Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	20369  
Old July 23, 2002, 02:39   #64
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Local Time: 18:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
But let's not get *too* cocky...

...besides, who ELSE would have a higher military rank than we would??
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	milrank1200bc.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	20370  
Old August 5, 2002, 06:12   #65
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 22:36
just a note to let you all know that i won't be able to do my turn if it comes around. I'm away from 10/8 to 22/8, so will have to pass to the next guy. Sorry(well not that sorry - sun and sand are a nice thing ). And good luck with the MP.Oh and the GoodMod tourney too!!
Jeez! It's busy round here!
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old August 11, 2002, 08:58   #66
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hey guys,
I'm currently having the worst ISP problems I've ever had. I've called my ISP helpdesk a dozen times and they keep saying my cables or my PCs are broken while I keep telling them 5 sets of cables and 2 PCs can't all break down at exactly the same time, especially not since they work fine when I test them. So we're kind of in a deadlock there; I can only hope the problem will be resolved before Christmas...

Anyway, this combined with the fact that my exams start tomorrow (and because of that I don't work or go to uni or some other place where they might have Internet) means that I have pretty much zero time or means to access Apolyton. However, I did receive a savegame from Hermann for Succession Game V just before my connection went down (yes, that was almost a week ago), which also reminded me I still had a game open for Succession Game VI Anyway, in between studying I managed to finish both games and I'm borrowing the neighbour's PC for a few minutes so I'm attaching the savegames here (no Internet, no email...). No elaborate stories this time, the above should explain why not

---

1200 BC
reformed Cork to remove Celtic Faith
created lots of farms and pastures around Cotz and Tonina and also some around Hextantin and Tikal
changed several build queues to ranged units, particularly the ones with Pezheterois (I don't like government-specific units)
attacked Mongol Hypapists outside Bokhara with Chichen Fingers

1190 BC
attacked Mongol Archer between Bokhara and Hextantin/Rhonndha with Chichen Fingers
army in Celtic territory, (re?)named Jaguar Warriors, attacks Celtic Hypaspists
riots in 3 Celtic cities, entertainers put to work throughout empire
pasture built near Rhymney
Hypaspists in Rhonndha built, now Mounted Archer

1180 BC
cease fire from Apolyton > accepted
more riots in Celtic cities, more entertainers used
100 Gold given to Apolyton & Byzantine
started Granary in Rhymney, after completing Hypaspits
Javalin Cavarly done in Hextapulis, now building Mounted Archer
pasture created near Cork

1170 BC
exchanged maps with Apolyton, reveiled a lot of terrain in Nubia
Mounted Archer finished in Tintagel, now building Chariot
Barbarian Mounted Archer spotted outside Tikal, destroyed by nearby army
Inca founded city just outside Huari, Huari Army moving in for the kill
took Armargh, the revolted former-Celtic city, whose inhabitants called themselves Macedonians. Macedonians defeated, 3 Maya Warriors of the Jaguar Warriors army killed. City starts building Hypaspits
recon shows Caerphilly is *very* heavily defended, planned attack on town cancelled, armies moving to Kells
roads constructed to connect Armargh to other Celtic cities

1160 BC
Mongols ambush Javalin and, at the cost of a Hoplite, destroy it
Hypaspits outside Kells attacked by Celtic Mounted Archer, defeats it.
Armargh reformed (was already converted to Celtic fate before capture)
Inca city of Pachacamac, near Huari, destroyed. Army of 6 Inca units parked just outside it
Cork builds Chariot, now building Hypaspits
Archer built in Huari, now building more Archers
Latifundias & Farms built near Tikal, Hextantin, Palenque
Kabah Kabna finished Ziggurat, now building Granary

1150 BC
Horse Armor discovered, Oligarchy started (wanted to go for Composite Bow and eventually Siege Weapons but we need more money or we won't be able to upgrade all our Slingers/Archers to Composite Archers; Tribunal Empire is a second long term goal so Oligarchy is needed anyway)
all Javalin Cavalry units upgraded to Horsemen (total cost: 6500 Gold, about 1000 Gold left in treasury)
Pacal almost finished Spartan Philosophy: reduced PW to 0, maxed out production, added Aristotle's Lyceum to build queue of Jaina, put Scientist in Jaina to work in the fields (), put 1 Laborer to work to max out production in Jaina
area between Bokhara, Karakorum, Hextantin and Rhonndha being filled up with size 2 and 3 stacks of Mongol units (11 stack sighted but it remains in the defensive - for now), several units designated to start clearing are now busy mopping up the area: 2 units cleaned up this turn
Uxmal builds Mounted Archer, starts another
Celtic units fortified in uninhabitable hill/forest/mountain lands north-west of Carmargh cleaned up by Jaguar Warriors

1140 BC
Nubians almost done with Spartan Philosophy as well
armies in Mongol border area merged into 1 big size 8 army, our units also merging into a large army, with another army from Apolyton border area moving in
Rhonnda builds Mounted Archer, now building Hypaspits
Hextantin finishes Archer, building another one
Cotz builds Archer, now building Horseman
Toltec builds Mounted Archer, building another one
Celtic Hoplite approaching Armargh defeated by size 5 army of Jaguar Reserves; army of 8 spotted in the area but another 2 10+ armies of mine moving in, plus size 8 Jaguar Warriors that cleaned up mountains/forest around Armargh
Gave Byzanines and Apolytoners 100 Gold, proposed Cease-Fire to Incans but is was rejected: we need to prevent war in the Apolyton/Inca border area, we're already stretching our limits in our war against the Celts & Mongols, which has a huge and impossible to defend frontline

1130 BC
Pacal completed Spartan Philosophy, Jaina switched to Aristotle's Lyceum without loosing production points; PW/Work Hour/Rations/Wages normalized
Palengue builds Mounted Archer, now building Horseman
Tintagel builds Chariot, now building Hypaspits

1120 BC
Two stacks attack Kells and take it; total loss: 18 units, many of which are technologically inferior though (explains the high number and also shows it's not that big a loss)
several Mounted Archers show up in Maya-occupied Gaul; all but one defeated by local defenders and passer-bies (passer-by?)
Huari & Tikal build Archers, start Horsemen
Cork builds Hypaspits, builds another one
Celts accepted a Cease-Fire, we can now strenghten our weakened frontlines and focus our offensive campaigns on the Mongols (and Caerphilly, we need Caerphilly (and Bokhara) to unite the two halfs of our road network - judging from my last recon, it'll take 2.5 high-tech armies)

1110 BC
Force 1 Earthquake near Hextantin
Hypaspits built in Rhonnda, more underway
Rhymney builds Granary, starts Mounted Archer
Farm build near Armargh
last Barbarian unit in Gallia Nostra defeated

1100 BC
Hextapulis builds Mounted Archer, starts Horseman
Celtic stack of 7 approaches Kells (defended by 7); 100 Gold give to Celts to hope they won't violate the Cease-Fire quite yet, we need more time to strenghten our lines
Barbarian Archer and 2 Mongol stacks (size 7 and 8) spotted in area around Rhonnda, 40 odd Mayan units also in the region and lining up for attacks, on what/who these attacks will be aimed on is up to my successor(s)
Entertainers throughout empire fired, more Laborers in Chichen
Attached Files:
File Type: zip pacal-maya-1100bc.zip (248.3 KB, 2 views)
Old August 11, 2002, 08:59   #67
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

map
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	team2-1100bc-map.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	21951  
Old August 11, 2002, 08:59   #68
Locutus
Deity

ranking
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	team2-1100bc-ranking.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	21953  
Old August 11, 2002, 09:01   #69
Locutus
Deity

minimap
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	team2-1100bc-minimap.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	21954  
Old August 12, 2002, 11:58   #70
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Well done, Locutus! May your battles with your ISP go as well!

<<1150 BC
Horse Armor discovered, Oligarchy started (wanted to go for Composite Bow and eventually Siege Weapons but we need more money or we won't be able to upgrade all our Slingers/Archers to Composite Archers; >>

Actually, that one is not a problem because Archers don't upgrade to Composite Archers. They both eventually upgrade to Crossbow.

That would be "passers-by" -- simple language, English.

I rather like pezheteroi because I spend a long time in that particular government, and they're cheap, but of course they *do* eventually go away, and they don't upgrade. I feel the same way about janissaries, and I tend to spend a REALLY long time in Caliphate. Then again, one problem with pezheteroi is that they are primarily a defensive unit...

So, with CoT on the beach, who is taking the game next? Hexagonian?
Old August 13, 2002, 20:18   #71
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard
Well done, Locutus! May your battles with your ISP go as well!
Well, they did, sort of... See that other SG thread...

Quote:
Actually, that one is not a problem because Archers don't upgrade to Composite Archers. They both eventually upgrade to Crossbow.
D'oh! Are you sure? Or do Slingers upgrade or something? I seem to recal having upgraded things to Composite Archers in the past... Oh well, I guess I was mistaken...

Quote:
That would be "passers-by" -- simple language, English.

Quote:
I rather like pezheteroi because I spend a long time in that particular government, and they're cheap, but of course they *do* eventually go away, and they don't upgrade. I feel the same way about janissaries, and I tend to spend a REALLY long time in Caliphate. Then again, one problem with pezheteroi is that they are primarily a defensive unit...
Hmm, I hate government specific units: I never disband any unit unless it's at least 2 ages behind on tech (and even then I only do it with some of them and only in cities where I desperately need production). But of course, opinions differ so it will be interesting to see how many Pezhetrois will be walking around when I get the game back again

Quote:
So, with CoT on the beach, who is taking the game next? Hexagonian?
I guess that would be yservel...
Old August 14, 2002, 08:41   #72
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus

D'oh! Are you sure? Or do Slingers upgrade or something? I seem to recal having upgraded things to Composite Archers in the past... Oh well, I guess I was mistaken...
Slingers upgrade to Archer, Archers upgrade to Crossbow...unless we edit...

Quote:
opinions differ so it will be interesting to see how many Pezhetrois will be walking around when I get the game back again
Actually, I don't stay *that* long in Republic, so building pezheteroi doesn't make much sense unless a city is under the hammer and needs cheap defense Right Now. Tribunal Empire lasts a while, and Caliphate lasts a LONG while...but what government path do the rest of you want?
Old August 14, 2002, 10:05   #73
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 17:36
From the mouth of hexagonian...

Slingers upgrade to Archers
Archers/Composites upgrade to Crossbow.

I generally go
Dynasty
City State
Republic
Tribunal Empire
Caliphate
(1.3 version)

In 1.32, I tried to make the other governments more viable, but I've been too busy to play and give them a try

Someone in our game keeps beelining us to Dictatorship - could be interesting. Praetorians are more durable.

BTW, I was using a lot of Janissaries (Caliphate) in my last game - something about not having any Slavemasters left...
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old August 21, 2002, 07:44   #74
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
I guess that would be yservel...
Hmmm... In all my recent PC problems I seem to have lost yservel's email address. Could someone either give me yservel's email address or mail yservel a heads-up that he should check this thread? For all I know he might not visit here as often as some of us do and not have spotted the savegame yet...
Old August 24, 2002, 10:51   #75
child of Thor
Emperor

I can mail him in a few mins, +if no answer i guess it's my go next then.

Ok i got a reply, his computer is playing up so i'm clear to play - one small problem: I really won't be able to do much till Sunday 31st(and it might be later) - if this is too late, or if someone has already started the turn then let me know and i'll forfit this one.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Last edited by child of Thor; August 29, 2002 at 04:22.
Old September 2, 2002, 10:21   #76
child of Thor
Emperor

sorry no chance to sneak a game in!!(i'm getting slack!)
R.L is to blame.....bloody spoilsport that it is sometimes.

Next person?

Old September 2, 2002, 19:10   #77
Locutus
Deity

Well, if you CoT and yservel can't play, the game should pass to hexagonian, I believe...

So Dave, your turn...
Old September 4, 2002, 15:14   #78
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

...if somebody sends me a file.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
Old September 4, 2002, 16:47   #79
Locutus
Deity

I attached it above (couldn't access email at the time), but I now also mailed it to you.
Old September 6, 2002, 10:58   #80
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

I will forward the gamefile to the next player later today (corrupted zip file on the floppy I brought to work). Here's what transpired though.

The Record of the Family of the Great Conquering EYE, They Who Rule the Earth

1090BC
The cowardly in-cans attack our peace-loving forces outside of Huari. The in-can dogs are struck down without mercy. Those who were formerly Our brothers are now considered Our hated enemy.

In a pattern that has been repeated over and over, The EYE begins the long process of marshalling forces to expand Mayan borders.

1080BC
A brutal battle, as the mong(r)olian dogs strike at large force of Mayan Elites. Many Mayan soldiers journey to the afterlife, only after dragging the mong(r)ols dogs to a fiery hell. The EYE declares this to be a moral victory.

The craven celts demand removal of peaceful Mayan troops from Our rightful soil. The EYE demands 500 gold shekels as tribute. The celts have the audacity to refuse Our reasonable request. Troops are marshalled to prepare for the inevitable backstab by the celts.

With Our coffers running low, social scientists discover a means to generate even more gold by giving the merchant class the right to become government officials. Bribes are expected to rise 127%, and are expected to help fill Our treasury.

1060BC
As foretold, the celt worms attack Mayan units garrisoned outside of Kells. A lone Mayan archer survives the battle, and promptly runs into Kell tp brag about his bravery.

With the addition of merchant officials, We are able to boost national production, but at the cost of giving Our fat people even more to eat.

1040BC
The Mayan Academy of Useless Facts is pleased to welcome the great thinker Aristotle to their ranks. He did not come cheaply either. To celebrate, the Mayan Academy footbal team (the Fighting Jaguars) is emboldened to raid the mon(g)rolian sorority house BOK. In their zeal they manage to conquer Bokhara.

1030BC
Another embassy established with the apolytonites. More Bokara students executed outside of Our new city.

1000BC
The Fighting Jaguars attempt to pull the same stunt on Karakorum U, but are rebuffedd 12-1.

980BC
It is good to be powerful, as We threaten the celts with a grisly death, and they grovel for peace. We still note 24 celt units lurking about though.

970BC
The Fighting Jaguars lose another game to the mon(g)rolians 12-1 at Samarkand stadium, but weaknesses in the mon(g)rolian defensive scheme are stored away for future use. The mon(g)rolian recruitment from Karakorum is cut off.

940BC
Another Great Wonder is completed as the Hanging Gardens are open for public viewing. An apolytonite general (Nebuchadnezzer) is so impressed, that he defects to Maya. He promptly goes out and captures his first barbarian slave.

930BC
The mon(g)rols sue for peace. We laugh at them and promptly defeat the Samarkand Weasels 13-12. (Tiebreaker to Us)

920-900BC
More forces are marshalled. With the victories by our Fighting Jaguars, riots spill out in the streets, and we place national workdays back at a normal setting.

We are now the greatest nation in the world!
Old September 11, 2002, 00:42   #81
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

The Saga of Herm'ann IV, "The Scribe Killer"

Old September 11, 2002, 00:45   #82
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

The Mong(r)ol Remnant, 800 BC
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mongolremnant.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	24129  
Old September 11, 2002, 00:47   #83
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Spring, 800 BC, and in their annual migration, the Belfroi are returning to Caerphilly...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	belfroi800bc.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	24130  
Old September 11, 2002, 01:41   #84
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

The Secret History of Ninth Century Balam

[Historian’s Note: The following fragmentary account was assembled from unusual burials from the Mayan capital in the 9th Century BC. These burials included sheets of papyrus that had apparently been nailed to some of the bodies, wrapped tightly around the necks of other bodies, and rammed down the throat of still others. There is no reference in the text on these sheets to these evident acts of brutality. Something horrible happened to these people, but the nature remains a mystery. Another mystery is the complete lack of references to the ruler or to the ruling family, a shocking omission in Mayan record-keeping.]

890 BC Two barb war NE Palen, Kush legion marches Diplo. Big Celt army w Kells, confronted. Mongol army to relieve Karak. N.w units: bireme, 4 hyp, horse. Hammer and Anvil of Chi’pi

880 BC Barbs road N Palenq smashed two horse+Palenq. Hammer pursues Mongols as Anvil digs Horse Tonina

870 BC Battle of Chi’pi’s Anvil…breaks upon the Anvil like a cheap hammer…big chunk out of Anvil. More Mongols killed Kara. Chichen/Toltec riot in celebration. Work camp, forge, city wall Kells, horse, hyp.

860 BC ‘Poly trireme wrecking port Buhen, our coracle joins the fun. In-can bireme on Inland Sea. Work camp, M.Arch, Horse discovers barb M.Arch luring in sand dunes. Poly Rome refuse tech trades

850 BC Surprise attack by Kells, 12 Celts destr, 6 Mayan too. In league In-cans? EIGHT In-can biremes, two horse, hyp, nomad both sides Huari. Frontier Huari to attack horse, chariot rides ahead KIA. Killed, enslaved horsemen. Accidental Prophet of Samarkand. Celt cease-fire. BALLISTICS then Alchemy toward Iron…Legions. “Need mucho dinero.”

840 BC Assault Karakorum! Hammer blunted, Anvil finishes, Nebuchadnezzer. Seven lost but Capital ours! In-can nomad flees aboard ship. Mongol biremes Kells?? Large Celtic army seen behind border, small one besieging Nishapur 30 years? First 3 Belfroi, 2 Hyp. Enough Celtic insolence and Caerphilly.

830 BC Neb leads mopup. Chich Bazaar, belfroi, horse, C.Arch. Gather near Caerph

820 BC Mongol biremes prowl coasts, lone Celt. Jaina City Wall, forge, belfroi, hyp.

810 BC ALCHEMY! On…Iron…enemies may tremble. Belf Samar, Tolt, Hextant, Huari Apoth, Hyp Bazaar. Prophet takes break from recon, converts Caerphilly. Second army gathers nearby.

800 BC Bireme-infested Waters, belf Armagh, Hyp Bokh. The Belfroi are returning to Caerphilly. Death to Herm...
Old September 12, 2002, 12:16   #85
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

New Blood (How Mayan!)
The New Kid on the Block asked me to post his account for him, this time. I guess I wasn't clear enough that we're down to ten turns per round, and he got the bit in his teeth and did twenty turns. He apologetically offers to skip next round, but I told him that would mean more work for the rest of us!

His account follows in the next message.

-- Hermann
Old September 12, 2002, 12:24   #86
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

posted for Mark McL by HtL

it worked great. had a great time. did
all 20 turns. here are the chronicles and the file.

thanks. can't wait until the next round

The Mayan Chronicles, 800 BC-600 BC

Being the Listing of Events of the Reign of the Mac
Loch Lloid Dynasty.

800 BC – Being the first to find the smiling yet sadly
comatose body of the much lamented Herm'ann, IV of his line, the young court physician Mac Loch Loid
claimed the ancient right of “dibs” and had himself
crowned Mac da Foist. Noticing the extreme worry
shown by the Mayan people over the mismanagement of
the empire, Mac da Foist immediately embarked on a new
social program to show the Mayans that government
could be their friend. Thus, Mac da Foist,
immediately opened the storehouses of the empire and
declared a great feast, raising all rations. He also
cancelled all military construction and army draft
projects, and turned the resources of the empire into
the building of theaters, shrines and granaries. He
also declared the WCP -- work camp project – to give
full employment to all people, who would then build
these shrines, theaters and granaries to the benefit
of his people. The people of the capital were
offered jobs en masse to build the Appian Thruway and
Turnpike. A task to which more than two-thirds of the
population of Copain eagerly took to heart.

Negotiations were opened and immediately successful in
gaining a cease fire with the incans, mongols and
kushites, and a full peace treaty wit hthe Apolytonis.
The emperor noted that this was not a “peace at any
price” move, as each of the opposing rulers had been
bought off for a mere 400 ducats each.

790 BC – Mongol emissaries offered to freely exchange
maps.

780 BC – Embassy Opened in Kush

770 BC - Celtic interloppers convinced to leave the
vicinity of Armagh after trashing a mine

760 BC – The year of plenty. The year of latifundi,
farms, pastures built around the capital and other key
cities

750 BC – Naval construction program begun at the
“Sink Ports” in response to raiding by Byzantine
fleets

740 BC – Thanks to the WCP program, the people of
Copain completed the Appian Thruway and Turnpike, thus
coining the phrase “all tolls lead to copain.” Chief
Toll Collector Caesar appeared in the capital.

730 BC – The Legions are created. Iron working allows
the army to trade in its old weapons for nice shiny
new toys and much more effective armor. The
Hippocratic Oath becomes the new goal of the Mac
empire.

720 BC – As more and more theaters and shrines appear,
the need for entertainers is reduced, and more people
are put back to work. A night at the theater
convinces the Incan ambassador to make peace with the
Mac-Mayans

710 BC - The caravan construction project, phase one,
is completed. Routes worth 95 gold a turn opened up.

700 BC --- The caravan construction project, phase
two, is completed. Routes worth 47 gold a turn opened
up
The first of the new fleets wins a significant naval
victory against the byzantines near kells, thus saving
the rest of the coastline from their raiding.

690 BC – Byzantine raiders appear at Samarkand.
Invading forces quickly crushed, but fleets begin
raiding the coastline.

680 BC – The Combined Fleet of Kells formed. Grand
Naval Review of Three triremes led by the old Bireme,
Queen of Hoboken.

670 BC – Apolytonian ambassadors trade maps with the
Mac Maya

660 BC --Southern coasts freed from Byzantine raiders
by the Southern Fleet in the naval action known to
history as the “Samarkand Stern Chase”

640 BC – As physicians appear due to the Hippocratic
Oath advance, scientists turn their thoughts to
geometry

630 BC – 150 years of preaching by our prophet turns
Celtic Caerphilly into a city of our faith….and it
promptly revolts and declares itself indepent Etruria.
This occurs at a propitious time, as nearby occurred
the annual “gathering of the belfroi”….

620 BC – The Belfroi bombardment of Caerphilly begins.
More Belfroi , 7 legions and 8 mounted brigades move
to surround the city.
610 BC – Embassy opened in Apolyton. Scientists
having learned geometry decide to apply it to siege
warfare. Before they get very far, however, the
belfroi and legions take Caerphilly, adding it to the
empire. Herein begins the second great road
construction project, the “Caerphilly Bypass” --
this includes finally constructing the road in the old
Caerphilly gap and linking Caerphilly, Armagh, Kells
and Rhonnda in a great beltway tied to the Appian Toll
Roads.

600 BC – As the last surving adult male of the Mac
Loid dynasty mysteriously disappears, rumors are rife
throughout the land as to who shall take up the crown
of the Mayan…..
Old September 12, 2002, 12:37   #87
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Welcome Mark - Excellent job...

I've been playing 20 turns up 'til now - guess I'll have to take it down a notch. Should make the game more interesting as different leaders will have different approaches and less time to follow through on those approaches.
Old September 12, 2002, 12:49   #88
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Some images:

This is either a massive road construction project or the answer to the question, "Where did all the crates and barrels go?"

-- HtL
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	caerbypass.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	24228  
Old September 12, 2002, 12:50   #89
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

It's quiet on the Apolyton border.

Too quiet?
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	swborder.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	24229  
Old September 12, 2002, 12:53   #90
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

But perhaps the Apolytoners have other fish to fry...

[Hey, Mark! You do the work next time! And am I the only one doing only ten turns?]
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	otherside.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24230