Old April 6, 2002, 10:44   #1
ml_4da3
Warlord

Local Time: 23:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Apolyton tournament wanted
I miss the apolyton tournament games.. ..it was fun, i never submitted any contributions, just silently played the tournament games and compared my performances with the top players here.

Even if i was not so serious with the tournament play, it was a way to get a new game started; a way to sit down and play the game. Ordenarily i never have the energy to start a new game, but when the tournament games began here, it was soo fun. ..i miss those.

Cant apolyton begin some more tournaments, preferably on a regular basis, ex. 1 game every 2 months or so?
Old April 6, 2002, 12:11   #2
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 22:39
BillChin has set up an unofficial tourney game, which you might not have seen yet. my apologies if you have seen it.

it can be found in this thread.

it's a pretty tough start, though.
Old April 6, 2002, 13:17   #3
BillChin
Warlord

Local Time: 14:39
As the other reply stated I have an "unofficial" tourney game for April. I got tired of the non-response from the board leaders and decided half a loaf is better than whine Here is the thread with the zipped game file:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=46271

It is a Monarch level game as Zulu on a standard size map. There are 40 downloads as of this writing, with three replies on the spoiler and results thread. I am hoping for more participants, but what is, is.

A more organized game with more participants can be found on Civfanatics. Their April game is Warlord level as India. For players that are having a tough time on Monarch difficulty, the Warlord level game might be more fun. Here is that link:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3gotm/