Old April 10, 2002, 21:15   #1
Space05us
King

Local Time: 10:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What happend to the stories?
What happend to all the stories you creative people made, they are one of the main reasons I come to the site
Old April 10, 2002, 21:17   #2
Il Duce
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why dont you check out the stories forum.
Old April 10, 2002, 21:21   #3
Space05us
King

there aren't any new ones
Old April 10, 2002, 21:38   #4
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:51
So make your own...
Old April 11, 2002, 09:53   #5
Space05us
King

Good idea except for the fact that I can't write stories worth crap, but I'll try so you can see.
Old April 11, 2002, 10:57   #6
dr.charm
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:51
I think a lot of people stopped playing the game. A lot of those inclined to write the stories want to play on a world map and got very frustrated when you couldn't do it. I myself have just come back to Civ3, refuse to download the 1.17 patch based on the obvious, glaring bugs and just got Marla's map (which, especially in it's current incarnation where it takes nothing to set the start locations properly THANK YOU MARLA!!!).

There are still huge problems with the game, and while these could be overlooked the first several times one played the game, they became increasingly frustrating as one tried to play more. And basically *A LOT* of people just got annoyed and gave up on the game. Maybe if it's fixed you'll see more stories... maybe not.

Interestingly, Marla's large Earth map has slowed tech to an absolute crawl! Haven't figured out why that is yet... I think that the tech settings have been changed a bit too much, but I'll have to play further to be sure. Also, because the map is *so* big, it virtually requires other changes to units and things to make it work properly, but it actually makes the game a heck of a lot closer to what Civ3 should have been out of the box (and *certainly* should *officially* be nearly six months after release).

Cheers,

Dr. Charm
Old April 11, 2002, 11:04   #7
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
there aren't any new ones
This is partly because of the rising popularity of sgs...I'm thinking of writing one soon though...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 11, 2002, 12:26   #8
Rotten999
Warlord

I'm concentrating on a more "serious" writing project at the moment, but I wouldn't rule out writing something here again...if I get a good enough idea.

There doesn't seem to be a huge decline in the number of stories...I still haven't read half the newer ones.

Civman: I'm really looking forward to a Civland story!
Old April 11, 2002, 13:55   #9
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 18:51
It's getting harder to find new angles to exploit. What i like is to surprise the reader but i find that after only 2 stories posted here i'm having difficulties finding a punchline.
I guess i could just follow the game and describe it as it goes but... it ain't my thing.
I have an idea for a story but i'm not certain how to go about it. And since i don't want to start without knowing how i'm going to finish... (like i did in The means and the end : the whole thing took me a month to write!)
I guess i'll post it when i can figure out a way to write it.
Old April 11, 2002, 13:57   #10
fezick31
Warlord

Local Time: 17:51
I imagine it has something to do with the time it takes to write a story. For me, course work takes precident to writing, which is why I have an incomplete story sitting around...

...I'll finish it, someday. Blame my professors for wanted 20 page term papers.

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...
Old April 11, 2002, 14:22   #11
Dom Pedro II
King

Local Time: 22:51
Never fear, friends! I am still quite into writing new stories. In fact, I have been crafting my History of Gaia that I will be releasing sometime soon. I have worked on it for weeks, and I would like to put it out as one edition rather than posting every couple of days or so... so stay tuned!

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old April 11, 2002, 20:49   #12
Jeremy
Chieftain

Stories take time.
Old April 11, 2002, 23:58   #13
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Check out my Crazed Greek Wanderings, it's the tale of how Alexander starts dominating the world.