Old June 8, 2002, 08:53   #61
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 23:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I don't think further tweaking of the chinese is needed, they've allready been improved in this version, right?
Old June 8, 2002, 13:02   #62
klesh
King

Local Time: 18:02
Quote:
Originally posted by winterfritz One thing, FMK: Can I suggest just a little further tweaking to make the Chinese playable in this pbem version of 2194 Days of yours? They had an important role in the war, tying down practically the whole Japanese land army, and having their fair share of impressive victories and campaigns. I think they would be very interesting to have as a human controlled option.
Well, Nemo set them to not even have the ability to build light tanks, or motorized infantry, they dont have automobile. However he did give them the 'Flying Tigers' event-based fighter units. I dont think event-based light tanks would be proper, though they would allow for more appropriate numbers of Chinese tanks in that area. As I see it now, they do hold up the japanese fairly well already. One cannot advance headlong through China now, as you'll need alot more troops if you care to invade the US. The Chinese, with their lack of heavier weapons, do not mount strong attacks, and will need to wait for the Soviets to bail them out. I think this is fairly historical. I did give the Chinese a few more natnl infantry and artillery farther to the west, which will drag the Japanese campaign out a bit more too.

Technically, you can play if you want. Its just not very fun. To make the Chinese more 'playable' would mean early threats to the Japanese home islands. Japan needs its breathing room imho, in order to be a real threat to the US homeland.

Feel free Jan to jump in if you really care to have a boring game as the Chinese... Being Chinese in the real war fasnt fun, and it shouldnt really be here either, Right? What do you guys think?

-FMK.
Old June 8, 2002, 16:42   #63
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 17:02
I don't mind whether or not Jan plays: it's his choice to get bored
Old June 8, 2002, 18:50   #64
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 22:02
I must admit I hadn't checked out the actual chinese civ; I was just going by the 'not recommended' next to their name

Fighting for your life against an evil invading enemy with a technological superiority: wheres the boring in that? I don't think that they have to threaten the home islands to be interesting. And I think that a human China would definetely both make its conquest more difficult for the Japanese (as it really was; they didn't ever take much more than the cities they start with here) and enhance the game all round.

However, I am actually far too busy with exams to take the Chinese here; when I said that I'd play them I meant generally I will be interested to hear what kind of a fight the AI puts up against you, Henrik.

Last edited by winterfritz; June 8, 2002 at 19:29.
Old June 8, 2002, 18:53   #65
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 22:02
BTW, where can I download the latest version of the scen? I think you updated since I downloaded it FMK and I can't find the link to your site.
Old June 10, 2002, 07:32   #66
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 19:02
Perhaps the Chinese militias should be cheaper to produce, and some light mountain artillery can be provided (1 movement, all as roads?) for the Chinese player.

And in any other case... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENRIIIIIIIIIIK!!!!!!
Old June 10, 2002, 08:54   #67
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

It's FMKs turn
Not mine.
Old June 10, 2002, 17:34   #68
Dr. Nick
Deity

Dangit, he posted so much I figured it was the next after the soviet's...
Old June 11, 2002, 19:20   #69
klesh
King

Okay, sorry it took me so long. Been hella tired as of late, and this turn was difficult and crucial to boot. I played it 3 times in the past few days, and think I will be able to slow the Germans down enough for the Allies to catch up...

-Vasily Kleshnikov.
Attached Files:
File Type: net sovmov1942jan.net (221.4 KB, 2 views)
Old June 12, 2002, 10:03   #70
Henrik
Emperor

Imperial Japans Second Turn:
American West Coast bombed!
Only Seatle is left unharmed!

Several bombing raids by the japanese airforce has resulted in the total destruction of all american millitary presence on the west coast south of Seattle.

Day after day numerous japanese planes has covered the american continent in trotyl...

Pearl Harbour Occupied
Invassion of the American mainland is expected to follow!

Hundreds of japanese Imperial Marines siezed controll of Hawaii and surounding islands, after the initial bombing the americans put up virtually no defence at all.

It is expected that the Imperial Army is to launch an attack at the American mainland within short...

Japanese Expansion in south east Asia continues
Japenese troops are standing on the border to Brittish India!

In the pacific the cities of Port Moresby, Calcutta, Rangoon, Kuala Lumpur and after fierce fighting Singapore as well has fallen to the mighty japanese empire.

The Japanese army is now standing at the border of Brittish India and soon, it is said, Delhi and it suroundings will fall.

A minor brittish naval taskforce outside Port Moresby has been totaly destroyed and a squadron of American bombers over the skies of Rebaul has been shot down.

In China, the cities of Kaifeng, Chunking, Chengtu, Langchow and Urumchi has fallen to the Japanese advance.
However, several fighter squadrons has had to return to Okinawa for repairs, after heavy fighting with the Chinese Airforce...
Attached Files:
File Type: net turn2.net (221.4 KB, 2 views)
Old June 12, 2002, 11:48   #71
Dr. Nick
Deity

I can't downlaod it, please mail it.

m_carreras@hotmail.com
Old June 12, 2002, 12:38   #72
klesh
King

Done.
Old June 12, 2002, 17:00   #73
Dr. Nick
Deity

Bulleting from the front:

In an astonishing move, the German Luftwaffe descended upon the Red Armies in Russia and the Ukraine like a rain of death searing the ground with explosions and bullets. Tens of divisions of Russian infantry and tanks fled from the onslaught of the Luftwaffe, most of them destroyed completely. The pathetic Russian airforce in sorties of bombers was also crushed under the hand of Air Feldmarschal Goering who ordered that attacks personally.

Most Wermacht units in the east were given leave after the attack last December but fresh units arrived from the Fatherland struck out a decisive blow against Russia. Lead by General von Paulus, the town of Saratov was completely destroyed by Luftwaffe dive bombers, and the Wermacht marched upon Rostov. Making speed towards Stalingrad, the German advance made haste and destroyed Russian presence in Stalingrad effectivelly occupying it with its anti-tank defences and barracks intact. Several divisions of Panzergrenadiers have been moved in to secure the city from Russian attack.

In the Mediterranean the whole British fleet has been wiped out as well as several ships approaching from the Red Sea by the action of our brave Uboots. In the Atlantic, the German submarine is the scourge of the allied navy, having sunk over fifteen ships of various tonnages in the past month with the loss of only two submarines destroyed by the enemy.

The German ubermensch shall prevail over the inferior forces of the democratic nations, let alone those of the pathetic communists in Russia.

Deutschland Uber Alles! Uber alles in der Welt!
Old June 12, 2002, 17:16   #74
Dr. Nick
Deity

And the file.
Attached Files:
File Type: net germanturn2.net (221.4 KB, 3 views)
Old June 13, 2002, 22:52   #75
Dr. Nick
Deity

Der Grosse BUMP
Old June 18, 2002, 19:16   #76
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Bump for Case, no FMK not my turn
Old June 18, 2002, 19:35   #77
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 08:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Whoops I'll play my turn & post it in a few hours
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old June 18, 2002, 21:02   #78
klesh
King

Henrik made me do it you know.
Old June 18, 2002, 23:25   #79
Case
Emperor

The New York Times
Production Scandal Sees Secutary of Industry Sacked

President Roosevelt has been shocked by the missmanagement of the national war economy. Despite the President and General George Marshal ordering the constuction of barracks and hundreds of B-17s, it appears that the Secutary of Industry has instead ordered the construction of tens of thousands of trucks! The FBI is investigating rumors that the secutary was bribed by General Motors.

As punishment for this act of incompetence, President Roosevelt has sacked the secutary and General Marshal has had him drafted as a private into the 105th Infantry Regiment, which is currently stationed in Northern Alaska. In order to prevent this situation ever occuring again, the President has authorised the up and comming Senator Harry Truman to oversee the 'lazyciv' program.

USN Slaughters Subs!

In more cheerful news, the air and sea units of the United States Navy have sunk six enemy submarines.

Below: an unidentified U-Boat is hit by a depth charge off the US East Coast.

Attached Files:
File Type: net usaturn2.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old June 19, 2002, 00:56   #80
klesh
King

Case, if you still have your save with your production set correctly (or just DL it here) run lazyciv on it, and then load up your current turn. If you can be quick about redoing your turn I dont mind waiting for you.

Get some lazyciv and try it. Its quite simple to operate. Just load it up with your prod data from you previous finished turn, then swith production in the AI-altered save by starting lazyciv while you go through the scenario's civ/leader selection part of the menus.

-FMK.
Old June 19, 2002, 03:58   #81
Case
Emperor

Argh I can't get it to work, and the damn 'poly search function isn't working

Here's what I've tried:
1)
Load up old save
Load lazyciv
close save
close lazyciv
load Germansave2
load Lazyciv at select civ screen

2)
Drag old save onto lazyciv
load Germansave2
load Lazy civ at select civ screen

What am I doing wrong?
Old June 19, 2002, 05:33   #82
Henrik
Emperor

I can live with the GM coup
Seriously though, if you can't find a way to fix it, Japan promises it won't attack on it's next turn.
Old June 19, 2002, 08:16   #83
The ANZAC
King

so I guess, I'll wait no rush, just I will be away from June 22nd to July 1st and I need people to fill in for me. If anyone here wants to take over Britain for the time being, be my guest, I'd rather give it to one of you than have to give it to someone else.

FMK: that's what they all say
Old June 19, 2002, 10:49   #84
Xin Yu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 14:02
Case, that doesn't work. Unless you have used lazyciv in the previous turn you can't do anything this turn. I'm working on version 3 of the program which will allow you to copy a saved turn's production.
Old June 19, 2002, 19:09   #85
Case
Emperor

OK, thanks Xin.
This will teach me for not using Lazyciv in the first place

Henrik: thanks for that. I really apreciate it

ANZAC, seeing as I'm playing the US I'd probably the best person to take over the Brits.
Old June 19, 2002, 20:44   #86
The ANZAC
King

Case: sure take over, I'll send you the password.
Old June 21, 2002, 20:54   #87
Dr. Nick
Deity

Who's next?

*cries*
Old June 22, 2002, 01:10   #88
Case
Emperor

Er, The British, which is, er, me

I'll play & post in a few hours
Old June 22, 2002, 07:20   #89
Case
Emperor

The Times
RAF Strikes Back!

This month the RAF's Spitfire Squadrons have inflicted heavy casualties upon the enemy. Spitfires of the Far East Command have struck Japanese troops in India and Burma, Spitfires of the Desert Air Force have attacked Nazi tanks, and Fighters of Fighter Command have attacked Nazi targets in occupied Europe.

Below: A Free Polish Airman after returning from a mission over occupied Europe

The Times has learnt of a valiant sqadron which after getting lost over Germany and passing the 'point of no return', pressed on into Poland and destroyed several Nazi formations preparing to move into Russia. It is understood that these heroic pilots all sucessfull bailed out and have joined the Soviet Partisans.
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1942jan.net (221.4 KB, 3 views)
Old June 22, 2002, 17:49   #90
klesh
King

The curse strikes again!
Okay, someone has played with the wrong files. Note here that the zero-movement AA Batteries have somehow moved themselves.

I am sure I pressed Cntrl-N, but even if I did not, the AA's should not contain movement values anyway. If anything would happen, they would go from fortified to unfortified. Therefore we conclude that Cntrl-N pressing, or lackthereof did not cause this situation.

Can everyone check to see if they are playing with my version of this... where AA's are zero-move?

Thanks,

-FMK.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.gif
Views:	97
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	17944