Old February 4, 2001, 23:39   #1
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 19:44
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Be Careful . . .
Some of you who have posted some original ideas may already realize this, but for those who don't - be careful what you ask for.

I have read posts in here that seem to be asking for ideas that would make Civilization III more complicated and less fun. Before you know it, we no longer have a sequel to a great legacy, but an entirely new, unfamiliar game.

There may be no real harm in posting our daydreams or great original ideas that could realistically be implemented, but what if we end up with a game totally unfamiliar from Civilization II because Firaxis changed TOO MUCH of a great thing? just my thoughts
Old February 5, 2001, 10:22   #2
MrFun
Emperor

just a bump
Old February 5, 2001, 18:11   #3
Ralf
King

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Good point, MrFun. Thumbs up!

One thing for sure. Dedicated fans can be the developer-teams best friends & fans before an eagerly anticipated game-release, then quickly turn into raging & ranting mob after that same release. Just check out below link:

The IGN-review is an outrage (unbiased opinion)

Now, compare that with player-reactions over at the CTP-2 section TODAY. A pretty dramatic change.

My advice to the Firaxis-team is:

Listen to your fans, yes - but, dont listen too much. If one dont personally stands the risk of loosing money (or whatever), its that much easier to come up with all kinds of lofty advices and suggestions.
The MOST important upgrade in Civ-3 is really the invisible one: how to design & implement solutions that makes the all-important/overall AI-task more easy and more fluid; thus more effective and efficient - at least on a strategical & logistical level.

Im crossing my fingers, for you guys at Firaxis.
Old February 5, 2001, 21:20   #4
MrFun
Emperor

Yes - I agree with you on that.

Improvement in the AI area would not be too drastic of a change for any game, so I hope Firaxis is really considering AI suggestions.