Old March 24, 2002, 04:17   #1
Beren
Warlord

Local Time: 23:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Leaders appear more frequently
Leaders only rarely appear. Even if you build Heroic Epic it is rare to find a leader. Is there a possibility of increasing the chances of leaders?

You could of course make a lot cheap small wonders which all increase the chances.

Can you make the leader appearance ratio depend on the map size?
Old March 24, 2002, 06:42   #2
Hurricane
Warlord

Local Time: 00:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Leaders appear more frequently
Quote:
Originally posted by Beren
Leaders only rarely appear. Even if you build Heroic Epic it is rare to find a leader. Is there a possibility of increasing the chances of leaders?

You could of course make a lot cheap small wonders which all increase the chances.

Can you make the leader appearance ratio depend on the map size?
The Heroic Epic helps. Militaristic helps in that you get elites more easily, as do lots of Barracks / Sun Tzu. Just donīt let the elites die, and you will soon find that getting leaders is not that hard.

AFAIK, you canīt change the chance of appearance in the editor.
Old March 24, 2002, 10:25   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 15:08
No, there's nothing you can do about it, and I doubt very much if adding more versions of Heroic Epic will help. I don't think that would be an accumulative thing. In fact I tried it once, and it didn't seem to make any difference.
Old March 24, 2002, 11:18   #4
Sena
Settler

Local Time: 05:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Normally I always get 2 leaders in each game - Monarch Standard map - both with and without Heroic Epic. Still, I don't see any obvious effect of this small wonder.

So my later games I don't put myself wasting one leader on an army (on the purpose of building HE). I keep them for rushing important wonders.

Anyway I think 2 leaders per game is quite balance. Adding more leaders would lead game to, somehow, very unbalance and no challenge. Just my opinion.
Old March 24, 2002, 11:32   #5
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 15:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Sena
Normally I always get 2 leaders in each game - Monarch Standard map - both with and without Heroic Epic. Still, I don't see any obvious effect of this small wonder.
The numbers that have been bouncing around the forum are 1/16th chance of a Leader without HE, 1/12th with. So it's not a major difference by any means. I'm not sure how those numbers came about, but from my experience it seems about right.
Old March 24, 2002, 13:58   #6
Tarquelne
Warlord

Local Time: 17:08
In my experience there's a vast difference in Leader numbers between Militaristic and non-Militaristic civs. When I play a non-Militaristic civ Leaders are definetly "rare." When I play a Militaristic civ, though, 10+ Leaders doesn't seem uncommon. In fact, I've stopped playing Militaristic civs because of this. Maybe I just kept getting lucky...
Old March 24, 2002, 14:53   #7
rpodos
Warlord

Local Time: 17:08
Soren said that Militaristic has no impact on GL creation, just on unit promotions.

BUT... I still believe there are some other factors involved in GL creation, other than the 1/16 or 1/12 chances on elite wins.

Maybe it's just luck, but the swing from 1-2 GLs to 12-15 per game is just too wide for me. A lot of people have commented on seeing the same thing...

Haven't looked at the code, but maybe it's related to how certain civs interact... cultural links, mortal enemies, etc.

R