Old April 8, 2002, 17:37   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Story Contest Round 3-Npminations
Here they are. Only one nomination carried over from last round!

1-One Lovely War by cbraund
2-Head Civver civman V and the Second Civil War: A history by civman2000
3-Crazed Greek Wanderings by Metaliturtle
4-Never Trust a Greek Bearing ... by jonoverbey
5-Zulu Rules by Samuel Johnson
6-Russian Rise by SKILORD
7-Fate of The Dragon by cbraund
8-Stages of the World by Metaliturtle

The nominations in bold have been seconded. Once there are 8 seconded nominations, a checkbox poll will be made, then the top 4 from that poll will advance to the final round.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; April 26, 2002 at 15:39.
Old April 10, 2002, 16:50   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

bump--only 15 views before this!!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old April 12, 2002, 17:40   #3
civman2000
Emperor

I'll nominate my own story, Head Civver civman V and the Second Civil War: A history

Old April 12, 2002, 17:42   #4
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 17:45
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
I'll second your story civman
Old April 12, 2002, 21:24   #5
civman2000
Emperor

And I'll nominate yours after a hysterical 2nd part!

Old April 12, 2002, 21:56   #6
civman2000
Emperor

What the hell, I'll nominate Never Trust a Greek Bearing ...by jonoverbey too..pretty short and a bit weird, but not that bad!

Old April 12, 2002, 23:12   #7
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

I think I'll second mine, I don't want to be the best, I just want to be the funniest... SO LAUGH DANGIT
Old April 15, 2002, 13:04   #8
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:45
i'll nominate Russian Rise.
Old April 15, 2002, 13:47   #9
Jeremy
Chieftain

I'm not sure about eligibility but I nominate Zulu Rules if I may. Are we nominating stories from this week or last week or waaaay back? Hmm, maybe I need to look at the rules.
Old April 15, 2002, 13:50   #10
ElDiablo
Chieftain

I second Zulu Rules...
"Listen lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, buit I built it all the same just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burnt down, fell over and then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're gonna get, lad, the strongest castle in these isles."
- Swamp King (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
Old April 15, 2002, 16:48   #11
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy
I'm not sure about eligibility but I nominate Zulu Rules if I may. Are we nominating stories from this week or last week or waaaay back? Hmm, maybe I need to look at the rules.
rules are being bumped back up...any story that hasnt gotten to the preliminaries of any previous contest or been unseconded but nominated for 2 rounds can be nominated...

Old April 17, 2002, 22:32   #12
civman2000
Emperor

5 spaces left, with 3 stories nominated but still unseconded and many new stories that just recently came out!!!

Old April 17, 2002, 22:58   #13
WTE_OzWolf
Warlord

Local Time: 22:45
I second Never Trust a Greek Bearing...
Old April 21, 2002, 00:38   #14
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I second Russian Rise
Old April 22, 2002, 17:20   #15
civman2000
Emperor

I nominate "Fate of the Dragon" by cbraund

Old April 23, 2002, 01:38   #16
Centauri18
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 15:45
I say Zulu Rules... well, rules.
Old April 23, 2002, 08:08   #17
ElDiablo
Chieftain

I second cbraund's "Fate of the Dragon"
"Listen lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, buit I built it all the same just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burnt down, fell over and then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're gonna get, lad, the strongest castle in these isles."
- Swamp King (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
Old April 23, 2002, 11:11   #18
civman2000
Emperor

I nominate Stages of the World by Metaliturtle

Old April 24, 2002, 01:15   #19
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I gotta second Stages of the World
Old April 24, 2002, 10:47   #20
civman2000
Emperor

with only one spot left, there is just one unseconded story, one lovely war. If it does not get the slot, it will permanently be dropped. There are also still 2 or 3 unnominated stories out there that could also get the spot....

Old April 25, 2002, 22:24   #21
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I second one lovely war, LETS VOTE