Old April 16, 2002, 04:01   #1
Boney
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 00:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
first post
I was feeling a little nostalgic, so I checked back to see what my first post here was. I was amazed that it was actually in this forum and was entitled 'impossible-easy ha ha ha' quite apt.

That was back in Jan 2001. I was actually a member before then but I forgot my handle and password, for the life of me I still cannot remember.

Anyway how many people can say their first post was a ctp2 post?
Old April 16, 2002, 04:14   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 01:03
Of the people posting here, quite a few actually. IW, Dale, Martin, OmniGod (remember him?) all arrived on these boards (or at least started posting) in the weeks around CtP2's release IIRC. But in your case I wouldn't be too sure: Apolyton changed server a while ago and most of the old posts went lost. Markos recovered most of the CtP1/2 posts by now but most of the old posts from the Civ2/Civ3/SMAC/Apolyton/Off-Topic/etc forums are probably lost for good, so you shouldn't be able to find any posts from those forums older than 9 months or so...

My first post was in CtP1-Creation BTW, I remember it like yesterday: it was an answer to a question about SLIC documentation
Old April 16, 2002, 06:16   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 00:03
Mine was in CtP1 creation too as well I think.
Old April 16, 2002, 07:10   #4
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Locutus:

Actually, I used to participate in CTP1's forums way back years ago. That was just after its release. However, I used a handle I don't like saying anymore as it got slandered in a heap of chat rooms, and basically, I couldn't show my face as that handle anymore. So I just decided one day to use my first name.
Old April 16, 2002, 07:25   #5
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Ben,
Not according to your profile... But you did indeed post a lot in CtP1-Creation in your early days...

Dale,
Now, I couldn't know that, now could I?
Aw, come on! Tell us what your old handle was! I promise it won't go beyond this thread
Old April 16, 2002, 07:46   #6
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Locutus:

You'll have to live in mystery. A lot of sadness associated with that handle. All because an ex I didn't work out with in Canada couldn't cope with it.

But as for this profile, yep, I started in CTP2. In fact, my first post was about diplomacy. But back then I didn't know where it would lead.

Quote:
28-12-2000 07:19
Woohoo! My first post.

I've never really had a problem with the AI not doing diplomacy. When I first started playing CTP2 I did but then I decided to imitate the US way of diplomacy (no insult intended here BTW). I just stuck my nose into everything and used the arrogant tone. I even stuck my nose into other nations wars. To start with the other nations ignored me or got annoyed, but after I had muskets/tanks/ships-of-line before any of them they started listening and agreeing. Then pretty soon they were all initiating diplomacy with me (and from what I could tell each other). Pretty much I acted like the US as world mediator, bullying everyone to my way and before you know it I had diplomatic victory before aircraft.
Old April 16, 2002, 08:21   #7
Locutus
Deity

Oh, okay, sorry to hear that I guess I'll let it go then, for this one time...
Old April 16, 2002, 08:37   #8
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 20:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My first post as i remember i did not liked CTP2, I had another Login (Pedrun with a one N, forgot the password and changed the my e-mail).
It was April/May of 2001.
I dont really remember if i had already post anything in civ3 forums but my fisrt post to CTP series was asking about adding the space layer from CTP1 back to CTP2 in CTP2 creation forum.
I do remember Locutus aswering and others people (i think Martin did too) saying it was impossible.
Maybe i still can find it somewhere.
-Jean Rostand
Old April 16, 2002, 08:48   #9
Locutus
Deity

Finding your first post is easy: open your own profile -> search for all posts by this user -> go to last page ('>>') -> it's at the bottom. In your case, Pedrun, you'd have to search the member list for Pedrun with one 'n' and use that profile. But don't bother, I already found the thread for you here (I remembered the thread so it was easy enough to find).
Old April 16, 2002, 09:42   #10
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

My first post was about the sea city sprite bug in CTP2, a problem that we didn't sloved and I have no idea if we can solve it without the source code.

I am not shure in which forum this thread actual was started as Markos merged the CTP2 gerneral, help, strategy, multiplaying forums into one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
Markos recovered most of the CtP1/2 posts by now but most of the old posts from the Civ2/Civ3/SMAC/Apolyton/Off-Topic/etc forums are probably lost for good, so you shouldn't be able to find any posts from those forums older than 9 months or so...
Are you shure, Locutus:

http://www.archive.org/

Just enter http://apolyton.net and press the take me back button.

-Martin
Old April 16, 2002, 16:01   #11
Locutus
Deity

Wow! That's a great website, Martin, I had never seen such a thing before. Although not nearly as good as an actual archive, this is very useful indeed