Old March 7, 2001, 03:18   #1
tmarcl
Warlord

Local Time: 19:48
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Customizable Wonders
At least for the scenario builders, this would be something I'd like to see. For instance, you want to create a civilization that prospered due to it's maritime capability. To reflect this, you want a wonder that adds +1 production to a specific city (King Richard's Crusade)and adds a movement point to each ship (Lighthouse or Magellan's Expedition). Rather than build two wonders (and risk losing half the benefit in war), start out with a generic wonder. You have a list of primary and secondary effects to choose from, as well as the standard required advance and expiration advance. There is a base amount of shields required to build it, which is modified by the epoch it's being built in (the more advanced the epoch the more shields the wonders seem to require), as well as extra shields for each effect added.

Actually, this could also include customizable city improvements as well.

Marc
Old March 7, 2001, 09:08   #2
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 01:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Good Idea!
Now if they would only include an easier way of using season changes than how we do it in civ2...
Old March 7, 2001, 11:24   #3
carioca
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:48
quote:

Originally posted by Henrik on 03-07-2001 08:08 AM
Good Idea!
Now if they would only include an easier way of using season changes than how we do it in civ2...

How can we do that? I am working on a scenario with turn of 3 months each , how can I make a winter?
Old March 7, 2001, 11:43   #4
-- but not Snapcase

I fear any such list would be too limited for the full range of wonders one wants. Instead, I suggest that every Wonder or City Improvement would be defined by one or omre lines from the proprietary scripting language that Civ3 is bound to have. For example, to define the lighthouse, you'd type in an argument saying, essentially, all units that are trimeres of this civilization get the property of getting lost at sea set to zero. And so on.

Old March 7, 2001, 15:08   #5
wittlich

quote:

Originally posted by Henrik on 03-07-2001 12:45 PM
I sent you a PM

But remember carioca, don't post that PM on the forum!...err, oops, I'm bad - that wasn't really called for. Sorry I couldn't help myself with all of the latest hype going on. Sorry again, I'll just get off this band wagon since it's realy going nowhere.
[This message has been edited by wittlich (edited March 07, 2001).]

Old March 7, 2001, 16:45   #6
EnochF
Prince

Local Time: 16:48
This is one of the things I'd like to see in Civ 3. (I've been saying it all along, go ahead and check. ) I'd like to see a number of wonder effects that are not in the actual game, but are available for mod designers to play with. I'd also like to see some room for customization in the City Improvements and the Tech Advances as well. (For example, I get to decide if a technology gets the Philosophy bonus of an extra tech, or decreases the effects of temples, or increases the effects of pollution, or whatever else.)
Old March 8, 2001, 01:45   #7
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 01:48
quote:

Originally posted by carioca on 03-07-2001 10:24 AM
How can we do that? I am working on a scenario with turn of 3 months each , how can I make a winter?

I sent you a PM
Old March 9, 2001, 12:17   #8
carioca
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:48
quote:

Originally posted by wittlich on 03-07-2001 02:08 PM
But remember carioca, don't post that PM on the forum!...err, oops, I'm bad - that wasn't really called for. Sorry I couldn't help myself with all of the latest hype going on. Sorry again, I'll just get off this band wagon since it's realy going nowhere.
[This message has been edited by wittlich (edited March 07, 2001).]

I'm sorry but I dont understand this at all, what hype? (and whats a PM?)
Old March 9, 2001, 12:54   #9
airdrik
Prince

Local Time: 18:48
Private Message, Yin got in trouble for some stuff related to posting a private message on a forum, er sumething like that.
Old March 13, 2001, 05:01   #10
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 20:48
Didn't we ask for this in the beginning? I had assumed that it would be in there with all the demands for customization.