Emperor

Local Time: 01:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Voted Aye. Turned to Flubber.

Hobbes

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old May 7, 2003, 09:44   #422
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by H0bbes
Voted Aye. Turned to Flubber.

Hobbes
Hobbes -- you forgot to mention that you attacked me

I also voted aye

----------------------------------------------

High minister flubbeidre announced today that hostilities have broken out with the hobbit after their unprovoked attack on our troops. The Hobbit claimed that the troops were in their lands but mapping has confirmed that they were in Hive territory at last report and had absolutely no opportunity to become aware of the growing hobbit borders.

The gaians view this as unacceptable and open warfare ensued with Hobbit troops. Unfortunately a Hobbit data angel troop opened fire on Gaian troops in defense of a Hobbit cult base and were drawn into the conflict. Gaian forces now consider all Hobbit cult and gaian forces to be hostile and have acted accordingly.

Automatic treaties in place created a state of war between the gaians and the unification and cult of johnd but the gaians most fervent wish is to restore peaceful relations. We have no quarrel with your peoples and are merely acting in response to the unprovoked attack on our peoples

---------------------------------------------------------------

ceo flubber, upon hearing of the hostilities muttered " a war eh-- good for business . . . sell munitions to everyone"
Old May 12, 2003, 00:57   #423
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 18:04
2220 to Hobbes.

The Plenipot has proposed a division of Hive Territories; please see atttachment.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip cyc2220map2.zip (285.1 KB, 9 views)
Old May 12, 2003, 06:33   #424
H0bbes
Emperor

Turned to the green menace.

Old May 12, 2003, 12:54   #425
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

[

Hmmm- I have viewed the proposed map of the division of territories as proposed by Johnd but have not opened the turn yet.

1. What is my current diplomatic status with johnd-- Were the treaty offers accepted?

2. Does the orange line on your bitmap represent Johnd territory and does Hobbes take the strip up the middle ?

3. What is offered in return for the gaians surrendering FOUR bases ? The proposal reduces the gaians while expanding the empires of Hobbes and johnd. BY my count, johnd gets at least 4 bases that are currently Hive while Hobbes takes a bunch of gaian bases and I get nothing ( except a couple of crappy seabases). On what basis is this equitable? I am looking for some reason why it is in my interest to do this.

4. I will NOT willingly give up " Paradise Swarming"-- Someone may take it by force but I expended too much effort to capture it ( and its multiple secret projects) to willingly give it away. This base in non-negotiable.

This map looks like a fantasy list designed to mazimize hobbes and johnd gains while requiring major concessions from me with no mention of anything I get in return.

So for clarity, my position is as follows

a) Having heard nothing from Hobbes I must assume that an outright state of war between us will continue
b) the map of territory as outlined by johnd is unacceptable
c) without any agreement or the prospect of one, I will keep whatever I can capture and retain as we have all done to this point
d) I hope to find myself at peace with johnd when I open the turn
e) I had hoped for some response to my negotiation attempts and must consider the idea that the other factions are not truly interested in a negotiated settlement to the Hive lands issue
Old May 12, 2003, 14:37   #426
Flubber
Deity

I have drawn a few extra lines on the map. The red line represents areas that I consider my territory and do not intend to negotiate. The yellow encloses areas which are controlled by myself or yang and which I propose be subject to negotiation s that involve me. Other areas are between the two of you.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip flubbermap-cyc-2220.zip (275.2 KB, 7 views)
Old May 12, 2003, 15:43   #427
johndmuller
King

The Plenipot, in his infinite Peacedom, provided the initial map as a starting point for negotiations. The various cessions reflected several objectives: return of unjustly captured territories; reparations for excessive use of force with dubious provocation; balancing the distribution of Hive "booty"; removal of the 4th party (HobbesCult) presense; and inserting a buffer zone between the Gaians and Fertilizers.

Paradise Swarming is of particular interest to the Cultivator, not for its contents, but for its threatening location, across the Private Waterway from FertilizerHome; The Plenipot felt that it would be less of a tinderbox in third party hands. Destruction of the base and/or the SP's before transfer would be other elements of a compromise solution. Should the Cultivator acquire Huddling of the People, that could also be a potential part of the Paradise Swarming final soultion
Old May 12, 2003, 17:44   #428
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by johndmuller
The Plenipot, in his infinite Peacedom, provided the initial map as a starting point for negotiations.
The Gaians have now provided a map outlining our starting position as well We believe it to be fairer as it recognizes the current holdings of everyone and allows for discussion of unconquered lands.

Quote:
The various cessions reflected several objectives: return of unjustly captured territories; reparations for excessive use of force with dubious provocation; .
The gaians reject that they owe any reparations to the plenipot or that they have done anything but react appropriately to agression. WE make no apology for conquering the Hive when the plenipot has been doing the same.

Quote:
Originally posted by johndmuller balancing the distribution of Hive "booty"; removal of the 4th party (HobbesCult) presense; and inserting a buffer zone between the Gaians and Fertilizers.
The gaians originally sought 3-way negotiation for the very purpose of agreeing in advance as to the distribution of Hive lands. When no response was forthcoming, we allocated resources to the conquest and wish to continue to benefit from this investment. We remain amenable to a trripartite solution.

However, given our current war with the forces of HObbes, we would welcome the removal of the HobbesCult from the area. We also welcome the idea of a buffer but would propose a demilitarized zone in the area with offensive military to be forbidden, rather than the abandonment of many people that have embraced Gaian citizenship.

Quote:
Originally posted by johndmuller Paradise Swarming is of particular interest to the Cultivator, not for its contents, but for its threatening location, across the Private Waterway from FertilizerHome;.
The Gaians have difficulty understanding this concern as we have known nothing but peace with the Plenipot. WE are interested in this base for its contents and would be very reluctant to abandon this highly developed metropolis. We could agree to refrain from basing choppers and paratroops there in return for a similar promise from the plenipot as part of an area-wide DMZ .

WE also have been provided with no information as to the extent of any plenipot claims to a private waterway. In the interest of good relations, please let us know of the extent of such claims

Quote:
Originally posted by johndmuller The Plenipot felt that it would be less of a tinderbox in third party hands.
There is no acceptable third party. Yang has been unapproachable and we can only surmise that former leader Darius framed us for some nefarious act. We are currently at war with Hobbes after their unprovoked attack on our troops

Quote:
Originally posted by johndmuller Destruction of the base and/or the SP's before transfer would be other elements of a compromise solution. Should the Cultivator acquire Huddling of the People, that could also be a potential part of the Paradise Swarming final soultion
THis comment puzzles the Gaian defense ministry. Your position is based upon the necessity that we surrender a large metropolis as the base threatens you while at the same time you wish to acquire another base toward the Gaian ancestral homeland. Would not your buffer theory lead to the conclusion that we are better served if neither of our people captures this city?

More generally, we note that the plenipot seems to object to the fact of the Gaian occupation of HIve territories but has provided no real basis for this objection. The gaians make no apology for making a slightly speedier conquest. We also note that the plenipot has easy access to ample lands in the south which are largely unoccupied. WE wonder at the logic of asking Gaia to surrender territory when it has no more open lands available while the Plenipot takes more and more territory toward the north and we presume reserving the southernlands for future plenipot colonization

The Gaian nation looks forward to any further response you may have on these issues and hopes to have received these prior our issuance of our next set of orders.
Old May 17, 2003, 14:23   #429
Flubber
Deity

No response so turn played
Old May 22, 2003, 21:54   #430
johndmuller
King

2221 to DJ Hobbes.

Sorry for reload message, had a power blip while the turn was open (fortunately I had saved the turn not long before). I just noticed that the date is off, so the file may have a funny date too.
Old May 23, 2003, 00:29   #431
H0bbes
Emperor

All the 2's 2 Flubber.

Hobbes

Old May 23, 2003, 10:56   #432
Flubber
Deity

I have the turn but it may be a day or so before I can play it. While I have been getting my shorter turns out, I have about 4 games that have been delayed for a ferw days
Old May 31, 2003, 10:00   #433
Flubber
Deity

Turn 2222 sent onward
Old June 1, 2003, 17:43   #434
Flubber
Deity

Hey Johnd -- did you complete the turn ??
Old June 2, 2003, 16:17   #435
johndmuller
King

Sorry Lord Flubber-of-the-2-SP's-at-a-time, I haven't had time to get back to it yet - I'm lucky to take one turn at a time, let alone two fairly complicated ones; hopefully some more tonight and finishing it tomorrow sometime, next day latest.
Old June 2, 2003, 17:00   #436
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Sorry Lord Flubber-of-the-2-SP's-at-a-time, I haven't had time to get back to it yet - I'm lucky to take one turn at a time, let alone two fairly complicated ones; hopefully some more tonight and finishing it tomorrow sometime, next day latest.
No problem -- just feared that it had gone astray
I likewise have much reduced time for playing given the constant sleep deprivation a new child seems to bring. But we will get through it.

. . . Oh and "Lord Flubber" alone will suffice. Accomplishments simply lead to gaudy titles don't you think Provost johnd, conqueror of the Hive, ruler of all the the southern seas.

See ya on Chiron
Old June 9, 2003, 21:19   #437
Flubber
Deity

Hello ?? Where is the turn gang??
Old June 13, 2003, 04:01   #438
johndmuller
King

2222 to Ultra Cool.

Election called by The Cultivator; he says "..So we want to give the Plenipot a vote of confidence and show him how much everyone is behind him, give him the kind of support that will empower him to deal effectively with the crisis in Yangland. Nobody wanted this war, least of all the 'Friendly Farmers' of the Cultivators, who were brutally attacked by the blue meanies (they attacked innocent civilians engaged in kelp farming); there has been some talk about everyone having inappropriate motives for the war, but honestly though, did anyone really like Yang anyway?"
-------------
The candidates are The Plenipot John and Treehugger Flubber-1.
-------------
The voting so far is:
Treehugger Flubber1 with 478 votes: pending
CEO Flubber2 with 146 votes: pending
Cultivator Johnny Dee with 138 votes: 138 votes for Plenipot John
Plenipot John with 364 votes: pending
Ultra Cool Hobbes with 82 votes: pending
Ultra Cool Hobbes2 with 62 votes: pending
Chairman Yang with 24 votes: 24 votes for Plenipot John
-------------
The tally so far is:
The Plenipot John with 162 votes;
Treehugger Flubber-1 with 0 votes;
1132 votes pending.
Old June 16, 2003, 01:24   #439
Flubber
Deity

2223 to johnd

The flubberrite factions voted for Flubber and everyone else voted for Johnd so it looks like Johnd will win. The vote was well-times as I believe by the end of the turn, I had the majority of votes between my two factions.
Old June 27, 2003, 20:11   #440
johndmuller
King

2223 to Ultra-Cool.

The (re)new(ed) Guv thanks the voters very much, even those who supported the loyal opposition. Clearly the electorate wants Peace; even the seething Chairman voted for the Party of Peace. The Guv/Plenipot greatly deplores all this violence; tree-huggers and all their eco-kin Cult brethren all over are forgetting their 'roots'. Whatever happened to dancing naked through the forests?

The Plenipot/Guv hereby calls for a Global Cease-Fire and Truce between all warring parties, no matter whose fault you think anything is.
Old July 23, 2003, 15:42   #441
johndmuller
King

2224 to Ultra-Cool.
Old July 23, 2003, 19:05   #442
Flubber
Deity

hey gang-- nice to see this one alive--
26 days between turns is a long time -- and I will be causing a 14 day delay myself when I go on vacation
Old July 24, 2003, 19:23   #443
H0bbes
Emperor

2225 2 Flubber.

Hobbes

Old July 25, 2003, 14:16   #444
Flubber
Deity

Sorry about the reload-- I had a buffer problem I get sometimes where the graphics on the pop-ups ( base, F$ etc) get increasingly screwed up A reload and it was fixed--

Also I claim the eradication of the Hobbit cult-- I emptied the last base of defenders and could have captured it with either Gaian or morganite forces. I ask that a scout be rushed and the base eradicated--

Also the Hive were eradicated on this last turn

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gaian defence ministry announced today that they are heeding the Peacekeeper request to reduce war on Planet. They stated that the number of warring parties on PLanet has been decreased by two, directly through their actions
Old August 7, 2003, 04:28   #445
johndmuller
King

2225 to Ultra-Cool.
Old August 7, 2003, 20:07   #446
H0bbes
Emperor

Scout will be finished next turn.

Turned to Flubber the almighty.

Hobbes

Old September 10, 2003, 11:32   #447
Flubber
Deity

resurrecting the thread
Old September 10, 2003, 18:44   #448
H0bbes
Emperor

But what about resurrecting the turn?

Old October 4, 2003, 02:05   #449