Old March 24, 2002, 15:26   #1
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hotel Giant Demo
OK, last night I found this demo for an upcoming game called Hotel Giant. From what I've played of it, I think this is the best tycoon-like game since rollercoaster tycoon. Basically, you manage a hotel and try to keep your guests happy. The demo only gives you the 1st 3 tutorial missions, so you don't get to build much else besides guest rooms and a lobby. It is a lot like a cross between the house-building portion of the Sims and Simtower. You place all the different objects in the guests rooms and listen to your guests complaints. The graphics are in full 3d and look pretty nice. Anyone who likes tycoon games should definitely give this a try.
Old April 25, 2002, 14:48   #2
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 00:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I tried the demo, and it was pretty bad...For soem reason I was never allowed to build anything

I like the idea of the game, BUT I hate when people who has no money to make the game a good looking 3D tycoon are tying to make it 3D. The graphics sucks, but I proberly would have bought the game if the graphics was made like The Sims!
Old April 25, 2002, 15:21   #3
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I thought the graphics were decent... did you play past the first tutorial? IIRC, you don't get to start building stuff until the 2nd tutorial.
Old April 26, 2002, 05:51   #4
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 00:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
(...) did you play past the first tutorial? IIRC, you don't get to start building stuff until the 2nd tutorial.
I did everything I had to do in the first totural, but for some reason I could never get to totural two, maybe my computer somehow messed it up