domination. It was actually my most impressive loss ever.

ATI eh? I guess I'll try to find a deal on a new video card.

Thank you all for your help
Old March 20, 2002, 02:01   #32
Jawa Jocky
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ethelred
Assuming Windows 98 then the latest Rage driver is 4.13.7192 on ATI's site. Its from October of 2001.
This driver works! I can't tell you how happy I am about finally being rid of this problem. Unfortunately, this means I have to admit that I'm an idiot. I did remembered downloading a driver from ATI not too long ago but I now remember that I did this at work (not on my home computer). BRAIN FART: I had the original driver from 1999.
Old March 20, 2002, 02:51   #33
Ethelred
King

Very good. That sort of stuff happens. Like if you have to reformat for instance its hard to remember just which things you have to upgrade again. This sort of thing is why the people doing customer service often sound like stubborn idiots. They some times ARE stubborn idiots but sometimes it the user that has made a silly mistake and the agent has to go through a set tree to make sure nothing silly is missed.

For me getting DSL was an adventure in dealing with ignorance and it wasn't mine. It was PacHell's customer service. I would occasionly get someone competent and then I would loose the connection. In that case it wasn't me. But I don't want to try counting the number of times I have asked my PC "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME??!! " . Those very words. And then figure out later its because I told it to do it that way.

I have forgotten downloading drivers many times. I tend to download stuff on a whim since I got DSL.

Don't be suprised if other glitches crop up. ATI's uninstall/install routines sometimes leave garbage behind. You may find other games glitching or video problems. If so its because there is some old stuff left over. There are instructions for that over on Rage3D for the Radeon and there probably is for the Rage as well.

If you do buy another card you mayneed to be sure that you clear out all the detritus from this one. Especially if you change brands.