Old January 2, 2003, 16:48   #361
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey folks -- Johnd ? you around ?? Is darius still busy on holidays ?
Old January 2, 2003, 17:27   #362
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 18:04
HI

I'm here - in fact I'm playing the turn right now; will finish soon.
Old January 2, 2003, 18:54   #363
johndmuller
King

2209 to DJ Darius/Angels.
Old January 2, 2003, 20:05   #364
Darius
Prince

I'm here too. I have the turn. Several turns came in today, so if I don't get the turn out today, I should get to it tomorrow.
Old January 3, 2003, 10:16   #365
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

excellent !!!

Old January 3, 2003, 20:26   #366
Darius
Prince

2210 to Hobbes the party animal.
Old January 4, 2003, 12:52   #367
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius
2210 to Hobbes the party animal.

While i did sub for him in his games I did not think my idenntity had been subsumed by his .

2210 to johnd
Old January 4, 2003, 17:34   #368
Darius
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
While i did sub for him in his games I did not think my idenntity had been subsumed by his .
Sorry. He always uses that bouncing green ball.
Old January 9, 2003, 14:00   #369
Flubber
Deity

Hi folks

Weird !! but this thread did not appear on the normal listing in this forum. I could only access it by using the search feature
Old January 9, 2003, 18:18   #370
johndmuller
King

There used to be a glitch in the forum software where (always/sometimes/whenever) the thread that would have been first on the next page wasn't displayed - due to some pointer/index programming error, it skipped over 1 when going to the next page. It was workaroundable by posting something to add another thread on page 1 or changing the size of your pages in the preferences (thus making other entries disappear).

If what you were really wondering was 'who the hell is holding up the game?', the answer is me . I found myself holding the turn in a number of games and I'm just catching up (hopefully) to a more reasonable turnaround; I'm going to play the turn tonight or early tomorrow at the latest.
Old January 9, 2003, 18:28   #371
Flubber
Deity

Actually while I was curious, I am in no hurry. I have a couple of longer game turns that come around pretty quick right now and also I have been playing a bit of single-player. I tried a variant of the switching factions challenge that I need to finish-- I've learned to be patient with the varied paces of my games

Oh and that bug must be it . . . since I believe the date of the last post before mine would have placed the thread around the top of page
Old January 11, 2003, 03:31   #372
johndmuller
King

2210 to DJ Darius/Angels.
Old January 11, 2003, 22:47   #373
Flubber
Deity

2211 to johnd
Old January 17, 2003, 22:21   #374
johndmuller
King

MY 2211 to DJ Darius
Old January 19, 2003, 00:46   #375
Flubber
Deity

2212 to johnd
Old January 23, 2003, 22:35   #376
johndmuller
King

MY 2212 to DJ Darius
Old January 26, 2003, 12:28   #377
Flubber
Deity

onward
Old January 30, 2003, 03:38   #378
johndmuller
King

2213 to DJ Darius/Angels.
Old February 7, 2003, 03:20   #379
johndmuller
King

2214 to DJ Darius/Angels.
Old February 9, 2003, 04:51   #380
Flubber
Deity

2215 to johnd

---------------------------

NEWSFLASH

BORDER SKIRMISHES ON CHIRON

The first conflict (not involving Yang) broke out on Chiron today. Gaian sentries discovered territorial incursions by troops loyal to Darius in FOUR different areas. Troops on a high alert due to attacks from Yang, immediately opened fire upon finding non Gaian military forces within Gaian territory. The conflict escalated as gaian and Coven troops traded fire in nearby areas and automatic defense nets initiated vendetta status.

The Gaian Planetary protectorate regrets the incident but wishes to state its belief in the territorial integrity of nation states. Gaian boundaries are clearly marked and we ask that they be respected by all.

The Gaians offer peaceful treaty status to all parties with the caveat that any armed forces inside our territories would be considered hostile. WE respect the territories of other nations and expect the same
Old February 9, 2003, 18:24   #381
Darius
Prince

Our forces have aggressively been exploring Hive territory, for obvious reasons. We believe that this ultimately benefits all, by containing and ultimately eliminating the Hive threat. In some cases, this regrettably leads to minor border transgressions, but to my knowledge, not near any Gaian bases.

In spite of Flubber's protestations to the contrary, the borders are not always clearly marked, expecially at sea. During this last turn, while exploring waters near a Hive seabase we liberated during the turn, we were astonished to arrive outside a Gaian base with ABSOLUTELY NO WARNING. (Maybe the game redraws the borders in newly explored areas between turns?)

We ask the Gaians to exercise some restraint in the future if we meet again near Hive territory, remembering that we are facing a common threat.
Old February 10, 2003, 22:25   #382
Flubber
Deity

The Gaians wish to confirm that the sea base in question was sovereign gaian territory for at least 5 years, and in any event, far longer than the troops of Darius held nearby bases.

We also note the passage of an IOD carrying mindworms just south of the Gaian coast and ask that such units refrain from approaching our bases. While we respect the idea of free passage of the seas, we request that military units not come within striking distance of civilian centres. We will likewise continue to refrain from having troop carriers approach coastlines of other nation-states.
Old February 10, 2003, 22:41   #383
Darius
Prince

Quote:
The Gaians wish to confirm that the sea base in question was sovereign gaian territory for at least 5 years, and in any event, far longer than the troops of Darius held nearby bases.
I don't dispute that. I just wanted to point out that there was no border marker in the water. I had no idea that there was even a base there until I was next to it and my turn ended. I will of course move away now that I know your base is there, unless you killed me.
Old February 11, 2003, 16:18   #384
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius
I will of course move away now that I know your base is there, unless you killed me.
Unfortunately troops in the warzone opened fire immediately upon finding non-Gaian troops inside Gaian territory without warning. Several Gaian and Coven units then opened fire across the region resulting in deaths on both sides. The skirmish was significant.

A Gaian commission of inquiry is investigating the incident and the question of a missing border marker . The sea marker would not explain the presence of Coven native life apparently trying to hide in fungus inside Gaian territory. Those units either just arrived (which would be alarming) or had been in Gaian territory for some time (perhaps even more alarming). The appearance of these units in addition to a heavily armed warship outside a seabase, caused the area troops to fear invasion and react accordingly.

Gaian troops will maintain a heightened state of alert pending Coven reaction but have been ordered to hold fire unless units appear inside our territory again. We wish to again state our regret over the incident and the subsequent escalation but wish to ask the other leaders of the world, How would you react upon finding foreign troops on your soil and inside your waters with no notice, message or announcement ??

Put another way, do you not all expect others to stay out of your territory?
Old February 11, 2003, 20:08   #385
Darius
Prince

Quote:
Put another way, do you not all expect others to stay out of your territory?
Some place more importance on this than others. Anyway, no hard feelings and let's move on, right?

Whose turn is it?
Old February 12, 2003, 12:55   #386
Flubber
Deity

Turn should be with johnd

and there are NEVER hard feelings-- I just like to roleplay sometimes--If you sneak attack and hit me with a Planet BUster there are still no hard feelings but the affected faction would express great outrage of course --
Old February 15, 2003, 17:56   #387
johndmuller
King

2215 to DJ Darius/Angels.

We gather that you guys have been up to no good lately .
Old February 20, 2003, 22:11   #388
Darius
Prince

I finally had a chance to play my turn and see what actually happened, and was apalled by what I found. I was prepared to accept the loss of a few units that ventured into Flubber's territory. But Flubber attacked my units IN MY BASE that I had recently taken from the Hive. So don't give me that "automatic defense net" crap.

Turn to Flubber.
Old February 21, 2003, 09:35   #389
Flubber
Deity

Darius its roleplaying man !!!

------------------------------------------------

and I never had any intention of hitting you until I found your units inside my territory. Feeling you were trying to put one past me, I hit first . . . . you had troops in my territory, a warship coming up to my base, an IOD bringing worms toward my lands and a reasonably large group of aircraft in a very nearby base. It looked to me like you were trying to get a first strike in. I might be wrong but an invasion force would look pretty much exactly the same . . . I hit that which could hurt me immediately and then wrote my roleplaying story to fit-- its not uncommon for clashes to spread after all.

I'll play tonight-- at which time I will see if the warfare is continuing . . . either way can be a fun game . . .

Last edited by Flubber; February 21, 2003 at 10:09.
Old February 22, 2003, 13:42   #390
Flubber
Deity

" We salute darius of the Coven and Angels for his wise decision to not escalate the skirmish between our troops. The gaian empire would like to consider the matter to be at an end but will remain at a heightened alert status until the parties can achieve a truce agreement. The gaians would like to reiterate that we have no offensive intentions but will act to protect the territorial integrity of our nation"

---------------------------------------------------
exerpt from gaian news release-- 2216

2216 to johnd