Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 19, 2002, 11:43   #1
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
France, from dawn to dusk
This story is the first i am posting here as i write it. it's also at CFC but they're being written simultaneously. (Russian Rise and A History of Persia have been complete at CFC for a while) i Hope you enjoy. Feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Civilization dawned in a river valley near the English channel. wandering tribes gathered there, forming the greatest settlement in the world, Paris. Many other nations claim to have begun "civilizations" elsewhere, their mockeries of france are not accepted as civilization. The people of paris flourished, even founding a second city, Orleans. Brave french warriors were sent south, where they discovered the roman people.
------------------------------------------------
Jacques the warrior surveyed the territory, spying upon a worker, building a road to help build up Rome. the romans had been a menace to the south, their mockery of france was more millitary oriented than most. almost as millitaristic actually as the german people fabled to live east of france. Rome had denied his nations reasonable request for Warriors Code, fearing that french archers would overwhelm them. Jacques had had enough of it. he raised his arm and with a mighty battle cry his warriors swarmed out to overtake the workers.
-------------------------------------------------
Caeser's fears were well founded. his own workers had traveled to paris, divulging the secret of warrior's code along the way. French archers now swarmed before rome. the city erupted in battle just as Caeser hurried to find his way to a new home. (footnote: Veii was founded in Northern Africa, heaven alone knows how they got there before the age of sea travel)
--------------------------------------------------
Rome had been taken, the romans had forfeited everything they had for peace. Spain was colonized and France grew out with settlers. Germany was discovered, tribute demanded. war declared.
--------------------------------------------------
The swordsman howled, knowing that he was supreme on the battlefeild. Berlin was taken. leizpeg destroyed, germany banished to the frigid northern penninsula. swordsmen took chase. horsemen and archers followed. Europe was almost entirely French.

Last edited by SKILORD; April 19, 2002 at 12:16.
Old April 19, 2002, 12:13   #2
SKILORD
King

The French Glory
It was the evening of the german people. a new "Leizpeg" was founded to the north of Russia and hamburg on the southernmost tip of the nordic penninsula. French chariots, heavily armored war machines. charged through the lands on their way to the new Reich. Swordsmen lagged behind and horsemen were being trained.
Hercle was freezing. his horses were as well but he assumed that they were having a far better time than himself, who was not running as they were. He positioned his spear so that it jutted out the front of his chariot as his horses charged the German archers. The frigid wind flew past him as he hurtled towards the germans, making him even colder. the germans looked unsure, the chariots were moving ever so quickly and they couldn't hope to outrun them. They pulled back their bowstrings nevertheless. Arrows flew, Chariots were brought down. the archers had only moments before the chariots caught them. some ran, the others died.
"Czarina Catherine formally requests that your troops not enter Russian territory." The emmisary said.
Joan almost laughed. the Russians were backwards they could barely defeat the barbarians, their cities were on the edge of downfall.
"No. It cannot be so, i need to send my troops to German lands and I won't build a navy untuil i have a harbor so tell Catherine that she will just have to deal with it."
"May i take that as a declaration of war?"
"Take it as you will"
The Swordsman stood over the burning husk that had been a Russian city. the name hadn't been worth learning. He marched south to Moscow.
"Mylady moscow and Kiev are ours. The russians have moved to South Eastern Asia, where our troops would have to march for ages to reach. Hamburg and Leizpeg have fallen, Germany is no more. We have also discovered the Americans and Iriqois. We own the Great Lighthouse and Library."
"Good, Good"
Old April 19, 2002, 17:09   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:14
let's see if i can find that often used link again...
ah yes, here it is: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=41965

it's not too late to save this story though! (I gave the same link to what is now the funniest story at apolyton, Crazed Greek Wanderings)

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 19, 2002, 18:27   #4
SKILORD
King

sorry a pounding headache has greatly reduced my ability to write
Old April 20, 2002, 22:57   #5
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 18:14
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
I'm liking it so far, and I wrote Crazed Greek Wanderings
Old April 21, 2002, 16:44   #6
PsionicMind
Settler

Local Time: 18:14
Developing nicely