Old April 16, 2002, 17:05   #91
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 16:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"more irratating that getting into a MPP with a civ that declares war on someone the next turn"

Thrawn05, serves you right. I gave up MPP's long ago...Every civ for themselves
hooahh,

Just to add to this thread it is great that Firaxis is continuing to support this game. Civ3 is a great game but does need some work. For those among us that play CTP2, Activision unfortunately dropped support far too early...I don't see Firaxis doing this. Luckilly for CTP2, some fans and modders did not drop support and have made it into an extremely good game once it has been modded. CTP2 keeps getting better, hopefully Civ3 will do the same.
Old April 16, 2002, 17:24   #92
exeter0
Warlord

Local Time: 09:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unfortunately CIV3 is not as 'moddable' as CTP2
-------------------------------------
Old April 16, 2002, 18:11   #93
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 01:01
Quote:
Originally posted by exeter0
Unfortunately CIV3 is not as 'moddable' as CTP2
But with new patches...

Who knows?
Old April 16, 2002, 18:29   #94
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 15:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Kamrat X
LGT is not about the speed of the play, rather about that late in the game there is not much to do but move an obscene amount of settlers around and not that many improvements to build among other things.
If you ever got around to installing the 1.17f patch SHIFT-A the workers. I assume you meant workers. I SHIFT-A all but a small group of workers that I handle myself. That way the workers leave alone the stuff that is done allready and they have a high priority for pollution. They even stack more than two workers for pollution.
Old April 16, 2002, 20:00   #95
NorthSwordsman
Prince

Local Time: 18:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05

Activision has been on a dropped support for anything lately. Except for some sarcastic remarkes from the progammers (
That's why I boycott Activision and it's products. I know if I buy something from Activi$ion, it will not work properly, and they will not really try to fix it. If I see a product marked "Activi$ion", I just put it back on the shelf and look at something else. It's not worth the money. They are shooting themselves in the butt with that policy.
Old April 17, 2002, 03:22   #96
Zoid
inmate
C4DG The HordeCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG Southern Cross

Local Time: 00:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Ethelred

If you ever got around to installing the 1.17f patch SHIFT-A the workers. I assume you meant workers. I SHIFT-A all but a small group of workers that I handle myself. That way the workers leave alone the stuff that is done allready and they have a high priority for pollution. They even stack more than two workers for pollution.
DOH! Of course I meant workers... (Too much Civ2 lately...) And I tried that when the patch was released. I felt a brief surge of joy with the release of 1.17f, a joy that was soon muddled by the fact that you still had to SHIFT-A every different kind of unit īBut it did solve the worker problem somewhat.

However I still want something more to do in the late game besides fighting pollution and watch the game trundle towards the end...
Old April 17, 2002, 03:25   #97
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:01
You have half a point Karamat. OK a full point.

The Modern Era needs a major overhaul.

I hope it is in the works.
Old April 17, 2002, 03:57   #98
Deathwalker
Prince

Local Time: 23:01
What time are we getting the readme
Old April 17, 2002, 05:15   #99
Zoid
inmate
C4DG The HordeCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG Southern Cross

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
You have half a point Karamat. OK a full point.

The Modern Era needs a major overhaul.

I hope it is in the works.
I donīt want to rain on your parade or anything, but such a major overhaul is impossible to patch. Itīs hard coded IIRC, and it would mean that CIV3 becomes another game, really.

Direct your hopes towards CIV 4
Old April 17, 2002, 05:19   #100
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 17:01
What do you mean Kamrat? (Aplogies for the previous spelling).

You think the Modern era is unrecoverable? I don't think you have a very good imagination. I could fix it with a mod. I think the designers could fix it with the code.
Old April 17, 2002, 05:23   #101
Ethelred
King

Quote:

I donīt want to rain on your parade or anything, but such a major overhaul is impossible to patch. Itīs hard coded IIRC, and it would mean that CIV3 becomes another game, really.

Direct your hopes towards CIV 4

A simple rearanging of the tech in the Modern Age could be a major improvement. Then you would have time for a BIG war while building the Space Ship. Adding a couple of tech would help even more.
Old April 17, 2002, 06:56   #102
WarpStorm
King

All of which can be done with the current editor.
Old April 17, 2002, 06:58   #103
WarpStorm
King

Hard coded isn't as tough a nut to crack if you have the code. Firaxis could do anything they want to the code (time and money permitting , of course).
Old April 17, 2002, 08:45   #104
Zoid
inmate

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
What do you mean Kamrat? (Aplogies for the previous spelling).

You think the Modern era is unrecoverable? I don't think you have a very good imagination. I could fix it with a mod. I think the designers could fix it with the code.
What I mean is that the game is already done. What they do now is fine-tuning. They wonīt make a major overhaul of the modern era,īcause then itīll be another game, really.

Maybe we will see that in an expansion or something. but then weīll have to pay 25$ or so to get it.

I do have good imagination, but Iīm not good at modding. But IIRC thereīs a number of things that you canīt change in a mod. and this is the hard-coded part, right?
Old April 17, 2002, 08:48   #105
Zoid
inmate

Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
Hard coded isn't as tough a nut to crack if you have the code. Firaxis could do anything they want to the code (time and money permitting , of course).
This is exactly my point! WE donīt have the code, so WE canīt really alter all the things that make this game suck. Itīs not like itīs open source. Thereīs limits to modding also.
Old April 17, 2002, 08:49   #106
Zoid
inmate

Quote:
Originally posted by Ethelred

A simple rearanging of the tech in the Modern Age could be a major improvement. Then you would have time for a BIG war while building the Space Ship. Adding a couple of tech would help even more.
Can you do this with a mod?
Old April 17, 2002, 09:08   #107
Ethelred
King

Well I could if I wasn't lazy. It wouldn't take long to rearange things. Just change the dependencies for each tech. For instance make some of the Space Ship techs have one of the dead end techs as a prerequisite. The main idea would be to make the launch come after all the all the other tech except future tech.

Adding a couple of techs for the ship would be best though. Fusion for the power for instance and either an ion drive or a laser drive.

I would do the rearanging (without adding anything) myself but I prefer to play the game unmodded so I am playing the same game as most of the other players.
Old April 17, 2002, 09:11   #108
WarpStorm
King

Quote:

I donīt want to rain on your parade or anything, but such a major overhaul is impossible to patch. Itīs hard coded
This is exactly my point! WE donīt have the code, so WE canīt really alter all the things that make this game suck. Itīs not like itīs open source. Thereīs limits to modding also.
I assumed when you said patch you meant Firaxis doing the patch. Obviously, if something is hard-coded WE can't do anything about it, but Firaxis can patch it.

There are a lot of things that can be changed in the editor though to make the game more to your liking, if you try hard enough.