Old May 27, 2002, 00:36   #91
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 18:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thought you guys could use a map since's Austria's gone now. How did you take those cities so fast? Did you buy them?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	thing.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	16274  
Old May 27, 2002, 00:51   #92
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 09:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Emperor Francis II Leaves Austrian Empire to France!

Austrian officals were shocked to read in Emperor Francis II's will that he had left the entire empire to France!
Despite the shock, the officals loyally carried out their Soveriegn's last wish, and formally handed the empire over to newly arrived French officals. This duty was completed when troops of the French Army of Italy entered Vienna and garrisoned its forts alongside former Austrian regiments.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1799apr.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old May 27, 2002, 00:54   #93
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

So did he real-time diplomacy gift them to you then?
Old May 27, 2002, 00:55   #94
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Darius, what happened is that Jimmywax has had to leave this game because he's not going to have regular access to a computer for a few months(?). He gave me his cities on the grounds that Austria was all but defeated (meaning that it would be hard to find a replacement) and I control the only civ he wasn't at war with.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old May 27, 2002, 00:59   #95
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Gotcha.
Old May 27, 2002, 01:50   #96
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 23:17

Dammit lol, my glorious offensive defeated before it begun, im glad i attacked last turn rather than wait like i was going to.

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old May 28, 2002, 13:21   #97
Grothgar
Prince

Nothing much happened, more troops moved into the conquered cities
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia_turn11.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old May 28, 2002, 13:22   #98
Grothgar
Prince

And the map,
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	gnbv3.gif
Views:	29
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	16350  

Old May 29, 2002, 15:54   #99
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Russia declares war on France !

After an unprovoked attack on a Russian ship of the line off the coast of Turkey, Russia's response is a declaration of war against the French Empire.

The French Frigate was sunk as a result of the attack.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1799may.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 30, 2002, 01:41   #100
Case
Emperor

France Mobalises for War!

Following the cowardly and totally unprovoked Russian attack on the French frigate La Havre in international waters, France has mobalised for war against the Russian bear. Elite French units are moving from the Armies of England, Spain and Italy to the front lines in Hungary.

While the city of Lemburg may fall to the Russian hordes, the Czar will be made to pay a heavy price for his act of wanton and stupid agression!

France Strikes Back

The Russian ship of the line responcible for attacking the La Havre has been hunted down and sunk with all hands. In addition, a regiment of Russian cavalry near Buchurest has been slaughted by ex-Austrian troops.

Ambassador to Prussia calls on the King

In light of the Russian attack, France has formally asked Prussia to activate it's defencive alliance with France.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1799may.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 30, 2002, 02:03   #101
Case
Emperor

oh yeah, I also conquered all of Southern Spain except for Gibraltar.
Old May 30, 2002, 13:49   #102
Grothgar
Prince

PRUSSIA JOINS WAR!!!

This month prussia joined the war in europe, however as a member of both alliances after lots of diliberation (actually i flicked a coin) the army of the prussian empire came into the war on RUSSIA'S SIDE!! Though luck had some measure in this decision it seemed to the generals of the empire that france was too big for prussias own good. So we decided to honour our alliance with the russian empire.

NAPOLEON DEAD!!!

Yes amazing as it seems the brilliant prussian generals had surrounded the city of liege when napoleon himself came rushing out of the city trying to break the siege. In his only, and last, mistake of his career he charged the guns who blasted him full of grapeshot. At the last count there were 12 body pieces and counting, they are being sold at auction in berlin next month.

LEMBURG & MUNCHEN TAKEN!!!

The victorious prussian armies, freshly bolstered with the news of the death of napoleon rampaged unchecked by a french response. The city of munchen was hugely fortified and also had a rather large compliment of artillery in it, these were all destroyed and the city was taken, as was Lemburg, the city which had denied the russian army was taken from behind. Just as we like it

Thats my turn, and i am really sorry case, i know youll never trust me again but you really had become to big, even if i had all of russia i would fall before you. So thats my choice...
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia_turn12.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)

Old May 30, 2002, 13:50   #103
Grothgar
Prince

And the map...
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	56
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	16494  

Old May 30, 2002, 17:33   #104
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Massive amounts of Russian cavalry and Infantry is seen heading for the Russian/Prussian front.

*A Russian Ship of the Line sunk two French Ship of the Line west of Istanbul. The Ship took serious amounts of damage and is expected to be lost as soon as the French regains the initiatie.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1799june.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 30, 2002, 20:18   #105
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

This is gonna be interesting...
Old May 30, 2002, 22:43   #106
Case
Emperor

You bastard
I knew that this was going to happen

I was actually thinking of launching a pre-emptive strike on Prussia last turn...

I'll post the turn in a few hours
Old May 31, 2002, 03:11   #107
Case
Emperor

The (French) Empire Strikes Back
Napolean revcovers from wounds

Despite the claims of the treacherous Prussians, General Napolean was only lightly wounded in the Battle of Leige. Remarking that "rummors of my death have been greatly exagerated", the General has returned to the head of his army!

Prussians Slaughted Across Europe!

The foolish King of Prussia has learnt that the price of treachery is the blood of his soldiers.

Fast moving French cavalry corps have struck out at the ponderous Prussian forces outside Munich and have put more then 6 regiments to the sword!
In addition, the French Army of Holland has advanced deep into Prussian territory and has captured the cities of Hamburg and Frankfurt!
Meanwhile, the Army of England has easily liquidated the Prussian foothold in Scotland.

Constantinople Falls!

The like their Prussian lap dogs, the Russian Government has also been made to pay the price of treachery. After a brief bombardment, the French Army of the Balkans siezed the rubble of Constantinople from Russia.

Peace signed with Britain

Following the fall of Gibraltar the British government in exile has agreed to France's peace terms.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1799june.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 31, 2002, 13:34   #108
Grothgar
Prince

Amazingly nothing happened this turn, its true, it really is
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia_turn13.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)

Old May 31, 2002, 13:35   #109
Grothgar
Prince

And the map...
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	51
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	16536  

Old May 31, 2002, 15:18   #110
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

*In a combined operation using naval and landbased forces, the city of Thessaloniki was destroyed by Russian forces. 1 Frigate, 1 Ship of the Line and 1 infantry was destroyed. Russian losses where light.

*Russian cavalry attacked and destroyed a French Cavalry battalion south of Prag
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1799july.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old May 31, 2002, 18:45   #111
W.I.N.T.E.R
Chieftain

Impressive, really quite impressive !!!

Thought U guys would want to know that I am working on the final version for MGE (although I have been able to get hold of an TOT version now I dont think that by the time I get it done there is gonna be anybody left to enjoy it in single player ).

GNB 3.C includes some new features:FINAL ADDITIONS:
----------------
- Shebeques have a reduced movement rate of 9 (as opposed to 10)
- Exchanged Shebeque with Reserve Unit to discourage AI from building weak defensive units
- New Unit: Italian Line Infantry (Replaces Ironclad)
- New Unit: Lützowsches Freiorps (Replaces P Ulan)
- New Unit: Portugese Infantry (Replaces P Hussar)
- Changed T Lancers with L Freicorps (Pirates no longer carry Turkish Flags )

- New Spanish Infantry Uniform
- New Spanish Cavalry Unit (blue)
- New name: Gnrl. Governor is now called Sir John Moore
- New name: Marshal d'Etat is now called Marshal Suchet

- British Fleet under Nelson and French under de Villeneuve have reduced range in turn 1
- Changed Turkish Gov. to Empire
- Changed Neutral Gov. to Empire (aded mines for greater unit support)
- Strengthened Russians economically
- Ottomans have 3 new cities & map changes in Tuky (makes gaming possible for 6 players)
- Neutrals have 4 new cities (Crete and Scandinavia leave more room for player interaction)
- Increased technological predicament level
- At the moment fiddling with techtree for buildable Unique Units with event triggers

- Added triggered advances through conquest of key cities (reward system for MP)
- Greatly expanded Events.txt (U'll C)
- Expanded Describe.Txt (features Units, Goverments, Wonders, Improvements)
- Expanded Game.Txt
- Repost of the dll file for an accurate diplomacy screen
- New Units.bmp File with uniforms after 1800

etc, etc, etc... C U when it gets there
"The way I understand it the Russians are a combination of evil and incompetence- sort off like the Post Office with tanks..." M. Phillips THIRD REICH TEAM
Old June 1, 2002, 02:07   #112
Case
Emperor

BERLIN FALLS!!!

After brushing aside a concentration of Prussian troops outside the city, the French Army of Holland has entered the Prussian capital! It has been revealed that the city was defended by nothing more then a regiment of infantry who proved to be no match for France's massed artillery batteries!

Fall of Capital Sparks General Prussian Collapse!

It appears that the fall of Berlin has been a deathblow to the once proud Prussian Army. After the city's fall French forces were able to easily capture Leizpig, and it appears that the garrison of Munich simply disbanded in dispair after hearing the terrible news from the north. The Baden garrison then mopped up the remaining Prussian troops in the area.

Russian Army Slaughtered

Hard hitting French cavalry has slaughted the Russian army encamped in the ruins of Thessaloniki. No prisoners were taken during the brief battle.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1799july.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)
Old June 1, 2002, 04:01   #113
Grothgar
Prince

Dammit!! I rush built loads of artillery units ready for a conter attack only to find out the AI had changed my production to infantry units, 960 gold for a bloody infantry unit!!!

Oh well, Napoleons finnaly dead, bloody ingrate
Attached Files:
File Type: net prussia_turn14.net (163.1 KB, 3 views)

Old June 1, 2002, 04:02   #114
Grothgar
Prince

and the map
Attached Thumbnails:

Views:	46
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	16578  

Old June 2, 2002, 08:35   #115
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

The Russian army continues it's advance towards the front. The size of Russia is indeed an advantage and disadvantage.

*Istanbul Captured by Russian forces.

*French Ship of the Line sunk in the North Sea.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1799aug.net (163.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by sas; June 3, 2002 at 01:46.
Old June 2, 2002, 19:32   #116
Case
Emperor

Sas, you posted the wrong turn (we're up to August)
Old June 3, 2002, 01:47   #117
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

oops, should be the right one now.
Old June 3, 2002, 09:13   #118
Case
Emperor

Prag and Krakau Fall

After brief fights, the French Army of the Danube has added the cities of Prag and Krakau to the French empire.
In other news, the Army of the Oder has defeated no less then three Prussian artilery regiments near Berlin.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1799aug.net (163.1 KB, 4 views)
Old June 3, 2002, 19:07   #119
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Here ya be
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	thing.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	16721  

Last edited by Darius871; June 3, 2002 at 19:27.
Old June 3, 2002, 19:29   #120
Case
Emperor

Blue, blue, glorious blue
You know Darius, Grothgar's probably going to sue you or something