Old April 10, 2002, 18:30   #31
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I've finished one game. I'm stuck in the second game. The Japanese refuse to die. I've completely obliterated their civilization and I mean I'm absolutely sure of it, but the japanese AI player remains and is at war with me and my morale is sinking because I can't end the war. I'm not the only one who has experienced the problem. If Infogammes doesn't fix it I will use Civ 3 as a coaster and never buy any of their products again.
Old April 10, 2002, 20:42   #32
Il Duce
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:42
Too many
About 5 to the end of the industrial age on Marla's map
Old April 11, 2002, 10:08   #33
bigvic
Prince

Local Time: 17:42
I admit, of all the games I've started, I've only finished one!!! (domination victory, Persians). After a point I get bored or some patch induced problem arises, or I notice a critical stupid oversight in my mod (like I forgot to assign a unit cost for republic, so everyone is going republic and building infinately gigantic armies - and its into the industrial age. Aaarrrghh! @#*&^&$$!) Also, I love playing w/ the full compliment of civs, and stupidly overlooked in the editor the ability to allow more on smaller than gigantic maps, so games would take for freakin ever. Also I would start 16 diferent games, switching back and forth until one really grabbed my interest, or I got bored w/ the one I was on. Now I'm trying again, using smaller maps w/ full compliment of civs. A bit vicious early, lots of "rampaging blah blahs" eliminating "fledgeling blah blahs", but fun. A real example of social darwinism if ever there was one. Moves faster too. Got one now as Romans where after millenia of near constant warfare (much as a republic, I might add), I've finally managed to wrap up my entire continent, the biggest, and eliminate (absorb!!!) 6 entire civs. Now quietly building/developping in order to complete the task one day. HAIL CEASAR!
At least I have a great grasp of early/mid strategy, and now that I can handle it, the late game is still kind of fresh.

i like ibble blibble