Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	13471  
Old April 17, 2002, 05:11   #152
The Big Mc
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 21:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What about using some old the old civ2 graphics I only had it for the playstation but on that copy there was a view city command was there one for the PC and if so why can’t we use some of them.

And any way has anybody had the idea to make a dam may be interesting
Old April 17, 2002, 06:51   #153
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:56
Nice work guys. This is yet one more unique achievement for the Ctp2 community here.
Old April 17, 2002, 17:49   #154
Leonidas
King

Immortal Wombat:

That black and white of the Taj Mahal looks to be almost at the perfect angle.

Is there any way to colourize it?

Any artists out there willing to give it a go?
Old April 17, 2002, 20:37   #155
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:56
I put some SimCity3000 pics in the Locutus/wonderart folder. 20-25 files out of 95 (according to some websites). The Taj Mahal thingie doesn't look too good but it's bette than nothing. Dome of the Rock, Aya Sofia and Eiffel Tower look much better than the existing ones...

(see website for rest of pics - FTP: ftp.250free.com; user: ctpmodmakers; password: bl00drun)

Last edited by Locutus; April 17, 2002 at 20:42.
Old April 17, 2002, 22:30   #156
Leonidas
King

Locutus: Those are great looking pics

Man, this thing is looking better and better. . .

The Wonders definitely look better with trees, etc around them - gives them a "complete" look.
Old April 18, 2002, 08:02   #157
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 22:56
They are good pics Locutus, I'll look at doing them at the weekend . I 'll probably use that Taj Mahal, I'm not confident I 'll be able to do anything with the black and white one.
Old April 21, 2002, 21:20   #158
:) Smiley
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 14:56
Run some searches for Sim City fan sites with building downloads... lots of good stuff there. More modern buildings mostly, some may be good for futuristic landmarks.

examples:
www.simarchitect.com
freechinataiwan.tripod.com
Old April 22, 2002, 18:48   #159
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Smiley, I did do that but I didn't find either of the sites you mentioned, thanks for the links. They don't contain anything *really* useful though. The only thing we're *really* looking for at the moment (AFAIK) is Angkor Wat...
Old April 22, 2002, 19:53   #160
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Btw, what is the status of the city expansion trigger? This would go very well with the wonder code.
Old April 23, 2002, 06:06   #161
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Its possible, I just need to work on it, but I don't know ATM if I can run both at once, it depends on finding space in the tile files that works.
Old April 28, 2002, 14:33   #162
Leonidas
King

Immortal Wombat: I came across this picture of Stonehenge accidentally, and thought it might be useful:

Old April 29, 2002, 11:06   #163
Locutus
Deity

It would be really cool to have city expansion and wonders in the same game, sacrifice a few wonders to make room if you must (we could do without the Blue Mosque or Temple of Solomon as far as I'm concerned)...
Old April 29, 2002, 13:00   #164
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Which takes priority. If there is limited space, will wonders be cleared for building work? Or only if they're an age behind maybe?

I'm sorry nothing has happened for a while, I'm being kept very busy at the moment, and I'll be working flat out until mid-June. Stupid AS exams.
I will get this lot sorted out.
Old April 29, 2002, 14:04   #165
Locutus
Deity

You mean on the map? Can't you make it so that both are displayed? If there are 'suburbs' south of the city, place the wonder pic north (and vice versa) - just find an empty tile for the one that comes last. Or do the 'suburbs' take up all the room around the city? In that case I'd give wonders precedence as there should only be one or two per city opposed to 6 or more 'suburbs'...
Old April 29, 2002, 15:00   #166
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

If this city sprawl is the same code as the mod(Blueo's?), then the 'sprawl' does take up a lot of tile space(from the pic in the download section), you really might need a limit on Wonders per city to fit them in. I think it would be sad to lose your Wonders, but i guess that did happen(the Colossus), and if your city is destroyed then maybe that could count too. Any chance of a 'hack' pic of what it might look like combined(sprawl+Wonders)?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old April 29, 2002, 15:28   #167
Locutus
Deity

Regardless of how Ben implements it, in my mod (if I ever get around to making it ) I will definitely limit the number of wonders to 1 per city (maybe 2, but certainly no more)...

A combined pic would be nice, but we haven't even seen a pic of city sprawl alone, I don't even know if it exists yet. Ben?
Old April 29, 2002, 16:51   #168
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

It does, but the code does not. It looks exactly the same as BlueOs mod as far as possible.
Old April 29, 2002, 17:36   #169
child of Thor
Emperor

City Sprawl(ala BlueO), where would you put a pyramid in that lot?!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	altscimod.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	14337  
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Old April 29, 2002, 19:24   #170
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Regardless of how Ben implements it, in my mod (if I ever get around to making it ) I will definitely limit the number of wonders to 1 per city (maybe 2, but certainly no more)...
I'd make it two if I were you. Quite often it's handy to combine two wonders in one city (ie: single city science boosters like telescope).
Old April 29, 2002, 21:17   #171
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

My idea for the sprawl code would be for it to use the smallest city size pic for the current era. This may cut down on the pics needed.
If this code is limited to the squares adjoining a city tile, I would only have a city sprawl when it's radius increased, thus leaving several spaces for wonders. I guess wonders would have to trump sprawl if a tile was not free, since the wonders provide valuable info on the city, while the sprawl is mostly eye candy.
What would happen if a city built more than 8 wonders? The AIs seem to concentrate most all of their efforts to their capital.
Anyway, I don't see why the available tiles have to be limited to those immediately around a city. I seem to remember Wouter telling me the Elite code could be modified to survey tiles out a radius of two squares for the terrain modifier. Hopefully the Elite code and these new triggers can be similar.
Old April 30, 2002, 02:22   #172
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 18:56
I really want the city expansion more than any other code. Even more than the visible wonder code.
So i made some city expansion to boost this project.
A small and a big Ancient city expansion
I hope you like it and it fits to this project.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagem.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	14363  
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; April 30, 2002 at 02:29.
Old April 30, 2002, 10:57   #173
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

CoT: Having played a OCC game with the express aim of getting as much expansion as possible, I think it is fairly safe to say that screenshot is mock-up, and not likely to occur in an actual game, however wonders will take precedent over sprawl when positioning on the map. If necessary, some suburbs can be, how to put it... demolished

Wes,
Quote:
My idea for the sprawl code would be for it to use the smallest city size pic for the current era. This may cut down on the pics needed.
That would cut down on pictures needed,but to be used as tileimps, they'd still have to be in the tile file, and as its the space there that is at a premium, its no saving. BlueOs pics are sufficient I think.

Pedrunn, they are very useful, I'll stick them in as another age before BlueO's earliest style if I can, and if the resizing doesn't mess it up
Old April 30, 2002, 13:42   #174
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 18:56
But Blue doesnt have a good one for industrial age. If you want i can make one.
-Jean Rostand
Old April 30, 2002, 14:09   #175
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

That is true, but if I were to use your ancient one, then BlueOs red roofs could be an industrial city spread perhaps. If you have time and want to make one, then go ahead, I'll be very grateful, but its not absolutely necessary.
Old April 30, 2002, 14:26   #176
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 16:56
Perhaps city sprawl can be limited to no more than 2-3 tiles, to give the effect that the city is growing, and that will allow for several wonders too.

From a purely visual standpoint, not all Wonders need to have the visual either.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old April 30, 2002, 15:14   #177
child of Thor
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
If necessary, some suburbs can be, how to put it... demolished
I know your type - you evil property developer

Hex's idea of a limit to city sprawl of a few tiles should still leave Modders with space for a few wonders if they want that many.

Hex what do you mean by that last bit about from a visual point they don't need to be visual? Is that Graphic designer talk or have i missed something?

Old April 30, 2002, 15:39   #178
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 16:56
...errr, ummm, I meant that not all of the wonders need to have an icon on the map. (After all, how would you put Penicillian on the map).

Yeah, that's the ticket.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old April 30, 2002, 15:45   #179
child of Thor
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by hexagonian
...errr, ummm, I meant that not all of the wonders need to have an icon on the map. (After all, how would you put Penicillian on the map).

Yeah, that's the ticket.
what about a cube of sugar?just a very big cube of sugar! Oh and a spoon too.

Old April 30, 2002, 17:32   #180
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

There will only be the structure wonders visible on the map, the list of 21 out of 35 is it?

Personally, I like the way the expansion can crowd out the city areas. Look at Mexico City now... I think (tentative) that if requested, it can be made possible to prevent cities growing at all if their is no space to house the additional popuation, and I think that this is a very good way of adding another rich-get-poorer element, so that the bad effects of over-developemnt and over-popualtion are weighed in. Without something like this, the feature would be almost pure eye-candy, and though pleasant, a bit of a waste of customisability to use it on mere aestetics, no?