Old April 20, 2002, 10:38   #1
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 01:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
1.21f patch makes post nuclear apocaliptic scenarios possibile
Just fill map with lots of tile imporvments & pollution.
Give every civ starting units (even some non-buildable with current tech) & settlers.
Give some money and starting techs (let's say all anicent and middle age techs)

Use "era-none" techs to make diffenrent tech tree's for different civs.

P.S.
You know, new editor is not so bad after all.
player1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2002, 15:40   #2
player1
Emperor

Hmm,
Is anybody intrested in making something similar?
(since I have no time for that, and I'm not good in map making)
Old April 21, 2002, 16:21   #3
hetairoi22
Warlord

Local Time: 00:17
An interesting idea. Definately worth trying. I may make one, dont know if i have the time though...

Great Idea
Old April 21, 2002, 21:55   #4
Miznia
Warlord

Local Time: 17:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm not sure why this would be a good idea...? Wouldn't you just get a lot of global warming?

You could also just edit the graphics to make it *look* like there's pollution everywhere, and then play a normal game...
Miznia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2002, 02:10   #5
player1
Emperor

Miznia,
This is not Civ2.

Global warming depends ONLY from pollution genrated in cities.
Not from pollution already on map.

So lots of polluted tiles won't make golbal warming.
Old April 27, 2002, 08:08   #6
player1
Emperor

Hmm,

Anyone intrested in giving a try?
Old April 27, 2002, 10:49   #7
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:17
Sounds like a good idea.

Alas, I'm not the scenario-making type.
Old April 27, 2002, 12:20   #8
player1
Emperor

And all scenario makers are complaining about no ability to make scenraios.

And you CAN make some sort of scenarios with 1.21f patch.
Although you'll need to be a little bit creative.
Old April 28, 2002, 19:30   #9
Ed O'War
Warlord

Local Time: 15:17
The Warlord
Here's a simple post-apocalypse scenario I did. If you try it out, please feel free to give me any feedback (good or bad).

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=48702
Old May 1, 2002, 03:08   #10
ShadowFlame
Settler

I guess I can...
I think I can... Even though I have never made any map before, i can maybe edit the marlamap to have whole hell of a lot of pollution everywhere, especially in the USA, middle east, europe, ans western asia... could do some RR and rods in the more urban areas and even more in te less destroyed areas... Maybe I will also make the civs only be ones that exist now'a'days... So no Babs, Pers, Az, Zuls, or whatever...
Just one question: how do I make all civs start at around mid-industrial era?
Actually I was already thinking of an industrial mod cause I really enjoy the endgame most...

EDIT:
**list of stuff I need for this mod**
-Answer to question above the edit
-explaination of how to make the leaderheads become simple (animated or unanimated) flags of the countries involved (not the current real-world ones. I mean to invent post-apocalyptic union flags)
-PCX or FLC files or whatever for inserting as leaderheads
-Ideas of what to replace nuclear weapons with [I doubt anybody would actually still use nuclear weapons after a nuclear apocalypse] (cool high-tech things would be good [so they can require Uranium for power])

Thanks.

Last edited by ShadowFlame; May 1, 2002 at 10:41.
ShadowFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2002, 11:10   #11
Ed O'War
Warlord

There are a couple of ways to start in the Industrial Era:

1) Use Player Properties in the editor to set each civs era to Industrial. They will automatically start with all of the Ancient and Middle Ages technologies.

2) In the editor, set the era for each of the Ancient and Middle Ages tecnologies to 'None'. The civs won't start with these technologies, and when the game starts each civ will automatically jump to the Industrial Era.

Hope this helps.
Old May 1, 2002, 12:41   #12
ShadowFlame
Settler

I've already started and it's going great!
Thanks Ed, but I found idea no 1 myself. I also gave all of the eight civs four free techs (each) from the mid-to-late industrial era as well.
I gotta run now, but tomorrow I will probably make a run-down of the things i've done so far.
And as an answer to my own question of what should replace nuclear weapons:
I'm gonna just remove them and change the stealth planes to "super-planes" or somwthing. These will be a huge upgrade from the first planes, and the intermediate will be the Jet Fighter as the fighter, and the F-15 as an additional bomber. The Superplanes will require Uranium for their engines, and they will both have all missions and stealth, though the super-bomber will have better bombing and the super-fighter will have more speed or attack or whatever...
Gotta run!
Bye!

P.S.
I still need help with the leaderhead question!
Old May 2, 2002, 21:34   #13
Ariston
Settler

Local Time: 18:17
Ive been working on a post-apocalyptic scenario for the past 2 months - But I want it done right - unfortunately I suck at graphics - Im good t coding and design - but not at implementation. If anyone is good at graphics I have ideas for 20 or so new units and 10 new resources and so on - I have 4 or 5 new governments and 6-7 new civilizations done already and I have just started on the 30 + new wonders and 30 + new city improvements that the scenario will require - whew - too much work - oh well anyone who wants to help contact me.

- Ariston
Ariston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2002, 06:46   #14
ShadowFlame
Settler

Okay, couldn't find the time to post earlier, so here goes:

**Civs**
United America - The first globalized nation that emerged at around 2050 AD ( ). At first consisted only of the north and central american nations, though later all of S. america joined as well (this was before WW3)
--
European Union - Only five years after the americans, the EU decided to become a single nation. All of mainland europe, except russia, joined the union and prospered economically. England supported the EU, but did not join.
--
Sovietta (for lack of better name [I'm still open to suggestions]) - at around 2060 AD Russia got annoyed at all the gloalization going around, so they decided to go back to the old way of communism and stop diplomatic cnonnections with the globalized nations. This was the beginning of the end. at 2067 AD russia secretly forced small ex-USSR countries to join their "empire", though everybody else in the world was convinced they joined wilfully.
--
Asian Empire - Some Asian countries, including China, Korea, and Japan, formed close bonds around the time of the forming of United America. Later they became a quasi-state, which in time become a full globalized empire, including all of Asia under a single flag, except of india that decided to stay a seperate state.
--
Believers - The believers started as a small religious clan in Australia around 2070 AD. The Believers' belief was that nuclear weaponry was a god-sent gift to humanity that could rid the world of non-whites. The clan became a religion, and slowly grew with people aroung the world moving to Australia and joining the religion. Believers gained political power in Australia, until 2098 AD when they made a hostile take-over of the country, using nuclear threats of course. By 2108 AD New Zealand joined the Believers (because of threats) in their Monarchy. By 2115 AD The Believers had more nuclear weaponry than the rest of the world put together.
--
Africa United - When the Believers' nuclear threat grew, the african countried decided to create the last globalized state, Africa United.
--
England - Great Britain.
--
India - as genetics developed and world war seemed far too real, the Indian government longed for their great peacefull leader of old, Ghandi. They took a decendant of the Ghandi Family, Mahar Ghandi, and through Genetic manipulation made him the spitting image of Mahatma, and as Mahar was alredy a peace-loving person, he became an excellent leader and actually prevented an armed conflict between United America and Sovietta at 2074 AD. As he grew older the people despaired and wondered how they could go on without this leader, so they made him immortal through a secret technology they developed. Wehn WW3 broke out in 2156 AD, Ghandi was hidden in a deep under-ground safe-house. When the fallout nearly dissapeared in 2208, Ghandi emerged and lead the survivors again.

EDIT:
**Map**
DONE (or still doing):
I used MarlaMap (anyone know if she allows free use and edition of it?) and sunk a hell of a lot of land, due to the ice caps' melting; I added pollution everywhere, especially where there really were big cities; I turned lots of more fertile land into deserts or plains; I turned a lot of forests into jungles (due to the genetic mutations); Killed most animal and plant life (resources); Killed some forests;
TO DO: add a lot of metals and minerals around the main destruction areas (land gets messed up and resources surface); make a CPF for the scenario
Can't think of anthing else right now...

Last edited by ShadowFlame; May 6, 2002 at 01:07.
Old May 5, 2002, 08:00   #15
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 23:17
That sounds cooool...
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
zulu9812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2002, 02:27   #16
Chieftess
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Chieftess

Local Time: 19:17
Quote:
Originally posted by player1
Miznia,
This is not Civ2.

Global warming depends ONLY from pollution genrated in cities.
Not from pollution already on map.

So lots of polluted tiles won't make golbal warming.
Oh.. no wonder the game still gives global warming effects when there's no pollution on the map!
Chieftess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2002, 17:07   #17
Joe R. Golowka
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:17
Maybe replace nuclear weapons with a plague unit and make it barbarian only. That would be very interesting and definately give the feel of a devastated world.
"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners." - Edward Abbey
http://www.anarchyfaq.org
Joe R. Golowka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2002, 10:10   #18
ShadowFlame
Settler

Look at my post above, I've already found a replacement. Actually, the Believers civ still uses nuclear weapons, but they don't enjoy many benefits of the "secular" civs (non-believers).
I have pretty much finished the mod, at least for a beta release, but my problem is I cannot understand how to place all the civs in the correct places. Somebody help! Civ placement is vital for the mod!
Old May 10, 2002, 11:48   #19
tishco
Prince

Local Time: 23:17
i was wondering about uk joining united eurrope, labour wasnt is government then by the sound of it, but isnt it unfair on uk, small compared with rest, although it would be cool holding out the uk!
formerlyanon@hotmail.com
tishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2002, 14:43   #20
Ed O'War
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowFlame
Look at my post above, I've already found a replacement. Actually, the Believers civ still uses nuclear weapons, but they don't enjoy many benefits of the "secular" civs (non-believers).
I have pretty much finished the mod, at least for a beta release, but my problem is I cannot understand how to place all the civs in the correct places. Somebody help! Civ placement is vital for the mod!
The editor can't presently do civ placement, though it's obvious by looking at some of the features they added in 1.21 that Firaxis is working towards adding that ability. You'll probably have to use a save game editor to do the civ placement, though I'm not sure if any are compatable with 1.21 yet.
Old May 10, 2002, 15:19   #21
player1
Emperor

Some scenarios can be very interesting even with random starting locations (like Ed O'War's Warlord scenario).
Old May 11, 2002, 05:34   #22
ShadowFlame
Settler

BETA REALEASE!!! v0.1 is out!!!!
Okay! Here is a beta .BIC file of "Post-A" or ShadowFlame's Post-nuclear apocalyptic scenario!
It's not quite complete and I only recommend it to mod makers who want to mess around with the BIC and help me. I need a few things:
-- Someone to place the believers in australia, england in the south-west coast of england, united america somewhere on the ease coast, EU in france, sovietta in moscow (lots of pollution there), africans somewhere in africa, asians somewhere in eastern china, and india ina india.
-- Someone to put in more blobal names for all the civs, and the believers should recieve invented original evil names

That's it (for now)!
to install the mod put the .BIC file in the "scenarios" folder, and copy the stealth bomber twice, renaming one folder and INI as "super bomber" and one as "nuclear bomber". copy stealth fighter once and rename to "super fighter"

oh, and tishco, the UK in this mod start on quite good terrain, and once I have the time for it I will give them a canoe to start with so they can take greenland [maybe] and europe early.

Enjoy!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip post-a.zip (61.3 KB, 99 views)