Old April 11, 2002, 17:56   #61
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by randommushroom
I'll play my turn tomorrow night. I love Civ3, but I love my girlfriend more.

Quote:
Originally posted by SKILORD i'm gonna have to back out. i've gotta cut down on my 5 Sg's due to a request from my girlfreind.
i'm still reading it (still don't have time to play it tho) and i notice this pattern. morons are obviously rather susceptible to female charms cya guys.
Old April 12, 2002, 05:40   #62
Tarquinius
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:15
Wow, a great leader!
I usally use the first leader to form an army, then I can build the heroic epic and military academy. In this game it seems even more attractive as we cannot build libararies and universities, so we will run out of buildings to build soon. So we will wage a lot of wars because we don't have anything to build but soldiers
Then the heroic epic and armies might come in handy
Old April 12, 2002, 11:35   #63
randommushroom
Warlord

Local Time: 17:15
I won't make my decision about the GL until I sit down with the game after work today, but odds favor an army to get the Heroic Epic.

Definitely don't want the Forbidden Palace yet. We'll want to put it in a place where we'll get another core of productive cities, and we may want to consider placing it on another continent than our starting one. Why? Right now, it looks like we're going to have an excellent chance of securing the home continent without too much trouble, and there's a very good chance that the Great Library will be built by another civ on another continent. Since we'll be going to war with that civ on that continent, if we could get some cities there through war and/or founding, along with a GL from the battles, we could then rush a Forb. Palace there, and use its productivity to ease the struggle of a cross ocean war.
Old April 12, 2002, 20:05   #64
randommushroom
Warlord

Okay, played it out. War has gone very well, and nearing the end, although our forces have been spread a little thin.

310 BC Renegotiate peace with Alexander. He gives us Pharsalos.

290 BC Swordsman chop and burn down Centralia, rewarded with 17 shiny round things, and more laborers. Temple whipped in Nagoya.

270 BC Yokohama founded near good smelling hills.

250 BC Swordsman army completed, sent towards Iroqouis front.

230 BC Swordsmen pound Allegheny into the dirt, finding 18 shiny round things in the dust.

210 BC Hi came in between turns, asking for peace, willing to part with two cities, plus something that he says would let us build stadiums for our moronic rabble. I decline, war good, war very good.

190 BC

170 BC

150 BC Salamanca falls to our guys with long sharp things. We immediately begin starving the idiots.

130 BC ---

110 BC Niagra Falls, well, falls. 28 gold, another worker. Shimoneski founded.

Whoops, took an extra turn, didn't I? Okay, the Iroquois are almost dust. Hopefully, Tarq you'll be able to use our army to win a battle and take Cattaragus. Workers have begun clearing forest to clear out an irrigation path to Kagoshima. Maybe I should have razed Salamanca, it looks like the Iroqs whipped the hell out of it. And our literacy rate remains at 0%.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip morons7.zip (77.0 KB, 1 views)
Old April 13, 2002, 04:33   #65
Tarquinius
Prince

Looks good randommushroom! Ill see what I can do. However, I don't have much time this weekend, I hope i can play, otherwise it will be monday.
Old April 15, 2002, 13:08   #66
randommushroom
Warlord

If you're subscribed to this thread, Tarq, posting this will let you know that Apolyton has come back online.
Old April 15, 2002, 13:38   #67
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 18:15
I just read something that fits our game...

We should set our science rate to zero and make one citizen somewhere a scientist. This way, none of our tax income is devoted to science and we still get regular research (40 turn maximum). This would maximize the gold per turn we get and minimize the money spent on science.
Old April 15, 2002, 13:44   #68
randommushroom
Warlord

Good idea, Dunk. Of course, we should find that scientist a cold, dark, and dank city.
Old April 16, 2002, 09:24   #69
dunk
Prince

If Tarquinius hasn't said anything by 8 or so, I'm going to skip him, ok?
Old April 16, 2002, 12:18   #70
randommushroom
Warlord

Okay. I hope that skips don't happen, but if it does happen, we'll then hope that Tarq returns and takes a turn immediately afterwards. Especially since I've been playtesting a variant I call the Pacifists, and have been having a bit of fun with a game where I can't build any offensive millitary.
Old April 16, 2002, 21:19   #71
dunk
Prince

I am playing now.

We need some more players. If anyone is reading along and would like to play, please let us know.
Old April 16, 2002, 22:14   #72
dunk
Prince

Here is the tale of Dunk III. The first Dunk in the line of Dunks to live exactly as long as he was supposed to. (In other words, I played the right number of turns. )

90 BC... The Iriquois sign a peace treaty with Greece. Dunk III says, "Oki doki. Not like they helped any anyhow."

Mr. Shaka ends our alliance against the Iriquois. Dunk III then buys Philosophy for 48 shiny things. Shaka says Philosophy is cool, so Dunk III immediately wanted it.

The bald-headed man advisor who calls himself "Minister of Skiance" or somesuch tells me that he figured out that there are many gods. I ask him what that means, and he says, "It means there are many gods." I tell him to leave and do whatever he likes with his 3 gold per turn. He says he will research some kind of gubberment where I get to where a shiny, pointy hat.

The city of Kyoto is told to build the Great Wall.

70 BC... The Zulu complete the Pyramids. Dunk III rubs the bald-headed woman advisor's head as she tells him.

50 BC... Kyoto is told to cease with the Great Wall and instead build a Heroic Epic which is a neat story about our guys with pointy metal sticks.

30 BC... The Iriquois city of Cattaraugus is taken. No shiny things are found among the debris. The Geeks, I mean Greeks, start building the Great Wall. The city of Athens finishes the Oracle.

10 BC... Zulu sign peace treaty with Iriquois. Moronland now stands alone against the vast empire of the Iriquois.

10 AD... Dunk III wonders why the year is the same as it was 20 years ago. The science advisor confuses him so he is sent away.

30 AD... The citizens of Cattaraugus are made into scientists so Dunk III is able to spend even less money on science. And there was much rejoicing.

50 AD... Matsuyama founded on iron deposit near Satsuma.

70 AD... General Tojo's army is defeated at Niagara Falls. And there was little rejoicing. A barbarian camp near Satsuma is destroyed.

Dunk III dies from considering how pointy his hat will be when the science advisor tells him he figured out the pointy hat gubberment.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip morons8.zip (85.8 KB, 2 views)
Old April 17, 2002, 10:43   #73
randommushroom
Warlord

Yow, this is a heck of a start, and we're going to be in great shape to whomp on the Zulus and Greeks.

I'm going to give Tarq a chance to check in and grab the game. If not, I'll play tomorrow evening.

Or, if anyone else is interested in joining, we could use a couple more bodies to play.
Old April 17, 2002, 15:21   #74
Tarquinius
Prince

Sorry guys, Ill play the game immediately, and will make a report of it shortly after, to make it up to you guys
Old April 17, 2002, 15:24   #75
randommushroom
Warlord

No problem, Tarq. Good to see ya back.
Old April 17, 2002, 17:01   #76
Tarquinius
Prince

I hope you don't mind, but I just wrote a short story about my turn, no the turn for turn thingy, it starts to get boring

Tarquinius the Stupid rises as the next emperor of the Japanese in 70 AD. A guy who wears an armour says we have a strong military. That pleases the emperor. "I advise you Sire, not to make peace with the pathetic Iroqouis. If we wipe them out, the people in the Iroqouis lands will understand it was meant to be that the Japanese rule the land!" "Yeah, whatever. Just get my heroic, uhmm epic it is right? ready before I die" "We will try sire but we estimate that you will die a dew decades before it is built..." "Then whip those people!!!!" The next few days, the advisors were trying to explain to the emperor whipping was not possible. When he finally understood it could not be changed he yelled: "Then make sure I get a lovely wife, who can give me a strong son to rule the hero..., uhmm lands!"
A few years later our generals proudly report they have destroyed the Iroqoius. About time. In 150 AD, after many unsuccesful tries, the empress gets a son. "Finally" the emperor cried out. How shall I call him? "Randomturn looks like a good name for him sire" the domestic advisor suggested. "Hmmm, Randomturn, good name! That is how he shall be called.
I want to begin the building of a great wonder in his honor! What are the options advisors" "We can start the Great Wall in Osaka sire." "Splendid, a long wall is just what I sought!"
"It will help us to keep the Zulus out of our lands sire, we just sent them out for the third time." "Well, I didn't think of that yet, but it is nice"

The last years of the emperor is reign were quite boring. Only some babarian uprisings the founding of a new city, and tresspassing Zulus.
The emperor died in 250 AD. His beloved son Randomturn will be the next, and maybe even the last emperor of Japan....
Old April 17, 2002, 17:05   #77
Tarquinius
Prince

I didn't do much this turn, just built temples, barracks and some spearmen etc. I first thought the zulus would declare war on me, but they went out of my territory. They went from polite to cautious though, after the third time I asked them to leave

We can change the Great Wall I started to the Hanging Gardens when it becomes available, I just didn't think of anything else to build

We have still a lot of space to expand, I built a settler, and built one city. We should be able to win this game with ease, anything else would be an utter dissapointment for me
Old April 17, 2002, 17:56   #78
randommushroom
Warlord

Great, now I just need an attachment to download.
Old April 19, 2002, 14:43   #79
dunk
Prince

I've upgraded to 1.21f. If all of us do that, should it matter?
Old April 19, 2002, 14:56   #80
randommushroom
Warlord

I'm figuring on patching this evening after work. Cross the old fingers that there'll be no problems with our game. I guess the main point would be is that if a game gets saved while using patch 1.21, a person would need 1.21 to open that save file.

I also understand that you can now compress the saves using 1.21. Which means that we can upload the .sav file and not have to use a zip program. That'll be easier.
Old April 19, 2002, 17:03   #81
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:15
in my experience, games from older versions work in the new versions but not the other way around...so all of you need to get it probably...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 20, 2002, 11:21   #82
Tarquinius
Prince

LOL totally forgot the savegame, sorry!!!
I couldn't log on earlier because my intenet was down for some time
Attached Files:
File Type: zip moronsforgotten.zip (91.0 KB, 2 views)
Old April 20, 2002, 11:49   #83
randommushroom
Warlord

I will see if I get a chance to play the game this afternoon. If not, I'll play it tomorrow.

I have upgraded to 1.21. After some initial and general problems, everything is now okay. So we will be playing the rest of this game using 1.21.
Old April 22, 2002, 11:32   #84
randommushroom
Warlord

Bah, I'm going to have to pass the turn to Dunk. Never got a chance to play yesterday, and my sister went into the hospital this morning.
Old April 23, 2002, 08:59   #85
dunk
Prince

I will play tonight. Why is your sister in the hospital? Is she ok?
Old April 23, 2002, 10:28   #86
randommushroom
Warlord

Yah, thankfully everything has turned out okay, and she's back at her home and I'll be able to get back to the normal routine of life, work, and CivIII.

Good luck on your round of turns, Dunk.
Old April 23, 2002, 10:35   #87
dunk
Prince

Glad to hear she's ok.
Old April 23, 2002, 15:38   #88
Tarquinius
Prince

Glad to hear it too!

To people who read this thread: We really could use some more players, so if you are interested, no matter how good you can play, please join us! Just tell us you want to join and you are in
Old April 23, 2002, 23:40   #89
dunk
Prince

And lo, in the year of our Great Pizza 250, Dunk IV took command of the vast Moron empire. And there was much rejoicing for Princess Random emerged from the doctor's hut unscathed in the same year.

250... Ho hum. Dunk IV considers where the settler near Cattaragus is going.

260... The Heroic Epic is completed in Kyoto. The masses are entertained by wild stories told by an old man with unkempt hair named Tarquiniosis.

270... Ho hum.

280... Hakodate is founded on a spice field. Dunk IV then realizes what that swordsman unit was doing fortified on a hill and rushes another settler in Cattagarus so that the proper location can be settled.

290 through 310... Ho hum.

320... Mr. Shaka of the Zulu sells the Morons Currency (a way to make all the shiny things look alike and weigh the same) for a world map and 180 shiny things. The science advisor says that this puts us in what he calls the "Middle Ages"... I asked him, "Middle of what?" He didn't know.

330... Mr. Alexander of the Greeks sells us this cockamamy story about how there is only one god for a world map and 400 shiny things. The science advisor tells Dunk that it brings us one step closer to having guys who are really good with swords and can run really fast.

The Zulu complete the Great Wall in Zimbabwe.

340 - 350... Ho hum.

Dunk IV chokes to death on the royal banquet of Pizza and Beer.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip morons9.zip (117.0 KB, 1 views)
Old April 25, 2002, 07:06   #90
Tarquinius
Prince

Princess Random
And was Tarquiniosis an attempt to spell my name?

But good job Dunk, now it is Queen's Randomturns turn to play