Old January 26, 2003, 14:52   #31
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 22:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Contest 13 Thread Numbers

64990 - Mike's Story by Chrisius Maximus
55801- Ghost of Thermopilie by Lord_Zalzabad
70665- The America Series by steamthunk

I'm only posting this for my own ease of use; as using thread numbers is easier than using direct post numbers to find threads

post numbers take a lot of work to type
vovansim must really love this contest to spend the time typing them!

I think I'll do the Best of the Best poll for 8-12 when I start the Round 16 nominations and Finish Round 14 and move round 15 into semifinals!

It'll be a BIG news item- hopefully many will come!
Old January 26, 2003, 15:54   #32
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 16:45
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
post numbers take a lot of work to type
vovansim must really love this contest to spend the time typing them!
Not that I don't love the story contest, but type the URL's? Hehe, no I don't do that. See that little "Link" text in the top-right corner of each post? Right-click -> Copy shortcut -> paste where needed, and voila, you have a correct link with no typing involved.
Spore page
Old January 26, 2003, 15:57   #33
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Also, I was looking at my post with the continuation of the contest history get buried in the middle of the thread, and I was thinking that maybe if you are going to PM Mark about so many things simultaneously, maybe it would be better if I start a new story contest history thread, and collect all of the links in the first post? That way, Mark could unsticky this thread, and top mine, and we would have all of the history combined in one place, rather than scattered around this thread.
Spore page
Old January 26, 2003, 18:58   #34
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 22:45
Quote:
Not that I don't love the story contest, but type the URL's? Hehe, no I don't do that. See that little "Link" text in the top-right corner of each post? Right-click -> Copy shortcut -> paste where needed, and voila, you have a correct link with no typing involved.
I didn't know it was that easy!
The way I found my threads was I looked at them in the regular place; then highlighted the mouse over them and copied and pasted the thread number on top of a saved address bar

Quote:
Also, I was looking at my post with the continuation of the contest history get buried in the middle of the thread, and I was thinking that maybe if you are going to PM Mark about so many things simultaneously, maybe it would be better if I start a new story contest history thread, and collect all of the links in the first post? That way, Mark could unsticky this thread, and top mine, and we would have all of the history combined in one place, rather than scattered around this thread.
Well, I was going to do that... but if you'll maintain it and enjoy it... then less work for me

Please, go ahead
Old January 26, 2003, 20:30   #35
vovan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
Well, I was going to do that... but if you'll maintain it and enjoy it... then less work for me

Please, go ahead
Yep, I'll do that.
Spore page
Old January 26, 2003, 21:40   #36
vovan
Emperor

Done. The new Story contest history thread is here:

Story Contest History {NEW}
Spore page