Old April 7, 2002, 21:39   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
How many workers have you captured at once?
What's your record for number of workers all captured at once? I think mine is about ten, 6 Indian workers & 2 Settlers, in a size 3 city. I was just when I saw the number of workers I caught.
Old April 7, 2002, 21:42   #2
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Lots. Probably about 10 or so.
Old April 7, 2002, 22:10   #3
nationalist
Warlord

Local Time: 17:42
I captured at least 15 after razing a size 24 city that the AI had based some settlers in.
"The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796
Old April 7, 2002, 23:26   #4
Carbon Copy
Settler

Define "at once"
Are we talking with one action, or over the course of one turn?

The most I've ever captured in one action probably resulted from razing a size 20+ city with a few workers in it (10-12 workers total). The most I've ever captured in a single turn probably had to be a time when I conquered an entire 17-city civ in one turn and snatched their entire worker corps, something like 15-20 workers, which was kind of impressive for an AI civ of that size. Could have had more if I razed instead of captured, but then I wouldn't have been able to capture the entire civ that turn.
Old April 7, 2002, 23:37   #5
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 14:42
Quote:
Originally posted by nationalist
I captured at least 15 after razing a size 24 city that the AI had based some settlers in.
Before the 1st patch, the Persians were moving their workers back & forth across a narrow path... he had at least 15 piled up on 1 square that I took.

I'm sure others have gotten more....
Old April 8, 2002, 00:35   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i'm talking about in the same action, with the same unit, in the same square.
Old April 8, 2002, 00:52   #7
Cyclotron
Never Ending StoriesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
King

16. I was mopping up the Japanese with modern armor, and they had moved all their workers up north into their last city to prevent me from capturing them. I took the city and razed it, and out came those 16 workers.
Old April 8, 2002, 06:57   #8
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

22, the egyptians kept herding them in their largest cities as in invaded. i think it was 5 settlers and 12 workers, and some cannons, but i could be wrong.
Old April 8, 2002, 07:46   #9
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 23:42
About 10, I don't remember exactly.

But there is something quite interesting to do with workers in the last city of a Civ (the capital). Try to trade the AI something in exchange with its last workers and do not let them to the attacker. I so got about 7 workers from Egypt in my current game before they were destroyed by Iroquois on another continent.
Old April 8, 2002, 12:27   #10
ALPHA WOLF 64
Prince

i've been in the upper 20s but thats because the workers scurried into the city then I razed it, thus getting those workers too. One game I have over 500 "slaves" running around which I'll never do again because it slows the game down horribly as they figure out what to do each turn. I eventually just started disbanding them for their 2 shields each. i wonder if that pisses the AI off.
Old April 8, 2002, 12:36   #11
N. Machiavelli
Prince

Local Time: 23:42
Approx 34. It was in my current game (1 city, Marla's World Map, correct starts, Romans, 16 civs, Diety....whew). Razed Tokyo in modern times, a size-29 city and had about 7 settlers and 4 or 5 workers.
Old April 8, 2002, 14:58   #12
godinex
Prince

12 in a 26 city