Old April 17, 2002, 21:20   #1
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 23:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Imagine this! WW2online
http://www.alliedhq.wwiionline.com/blitz.php

holy crap. I am lost on playnet. Im a UK soldier somewhere around Eindoven. Not bad. This game is awesome even tho I play it for only 3 hours and pay on playnet. I havent seen any fighting yet. But the size of this map, and the action on there servers is quite remarkable. I saw a few planes, not sure who's and got a few alerts about battles. Other than that Im totally lost. How can anyone have this sort of time..

I am told my best way to the front from the spawn area is to hitch a ride on a tank...so im looking

This game is good. If only they ironed out the CDT that happens every hour or so. Anybody else on playnet?
Old April 17, 2002, 22:33   #2
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

I bought it when it first came out, but it was essentially still in Beta testing despite being retail. They didn't start charging for two months, and I 'played' during that time, I got unbearable frame rates and loading times - it was pretty much unplayable.

I didn't bother signing up when they started charging money.

Maybe it's better now, but I don't know... it had alot of potential, atleast.

Do It Ourselves
Old April 17, 2002, 22:39   #3
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 16:11
wasn't one of the drawbacks eveyone played as tanks. There were no infantry etc.

Things like that would ruin it for me.
Old April 18, 2002, 01:59   #4
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 19:11
I played it for a while, and yeah: I saw mostly tanks and a few fighter planes.

It might have been kewl if they used AI players to simulate the actual battles, and you are your team was in the middle of immense action.

But the graphics aren't great, the sound is atrocious, and the framerates can get REAL bad (I think it may be more server side related??? because honestly, the graphics don't require much).

I give it a 4 out of 10, and that much only because the basic idea is one worthy to be imitated.
Old April 22, 2002, 23:01   #5
faded glory
King

The graphics are bad,on the level of say, Rainbow 6. But it makes 56k-24k combatible online. That is the thing for me. Yes you get a free month, but above all it is expensive weekend hobby. Its lots of fun. I abandoned BEF actually, and moved to the arfr (French). I have more fun there. I tag along with a squad for awhile. We get into some fun engagements. Sometimes we get air support, sometimes not. Sometimes the AHC releases one of the tank brigade to us in attacks. This weekend we attacked luxembourg, a well planned attack which was made at the highlevels of the AHC, 2 Armored Brigades and 4 Area squads. Shitloads of fun. About 300 Arfr forces in the area on 2 roads heading north. About 20 tanks, good air cover and AT. We capped 7 or 8 germanheld luxembourg cities before the GHC (German high command) decides they had enough and dispatch 2 Panzer divisions are way.

there are issues...the patch helps ALOT. But gameplay bugs (there a number) are an issue. CLipping is annoying, ramming is lame. And the Opel-Krieg. Dont get me started. But its lot of fun.

another problem is boredom. Of course you can wait an hour sometimes just to get organized for attacks. Sometimes you are lucky and spot a tank and hop on. Or a Bedford. Walking to the front can take some time. Depending on where you spawn...
Bunker duty is also annoying.

I give it a 7 of 10. Its fun, but Im only doing this for a few months. And wait till I get bored. Lots of issues. CDT's, bugs, and others.It isnt flawless. But if you like collective miitary teamwork between all branches of armed forces. This is your game.
Old April 22, 2002, 23:04   #6
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by faded glory
I give it a 7 of 10. Its fun, but Im only doing this for a few months. And wait till I get bored. Lots of issues. CDT's, bugs, and others.It isnt flawless. But if you like collective miitary teamwork between all branches of armed forces. This is your game.
Sounds like not much has changed.

Just curious, have they gotten around to implementing naval units yet?

Do It Ourselves
Old April 22, 2002, 23:47   #7
faded glory
King

not sure...im an idiot with a rifle. I think so. Naval forces are on the loss stats. tho only 150 naval guys die a day. Opposed to the 8000 infantry and 3000 airforce on each side, so it naval ops doesnt look like a popular thing to do. I have yet to see any kind of ships with my own eyes.

no not much has changed. But the game is operational shape now. And there patch 1.60 soon. So it looks as tho they are sticking with it.I hate to be upity. When it was first released they said it was terrible. Some tanks didnt have graphics. Just 3 guys in sitting position floating in mid air. those issues seemed to be hammered out. So if you played the game 7 months ago, and hated it. Its worth getting the patch and trying again.