Old March 31, 2002, 10:23   #1
dikwhit
Settler

Local Time: 16:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thx again Infogames
Well I finally this morning have found it, the absolutely worst thing about civ3.While i can abide much, musketmen beating armor, sam batteries that do nothing, battleships taking decades to circle the globe(worse the larger the map) ive found the worst. The dreaded, reingning, undeafeated and unchallenged champion...... The Game Crasher. While most of us have run across the game closing on its own during an extended war-turn once or twice,reboot it no problem, not this time. Same worker unit cant disband,move ,improve or fortify. Cant be given away. Game crashes on any use of this unit other than skip turn.
Now, ive complained b4 about "timeliness" of patches, and gotten a split of agreement/disagreement i think we can all agree these game crashing bugs have to be addressed asap. We all have our horror stories of the worlds greatest civilization killed by a game locker and dammit enuffs enuff. I can handle getting my butt handed to me because of poor play, but not because of poor product support. We play the game to win it--- and you cant win it if you cant finish it.
Old March 31, 2002, 10:36   #2
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 17:24
is your game modded any at all? you are using the 1.17f patch right?
do you have the savegame that you could attach?
Old March 31, 2002, 10:43   #3
dikwhit
Settler

korn- only mods are snoopys graphics and no i dont have the save game.... i ranted, raved, made my thread and started a new game.also yes to 1.17f. its the first time it crashed i could not load and continue. Just frustrating- huge maps are a few days game as we all know but theres always the next game...... and another stop at the civ3homepage to see if the new patch is out.... yeah.......riiiiiiiiight.
Old March 31, 2002, 10:54   #4
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 17:24
dikwhit

how did it crash, was it an invalid page fault with some error text or did it just dump you to windows? do you possibly still have the save game in your autosaves?
Old March 31, 2002, 11:01   #5
dikwhit
Settler

no saves in auto save either it just came up with the civ.3 must close send error report/dont send banner and crashed back to windows.... ive had it happen occasionaly i.e. once every 3-4 games, where you get that banner, on an extended(modern era) war turn , but just reload it and no problem.... if i run accross it again ill post it but i think it was just 1 of the numerous bugs that occur occasionaly, workers attacking a city,civs that are ghosted, settler in ship when civ is destroyed crashes game, etc. Not much the average gamer can do but hope for more bug fixes. plz. pretty plz. pretty plz. w/ sugar on top. im begging here. So unbecoming for a world superpower.
Old March 31, 2002, 12:48   #6
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 18:24
nobody's game but yours crashes in that fashion. Do you really think it is the developers fault?
Old March 31, 2002, 13:06   #7
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 22:24
Quote:
Originally posted by dikwhit
no saves in auto save either it just came up with the civ.3 must close send error report/dont send banner and crashed back to windows.....
Hmmm......your not running explorer in the background are you? Sounds a bit like the explorer error reporting box you get from time to time?
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old March 31, 2002, 15:34   #8
dikwhit
Settler

jaguar-- all of those crashes listed in my previous post have been reported by other ppl in other threads so obviously im not the only 1. also the warfare crash i mentioned seems to only happen on huge maps ,or so it seems.
thor- box is very similiar to the windowsxp error reporting box so possibly its a os/game conflict? i dont know im far from an expert more of a lets try this and see how it works.This is the first thing that hasnt been just reload autosave and game is fine.

none of this will stop me from playing of course just need to vent once in a while and it helps venting to others that can commiserate as opposed to those who go "huh" i.e. wife/gf

thx for the input ppl... any1 who has run into any of these probs and has fixed them feel free to let me know. thx again.