Old March 31, 2002, 16:13   #1
dman2430
Settler

Local Time: 16:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
CPU Came back from the dead!!!
I was playing on Chieftan (this is my first game of Civ ever) when I came upon the Germans. They were really weak so I decided to take them out now. After a few turns, I had wiped out their three cities. I bought their World Map so I know that's all there were. The very next turn I checked to see if the German leader was still on the Foreign Advisor page. He was! I made peace & got his map again. He had made two cities again on the complete other half of the world!!!!!!!!!!!

I saved the game & then hit retire so I could look at the replay thingie at the end of the game. The very next turn after I destoyed his last city, the new one popped up. The next turn, another. How the heck did he do this. Is it a glitch or what? Try to explain.

Later Days,
Dylan :-)
Old March 31, 2002, 16:28   #2
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

This is just how it is in the game. If you have an early conquest of a civ, it will restart in another part of the world. It was like this in civ2 and SMAC, except you had the option of turning this off.
Old March 31, 2002, 17:01   #3
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 22:24
i feel your pain my friend.
i hate that happening, but some people like it. each to their own i suppose, but an option to turn it off like in Civ 1 & 2 would have been nice.
Old March 31, 2002, 19:43   #4
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 15:24
Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
This is just how it is in the game. If you have an early conquest of a civ, it will restart in another part of the world. It was like this in civ2 and SMAC, except you had the option of turning this off.
As well as in Civ I, though you didn't have the option of turning it off. It's a way of ensuring that you don't end up with a game with only a few civs remaining. It's not really anything to be concerned about, since they're usually restarting so late in the game, they'll always be weak afterwards. Most of the time they get taken out a short while later.
Old March 31, 2002, 19:46   #5
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 17:24
I want the option, I hate it sitting around until industrial age to strike.
Old March 31, 2002, 20:36   #6
sargon2
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:24
Re: CPU Came back from the dead!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by dman2430
I was playing on Chieftan (this is my first game of Civ ever) when I came upon the Germans. They were really weak so I decided to take them out now. After a few turns, I had wiped out their three cities. I bought their World Map so I know that's all there were. The very next turn I checked to see if the German leader was still on the Foreign Advisor page.

Know exactly what u mean. In my last game I extinguished the damn Americans. They lead war all over the world and threatened my Persian and Russian friends with their Nukes. So I landed at their coast and conquered and razed all of their damn cities. Man did they cry. Some slaves did I give the Russians and Persians as a gift.
After 3 turns I watched the foreign-advisor and took contact and they got suddenly a city far away - so I bribed their closest neighbour and 5 turns later nothing remembered America

Folks l never come to turns with aggressiv talking on fighting real peoples` names in Civ3 like I wiped out damn Civ X. Maybe I'm to soft for this game/world
It's ironical against nationalism.
Old March 31, 2002, 20:44   #7
PhoenixPhlame73
Chieftain

Same thing happened here, I chased the Aztecs around for about 50 turns, killing one city then another.....

It really is a pain in the a$$, and an option to turn it off would be good in a patch or mod.
Old March 31, 2002, 21:51   #8
dman2430
Settler

Geez, that sucks.

You're right, we need a patch or mod to fix that. Oh well, in 50 turns I'll wipe him out again. Really the bigger problem is that everyone got p*ssed at me when I attacked him so now the world is mad & he's not even dead. Oh well, maybe when I get killed I'll get to start over again.