Old April 11, 2002, 02:14   #1
Giovanni August
Warlord

Local Time: 23:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Torino (Turin) Piemonte ITALY / Augusta Taurinorum - Sub Alpes Italia
AI and braking of treaty.
In my latest game a very interesting fact happened.

I was Rome and after had conquered Egypt, Aztecs, Iroquois and America with the help of the Greece, me and alexander were sharing this huge continent.

On the other continent Germany had just killed Russia.

I had a RoP and a MPP with Greece, and i was selling them coal and a couple of luxuries.

Germany declared war on Greece, due to my MPP I begin the invasion ofthe German mainland. After 3 turns of war against Germany (and only 5-6 of MPP with Greece), The Greeks declared war on me !

Now i wonder... Greeks had a not expired RoP, MPP and a couple of payments thay had to give me for my coal.... so i think that probably Greece got a big hit for their treason.

Next turn Greece and Germany sign a peace treaty, looking in the foreign adv i saw that they signed for a RoP too.

How was that possible?, Does the AI receive panalities for breaking treties against the Humans? and the other Ais?

Saluti
Old April 11, 2002, 02:19   #2
Txurce
Prince

Local Time: 22:51
The Germans certainly didn't give them a penalty. I think there's little doubt that the AI has short-term memory loss where their fellow civs are concerned. The same applies for milder sins like signing a peace treaty with someone against whom you are allied.

I'm not sure how this affects diplomatic victory, other than to surmise that the AI votes based on how it feels about all the civs at that particular moment, with grudges reserved only for the human.
Old April 11, 2002, 03:14   #3
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 23:51
Giovanni, it sounds paradox, but I think your existing trade agreements with Greece are the key. They were probably up to switch to another government due to war weariness. As Monarchy and Communism both lack the commerce bonus, they probably could not afford to pay you off anymore. And if an AI is going bankrupt, it declares war.