Local Time: 18:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Has this modification been stopped.
There is no working on it anymore?
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
-Jean Rostand
Old April 5, 2002, 10:09   #92
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:56
Ben is on vacation (more or less); he said that once he gets back he'll start working on the implementation. So this project isn't quite dead yet...
Old April 5, 2002, 10:24   #93
ískallin
Call to Power II Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 09:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm wayting for
Ódauðlegum Vamba( aka IW)

I got Mordor city style

I hope like them(for his sake
Old April 7, 2002, 14:47   #94
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 22:56
I'm BAAAACK!

Iskallin, I will in fact attempt to buy HoM&M some time on the cheap, and get the graphics straight out, because it would be a pain for both of us if you had to email me 5 facings of each unit, with animations However, any city styles will be very gratefully received. Could you post them, or email them to weaver1@tinyworld.co.uk (it works now )

Pedrunn, I'm on it, give me a few days.

Nice pics CoT

Old April 7, 2002, 16:38   #95
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 21:56
IW, hope you had a good vacation
A bit back in the thread i mentioned going through the files in Pharoah to see about extracting sprites/buildings etc. Well i'm just very rubbish and couldn't find anything that i recognised could be used , the sprite files i did find had a list of numbers that you could change(even a helpfull read me explaining it!) but nothing i could recognise as a pic(tga,jpg,spr etc) . Even the building files were meaningless(to me). So any suggestions? And if i could do something with this game would the images be useful?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old April 7, 2002, 16:47   #96
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by child of Thor
IW, hope you had a good vacation
Dull as ditchwater: just what I needed
Quote:
A bit back in the thread i mentioned going through the files in Pharoah to see about extracting sprites/buildings etc. Well i'm just very rubbish and couldn't find anything that i recognised could be used , the sprite files i did find had a list of numbers that you could change(even a helpfull read me explaining it!) but nothing i could recognise as a pic(tga,jpg,spr etc) . Even the building files were meaningless(to me). So any suggestions? And if i could do something with this game would the images be useful?
Any images would be useful, I think the first place to start would be to find an equivalent Apolyton for Pharoah, and check out their mod section. Chances are the graphics will be stored in some big old library file like in AoK, and perhaps someone has found a way to open them...
Otherwise just screenshots, I guess.
Old April 8, 2002, 11:35   #97
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 16:56
Pharaoh Homepage

Pharaoh Heaven
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old April 8, 2002, 12:20   #98
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I found Pharaoh Heaven. Not much in the ways of ambitious modding going on there.

I also bought HOM&M Chronicles for very little, played the tutorial, then set about trying to hack the units out. The library files (.lod) are openable, thanks to a kindly fan, and the graphics inside them are modified PCX files, but the sprite library files seem to consist of .DEF and .MSK files, and though I think someone has made a viewer for .DEF files, it is not available online, so its back to HyperCam...
Old April 8, 2002, 13:05   #99
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Shouldn't my post have bumped this thread?
Old April 8, 2002, 18:18   #100
child of Thor
Emperor

watched a very cool documentory(yep i said cool ) on the ancient wonders of the world last night. Went into the constuction techniques and how it was possible for the Egyptians to build the Great Pyramid to be perfect, geometricaly ,to within inches. Interesting stuff really. One thing that struck me was how, mostly these kind of undertakings were very rare. Not everyone built them and even the civillisations that did rarely built more than one or two. I may be wrong but maybe we need a real distinction between the BIG wonders and the smaller ones? Maybe increase the benefits of the big ones to make them really incredible, and increase the cost to make them? For the smaller ones(I think Locutus has a nice list of wonders),make then time limited ,maybe have them removed over time as they wear out?
And yes i checked all the Pharoah sites i could find and wasn't very impressed. All the modding seemed to be in designing maps, nothing on buildings/Sprites(i did find one link to a german site that may have something on buildings- when i've got it i'll post it and ask Martin to have a look). Disapointing really as i think this game and Ceasar might offer the best material for Craddle/Med Mod and other ancient mods. Still if i find anything from the Pharoh files i'll stick a sample here that IW can check to see if its useful or not.
I WANT A BIG PYRAMID OUTSIDE MY CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Old April 9, 2002, 06:14   #101
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Damn, I meant to watch that.

Anyway, I have narrowed down Locutus' list to 20 that I think fit in mostly with Cradle wonders, and also will look good on the map, and are realistic possibilities for finding decent graphics for.

They are, in no particular order:
1 Pyramids
2 Colossus
3 Aya Sofia
4 Great Wall
5 Pentagon
6 Hanging Gardens?
7 Forbidden City
8 Meso-American Pyramid - Chichen Itza
9 Petronas Towers
10 Empire State
11 Eiffel Tower?
12 Dome of Rock/Mecca
13 Temple of Zeus (EE)
14 Temple of Jerusalem
15 Colliseum
16 Pharos?
17 Globe Theatre
18 Stonehenge
19 Ankor Wat
20 Taj Mahal

Now the problem is that so far I have only found 18 places in the tile file in which to slot extra tile improvements. I'm working on more, but it might be an idea to knock two out of that list. If there is one glaringly obvious one I missed, 21 makes a nice round 3 lots of Seven Wonders.
Old April 9, 2002, 12:02   #102
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Personally, I'm not sure if Globe Theathre is really something you'd want as one of the 20 biggest and most impressive buildings in the world, but the rest of the list looks good

Instead of the theather, I'd much rather see something like the Kremlin, Forbidden City, Versailles, or an important Christian cathedral (Notre Dame, Sagrada Familia, San Marco, Vatican), a Muslim mosque (Kairouan, Timbuktu, Samarkand, Mecca), or Buddhist/Hindu temple (Madurai, Shwe Dagon, Borobudur). Then again, if we want the same list for both Cradle and HotW (which we probably do), that might not work out very well...

21 wonders would be an ideal number IMHO, if it's possible (I'm 95% certain that I'll use all of them in the HotW mod - those last 5% are reservations about Globe Theatre and the 21st wonder).
Old April 9, 2002, 12:45   #103
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Personally, I'm not sure if Globe Theathre is really something you'd want as one of the 20 biggest and most impressive buildings in the world, but the rest of the list looks good
That still in there? Must be asleep...

The Forbidden City is already in there, but I can replace the Globe with, say the Sagrada Familia, and than add another Mosque, or a temple, if I can find the graphics for them.
Old April 9, 2002, 12:59   #104
Leonidas
King

Nice work, fellas. Everything is coming along nicely

Red Alert 2 would be the perfect game to get the images for the Eiffel Tower and the Pentagon.
Old April 9, 2002, 13:07   #105
Leonidas
King

From Red Alert 2: The White House:

Old April 9, 2002, 13:13   #106
Leonidas
King

From Red Alert 2: The Pentagon:

http://img.mobygames.com/images/shot...2794425-00.gif
Old April 9, 2002, 13:15   #107
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonidas
From Red Alert 2: The Pentagon:
sure?
Old April 9, 2002, 13:20   #108
Leonidas
King

Sorry about that.

The Moby Games site can be a pain. The screenshots won't show up.

Try this link to view several screenshots including the Pentagon:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/shots/gameId,2544/
Old April 9, 2002, 13:30   #109
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Wierd. Those pics showed up properly the first time.

Last edited by Immortal Wombat; April 9, 2002 at 13:41.
Old April 9, 2002, 13:54   #110
Leonidas
King

From Red Alert 2 - Mexican Pyramids:

Old April 9, 2002, 14:19   #111
child of Thor
Emperor

Nice mexican pyramid, Leonidas how well will it scale down to 1 tile in CTP2(IW?)?

Old April 9, 2002, 16:31   #112
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
The Forbidden City is already in there, but I can replace the Globe with, say the Sagrada Familia, and than add another Mosque, or a temple, if I can find the graphics for them.
Ah, I overlooked the Forbidden City. Yeah, it would be nice if the replacement could be the Sagrada Familia. For the 21st wonder I'd absolutely love to have the temples of Madurai or the Mosque of Timbuctur (or Djenne), but finding suitable graphics for those probably won't be easy (I can get plenty of real photos but that wouldn't do much good, I suppose). Failing that, Kremlin or Notre Dame (or maybe St. Paul's) would IMHO probably be the best choices.

Another alternative would be to use place 20 and 21 for the two missing original wonders: the Mausoleum and the Temple of Artemis. A bit Western-centric and unoriginal perhaps, but those *are* true classics (and graphics shouldn't be too hard to find)...
Old April 9, 2002, 17:01   #113
child of Thor
Emperor

If i find some pics of things that might be good for using as Wonder graphics what is the prefered file extension for them and do i need to have different faceings for them or will one do? I usually save my pics in GIF format but i could send em in BMP(but it takes more memory). Some stuff attached plus Sheep/Zebra/Wolf for resource tiles(?)

EDIT: If i'm being very 'amateur' someone needs to tell me - else i'll keep posting not usefull stuff
Attached Files:
File Type: zip colleseum.zip (59.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by child of Thor; April 9, 2002 at 17:11.
Old April 10, 2002, 01:56   #114
Leonidas
King

child of Thor: Your efforts, like everyone's here, are very much appreciated. Anything you find that you think might help, let us know. . .
Old April 10, 2002, 05:10   #115
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

I am sorry to say this but were the hell are you getting toes cac pics from I Havant seen half toes missions and I got both the original and add on
Old April 10, 2002, 15:37   #116
child of Thor
Emperor

from various web-sites, that last bunch was from one of the fan-based Ceaser3 sites. Have you had any luck getting building pics extracted from the game files(I guess you got Pharoh)?

Old April 10, 2002, 18:24   #117
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

CoT: any format's a good format. *.jpgs are probably the best for size without loss of quality, but whatever, I can convert no problems.
I didn't use the pyramid in the above shot, I used the one Locutus posted on page 2 (I think), but it scales down quite well. PhotoExpress allows me to sharpen the image after resizing, so it looks (IMO...) alright.

So I'll go for the Sagrada Familia and a Mosque if I can find it. The graphics for the hanging gardens are rare as well, so that might need replacing. In which case I will go for Notre Dame or the Kremlin.

Here are the first 7:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	first7.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	13176  
Old April 10, 2002, 18:32   #118
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

One on the left is the Pharos Lighthouse, then from the top left:
Temple of Jerusalem (no, really ); Chichen Itza; Temple of Zeus; Great Pyramid at Giza; Pentagon; Colisseum.
Old April 10, 2002, 19:38   #119
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
The graphics for the hanging gardens are rare as well, so that might need replacing.
The one from Civ3 (of which I posted a screenshot on page 2) is no good?
Old April 10, 2002, 19:44   #120
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I'll use it for now, but its not ideal IMO.