Old April 11, 2002, 15:19   #1
HuntrIsGod74831
Settler

Local Time: 22:53
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Probably been done a bajillion times before but...new civs in xpac/civ4?
What new civs should be in an xpac/civ4? personally, i vote for:

Spanish
Assyrians
Britain (I'm not too good with world history, but...aren't England, Britain, and United Kingdom the same thing? if so, then disregard this stupid comment )

and probly more that i cant think of now

Old April 11, 2002, 15:54   #2
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 17:53
And was there a specific reason why you needed to include all the smiles at the end of your post

I wouldn't recommend doing that many more times
Old April 11, 2002, 16:14   #3
Spec
Emperor

Re: Probably been done a bajillion times before but...new civs in xpac/civ4?
Quote:
Originally posted by HuntrIsGod74831
...and so on....
Ahhhhh newbies.

Anyway yes there are.

Spanish, Mongoles, Colts, Inuits, Turqus and Vickings.

Spec.
Old April 11, 2002, 16:29   #4
PsionicMind
Settler

Isnt the Civ3-Civilizations forum all about what civilizations to include in an expansion pack? Check out there for all sorts of discussions/debates
Old April 11, 2002, 16:36   #5
HuntrIsGod74831
Settler

umm...dude, im not a newbie, and your spelling leaves something to be desired. It would be

Spanish, Mongols, Celts, Inuits, Turks and Vikings.

as opposed to

Old April 11, 2002, 16:44   #6
Spec
Emperor

Quote:
umm...dude, im not a newbie, and your spelling leaves something to be desired. It would be

Spanish, Mongols, Celts, Inuits, Turks and Vikings.

as opposed to

Ooooooo. I see that you're insulted. I'm sorry I thought that 16 post was still newbie but you know......my mistake.

Oh, and I'm also sorry that english is not my first language. Thank you for correcting my stupid stupid miss-spellings...

As long as you get my point you crazed smiley dude you.

Spec.
Old April 11, 2002, 22:48   #7
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 08:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Probably been done a bajillion times before but...new civs in xpac/civ4?
Quote:

Britain (I'm not too good with world history, but...aren't England, Britain, and United Kingdom the same thing? if so, then disregard this stupid comment )
This is a very important distinction that the game-makers chose to ignore, or fudge; England is that part of the United Kingdom defined by the old kingdom of Cornwall and the Anglo-Saxon state formed out of the Heptarchy of the Germanic invaders. Britain/British refers to England and Wales and Scotland too (as part of Great Britain), and the United Kingdom was formed out of the kingdoms of Ireland, England and Scotland, and the principality of Wales.

However- James VI and I was the first to refer to a 'Great Britain' meaning the state formed out of his ascent to the throne in England on the death of Elizabeth I and his occupation of the throne of Scotland following the exile and death of his mother, Mary. True union with Scotland did not occur until 1707, and then from 1707 until 1800, the political entity thus formed was known as the united Kingdom of Great Britain. From 1801, the state was known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and from 1922 onwards, as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

There was also the Commonwealth and Free State of England, Wales and Ireland, which lasted from 1649-1654, which was succeeded by the Commonwealth of Great Britain and Ireland, upon the destruction of the Covenanters in Scotland, which was also known as the 'First British Republic.'

To confuse matters further, the Saxon Aelle of Sussex (died 491) is the first to refer to himself as 'bretwalda' meaning the primus inter pares of the Germanic rulers (basically, king of the Britons, or Britain) and Offa (died 796), ruler of Mercia, is the first to refer to himself as 'rex anglorum'- king of the English.

Anyway- English is not synonymous with British- that's the main thing.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old April 12, 2002, 01:47   #8
Beren
Warlord

Local Time: 23:53
Mongols, Koreans, Thai, Khmer, Javans, Medians, Phoenicians, Assyrians, Akkadians, Sumerians, Turks, Hittites, Lydians, Phrygians, Spartans, Atticans, Macedonians, Nubians, Ethiopians, Arabs, Crusaders, Hebrews, Byzantines, Huns, Yugoslavs, Polish, Czech, Swedish, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Zairian, South Africans, Angolans, Cubans, Canadians, Mexicans, Argentinians, Brazilians, Mayans, Incas, Olmecs, Toltecs, Zapotecs, Sioux, Cheyenne and everything else they can come up with.
Old April 12, 2002, 08:33   #9
Ribannah
Queen

Location: The Netherlands, Embassy of the Iroquois Confederacy
We already had a democratic vote on the subject, the result is in one of the topped threads.

Arabia, Ethiopia, Tiahuanaco, the Dutch and the Maya are some of my favourites.

Last edited by Ribannah; April 12, 2002 at 09:27.
Old April 13, 2002, 04:53   #10
siredgar
Prince

The Scots, Welsh, and Irish were all CONQUERED by the ENGLISH and that is why their identity is so important to them. Thus, it is not a true union. The "British" are not like the "Americans" in that sense.
Old April 15, 2002, 18:00   #11
Constantine
Settler

The Cherokee were an advanced tribe in America and would be a nice addition. The goths (Ostro or Visi) would also be good. An Austrian civ would be good, but tough to elaborate with cities unless the entire Austro-Hungarian empire is included. Nubians would be a great addition to Africa, maybe the Berbers as well.
Old April 29, 2002, 16:46   #12
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 18:53
Yes. Any civ is a good addition.
Old April 29, 2002, 21:58   #13
siredgar
Prince

LOL.
Old May 31, 2002, 17:14   #14
Fresno
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Constantine
Nubians would be a great addition to Africa, maybe the Berbers as well.
There should absolutely be more African civs. But why they ever chose Zulu...
Old June 2, 2002, 05:37   #15
Constantine
Settler

Ghana and Mali were once great african kingdoms, Africa needs to be filled up! The Americas too. Incas, Olmecs, Maya, Toltecs, Sioux, Cherokee, and Inuit should all be included...but won't.
Old June 2, 2002, 07:49   #16
Jethro83
Prince

Local Time: 08:53
My list, according to Marla's world map (this hasn't got anything to do with history, just even spacing)

- Germans
- Babylonians
- Persians
- Russians
- Chinese
- Indonesians
- Australians
- Egyptians
- Nubians
- Carthaginians
- Mali
- Zulu
- Americans
- Aztecs
- Incas
- Sioux

As for the civs that I would pick otherwise (based on my interest in the history of the civ, and their historical significance...), there are just too many to name.
Old June 11, 2002, 03:14   #17
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Beren
Mongols, Koreans, Thai, Khmer, Javans, Medians, Phoenicians, Assyrians, Akkadians, Sumerians, Turks, Hittites, Lydians, Phrygians, Spartans, Atticans, Macedonians, Nubians, Ethiopians, Arabs, Crusaders, Hebrews, Byzantines, Huns, Yugoslavs, Polish, Czech, Swedish, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Zairian, South Africans, Angolans, Cubans, Canadians, Mexicans, Argentinians, Brazilians, Mayans, Incas, Olmecs, Toltecs, Zapotecs, Sioux, Cheyenne and everything else they can come up with.
i'm sure one could add some more to this list (and btw: yugoslavia is/was actually a nation, formed out of a lot of civilizations ((serbian orthodox) serbs, (lots of 'em muslim) bosnians, (roman catholic) croats, (afaik catholic) slovenes, the macedonians you already named and some other smaller groups.

i'm definetly missing a native south american indian culture and some other africans. after all, humans did arise from africa (so one says).
Old June 11, 2002, 03:21   #18
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
i saw a poll about how many civs, more than half voted for 32, 64 or more.

i guess it would be great if the choice in the game would be bigger without having to use mods the whole time.

64 civs, some of you apolyton members are great artist (er... flicsters ) and your historic knowledge is superiour to that of the actual game developers. i'm sure they'd like if someone would help them for free firaxis could make a contest: 32 new civs (not ONLY 8 like CtP) each with UU (allthough they won't be too unique anymore ) and starting location. best ones get included in XP2 or CIV4 :-p