Old March 18, 2002, 16:59   #1
Kiricrate
Settler

Local Time: 21:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How can I create a new scenario?
I'M NOT EXPERT IN CIVILIZATION II...
HOW CAN I CREATE A NEW SCENARIO?
I'VE ONLY THE "BASE" CD ( CIVILIZATION CLASSICAL ) AND TWO PATCH WHO DEVELOP THE CLASSICAL CIV IN FANTASTICAL WORLD AND CIV GOLD EDITION.
ARE THERE ANY PROGRAM ( DOWNLOADABLE ) USEFUL TO CREATE NEW SCENARIO?
THANK. I SPEAK ENGLISH A BIT.
Kiricrate
Old March 18, 2002, 17:24   #2
Hywel Dda
Warlord

There are some pages at the CivFanatics site about making Scenarios which may help you.

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2refer...html#scenarios

Edit: Oops! Forgot to mention the one at Apolyton!

http://apolyton.net/civ2/civ2hint.shtml

From whichever site, you should start by downloading the following FAQ by "Radiospace" (Patrick Williams)

CivII Scenario Design FAQ v1.0 (26k)

This gives you a simple guide on how to plan and design a scenario.

Programs: The map can be input using the map editor that comes with the game. The rules can be changed using any text editor (e.g. Windows Notepad), or with the editor in the scenario menu with Fantastic Worlds. I cannot advise on graphics/sound editors as I have not tried this myself. Perhaps someone more experianced can help you there.

Last edited by Hywel Dda; March 18, 2002 at 18:00.
Old March 19, 2002, 12:23   #3
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 18:54
Paint Shop Pro is a good image editor, plus there should be a free 30-day trial at www.jasc.com

You can always get it ripped at some places, or over Morpheus...

Progressive Game ID #0023
Old March 21, 2002, 21:43   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

It seems that you have a patch which patches you up to Fantastic Worlds- correct?

If so, then you just hit the Create Scenario button and follow the instructions.

You can edit parameters most in the Edit Scenario section.

A good idea is to import units into your game as placeholders until you become good with the ingame .bmp editing technology.

You can import units by entering the Unit section, then clicking on Edit Picture, then Clicking on the CD (I believe; I haven't done it in a while so the detalis are sketchy) Then you open a .bmp file where you saved the unit previously.

I would reccommend not to import units unless they begin as-->Unit... ->For if they do not begin as "Unit-something" then they will not work in the game-

At least that has been my experience.
Old March 22, 2002, 05:26   #5
Kiricrate
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
It seems that you have a patch which patches you up to Fantastic Worlds- correct?

If so, then you just hit the Create Scenario button and follow the instructions.

You can edit parameters most in the Edit Scenario section.

A good idea is to import units into your game as placeholders until you become good with the ingame .bmp editing technology.

You can import units by entering the Unit section, then clicking on Edit Picture, then Clicking on the CD (I believe; I haven't done it in a while so the detalis are sketchy) Then you open a .bmp file where you saved the unit previously.

I would reccommend not to import units unless they begin as-->Unit... ->For if they do not begin as "Unit-something" then they will not work in the game-

At least that has been my experience.

I'learnt to modify unit's file with Paint ( but... if I want use them with Civilization Gold edition?Do I alter them in gif files? ): and... what about the citie's files?I did the same but they didn't work ( the Pc wrote "invalid format file" ). What about?
Thank!
Old March 22, 2002, 12:03   #6
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 18:54
Even though FW comes with a built-in editor, i find it much easier to open the files and alter them directly.

It is much easier to use, as you can easily move units from/to slots and between scenarios...

As for the formats, MS Paint does not open gifs (or at least didn't when i last used it ) so i use PSP.
There are some files which the game recognizes in .bmp format (though there are some that it doesn't, such as city.gif, which is the city screen background. also, it must be a version 89a noninterlaced gif IIRC)

Anyway, i use .gif format only

Progressive Game ID #0023