Old April 7, 2001, 19:04   #1
Angor
Settler

Local Time: 01:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Map grid problems
I apologize if this is old ground, but I've just started reading this forum and haven't seen this suggestion anywhere.

I noticed that in the new screenshots the game still uses the old and frustrating square-based map grid. I was really hoping the new version would improve on this by using hexes or something similar. Using squares makes movement and borders very cumbersome and illogical (diagonal movement etc.). Switching to a hex-based grid would make movement equal in all directions, and make city borders and all other borders a LOT more intuitive and easy to follow (as you probably can tell, I play a lot of strategic boardgames).

I don't know if this is a major design problem, but I hope it's possible. I really hate those squares! ;o)

- Nexus
Old April 7, 2001, 19:15   #2
Ilkuul
Prince

Local Time: 00:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by Angor on 04-07-2001 07:04 PM
I apologize if this is old ground, but I've just started reading this forum and haven't seen this suggestion anywhere...

You'll find this discussed not so long ago on this forum: see the topics "Hexes are more fun!", started by Tutunkamun, on Mar. 29; and "The Globe in 7 Hexes" by Ribannah on the same date.

(Change the date-range at the top of the forum to 'last 20 days' to find these topics.)