Old April 11, 2002, 10:50   #1
exeter0
Warlord

Local Time: 08:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
MM2_SLC_Wouter.slc - Wonder Code
In my current game I noticed that when I build a number of wonders which gave a free city imporovement... the improvement did not dissapear from the build list.

It appears that the following have been omitted fromthe code:

// Academy (Aristotles Lyceum)
// Matter Decompiler (Central Matter Decompiler)
// Courthouse (Chichen Itza)
// Prison (Drug Rehab Act)
// City Walls (Great Wall)
// Brokerage (London Exchange)
// Forcefield (National Shield)
// Research Park (Silicon Valley)
// Granary (Stonehenge)

I have included them in MM2_SLC_Wouter.slc and it 'seems' to work fine... but I could be ignorant of other impacts.

Were these meant to be omitted? Are there constraints on applying them in the code?
-------------------------------------

Last edited by exeter0; April 11, 2002 at 10:56.
Old April 11, 2002, 12:57   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 23:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think that it was decided that the buildings would only be removed from the AI build lists, not the human ones. This is so you can prepare for its eventual obsoletion.
Old April 11, 2002, 13:03   #3
exeter0
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
I think that it was decided that the buildings would only be removed from the AI build lists, not the human ones. This is so you can prepare for its eventual obsoletion.
Does that imply that when the effects of the wonder are obsolete... the city improvements will not reappear in the list (because they now need to be built)?
Old April 12, 2002, 20:17   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:52
For the human they won't dissappear, so they don't have to reappear either... (BTW by commenting the outcommented lines of the code back in (1 line at the top, three near the bottom) you can make it so that the code will remove buildings for humans as well. But as IW said, that means that when the wonder goes obsolete, you'll all-of-a-sudden have tons of buildings of the associated type to build...
Old April 12, 2002, 20:36   #5
exeter0
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
For the human they won't dissappear, so they don't have to reappear either... (BTW by commenting the outcommented lines of the code back in (1 line at the top, three near the bottom) you can make it so that the code will remove buildings for humans as well. But as IW said, that means that when the wonder goes obsolete, you'll all-of-a-sudden have tons of buildings of the associated type to build...
I take your point... and I noticed the commented out code and end of If for removing the item for human players...

but i promise when I was testing that when I got a new wonder the associated building dissapeared from the improvement list!

Could this be because of any of the following:

- I went into cheat mode and swapped player. I switched to an AI race etc.

- I went into cheat mode and did a reload SLIC. (I noticed also that when I did this... all the special/elite units that I had researched were now available to me... even though they had 'officially' been awarded to another race.

That raises another question... does it work for the AI... if a wonder they built becomes obsolete... will they then be able to build the improvement?
Old April 16, 2002, 07:58   #6
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:52
Quote:
Originally posted by exeter0
but i promise when I was testing that when I got a new wonder the associated building dissapeared from the improvement list!

Could this be because of any of the following:

- I went into cheat mode and swapped player. I switched to an AI race etc.
- I went into cheat mode and did a reload SLIC. (I noticed also that when I did this... all the special/elite units that I had researched were now available to me... even though they had 'officially' been awarded to another race.
[/quote]
Hmm, that's odd. But if you messed around with the cheat mode and especially if you did a /reloadslic, that could explain this.

Quote:
That raises another question... does it work for the AI... if a wonder they built becomes obsolete... will they then be able to build the improvement?
Yes.