Old March 24, 2002, 18:03   #1
Dark Destroyer
Settler

Local Time: 22:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My ideas for improvements / wonders
In my games corruption tends to be a major problem (playing on large maps). I had an idea *ping!*

One or two advances seem to provide no advantage at all. One of which is "Printing Press". In real life one of the major reasons for lower corruption in society is the press. If the press tell the public how naughty politicians are, they are less likely to consider or get away with general nastiness. Tabloids will go well out of their way to set up stings to get a big story for their front pages.

So why not add a city improvement after researching printing press (or is this too early?). Perhaps this should only be available to Democracies and Republics (or would it still workin Monarchies and Communism?), or perhaps something different should be available to each government (secret police for commies or dukal palace for Monarchy).

Anotherone that got me thinking was the America bashing thread. Lets face it - america produces a lot of crap, sure. But the rest of the western world embraces this crap. No more so than American TV and Film. So hows aboot a Hollywood wonder than improves culture of each city in thier empire (if this is possible)?

The internet was suggested, but this benefit couldnt possibly benefit one civ, as freedom of info should be available to all, how about instead a broadband upgrade for each city for extra science(you may have to live in England to appreciate the difficuties of implementing this)

Any other ideas along these lines? Are these ideas any good?

Please keep any abuse confined to toilet humour and avoid ascertions about my sexuality.

Also will the next patch overwrite my custom .bic file?

Im off to play with some Babylons.
Old March 24, 2002, 18:08   #2
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 17:09
why does everyone whine about corruption? i don't even play as a commercial civ, and i have NO PROBLEMS with corruption, and i have huge ass empires that span the entire map. by the time it starts to become a little bit annoying, communism comes along and i'm set.
Old March 25, 2002, 09:34   #3
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 17:09
Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
why does everyone whine about corruption? i don't even play as a commercial civ, and i have NO PROBLEMS with corruption, and i have huge ass empires that span the entire map. by the time it starts to become a little bit annoying, communism comes along and i'm set.
I usualy wait until the Industrial age when my borders are will defined that I put up my FP. Even in democracy, the wrost cities are those who have only ~50% corruption. Granted, this is on Warlord, but hey, I'm entitled to a little quick game.
Old March 25, 2002, 11:12   #4
kailhun
Warlord

Local Time: 22:09
I cheat.

I use the editor to reduce corruption.

Robert